LT vaper, long time no see

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolgrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Missouri
I joined this forum 8 yrs ago. After a couple of years of learning and contributing, I moved on, continued to check back every once in a while but never stopped vaping. I very rarely buy premixed juice, maybe 2-3 times in the past 5 years so when all these lungs issues came up and every other news story was about how vaping was going to kill you, I knew that I was probably OK since I make my own juice. Then it started to sound like there was actual medical proof that vaping was leading to serious lung, heart, etc, disease. Damn near threw all my gear out after reading news stories from several reputable resources confirming my worst fear.

Then I decided to come back here. I can usually pick out the BS pretty quickly and my hackles are already up from having to fend off endless well meaning "you have got to stop vaping!!! " conversations and obvious postings of the news stories on FB .

I grant you that I want all these warnings to be wrong because I love vaping, I really do. It does not make me cough, it doesn't stink up the house and I was pretty confident that it was saving my life. So I'm really kinda POed about all this crap. And I know I'm not alone. I want honest answers and that's what I came here for. After reading just a few threads I'm feeling more relaxed (or is it because I'm sucking on the nautilus mini like a milk shake...). I'm certainly not going to throw anything out...just yet. Anyway, thanks for still being here, nice to drop in .

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Inhaling anything besides air has risks.

I'll say it again. There's no carbon monoxide in vaping. Who knows? One day studies may show nicotine patches cause skin cancer or the gum causes gum disease.

But the fried chicken I had for lunch is going to clog my arteries someday if the salt from the pretzels doesn't cause a stroke first. Now if the tiny plastic shavings in my Gatorade zero doesn't cause polyps on my intestines before the artificial sweetener causes alzheimers I'll be ok until a random hunk of space junk lands on my head or who knows what……

Not one single person has the ability to not die of something. Shoot just this morning the alphabet soup news casters had me convinced the worst hurricane since the one that was worse, which wasn't as bad as the worst ever one before that hurricane …was going to kill me sometime between 11pm Thursday and 8am Friday.

So screw it. Live a little. Vape on bro.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You've been vaping for ~8 years. Do you have any symptoms? Some of those news stories were new vapers vaping "other stuff" or something they bought from questionable sources.
Iirc the cdc said it was “most” but did not actually point to any instances where it wasn’t. This was always a danger inherent in the way the hardware works. One can put almost anything into them. The CDC is IMHO being extremely lazy with its language and parsimonious with its data and may be causing a bigger problem than they are solving atm.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Welcome back. If you look at the area of the affected cases, you will see that they are clustered in areas. If it were commercial ejuice or equipment they would be less clustered and would be in more random throughout the US and other countries. It also is the latest tool used for the anti-vapors to cry wolf. I, myself, vape DIY unflavored ejuice but this is because I really don't really care for the flavors. So it is a personal reason and not for fear of anything that may be in it.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I guess my history of vaping, because it has literally transformed me, would preclude any negative stories, period. If I heard vaping causes blindness, baldness, hardening of the arteries, brain damage, etc, it would go in one ear & out the other and It definitely wouldnt cross my mind to get rid of my precious vape gear. Now if there was a bonafide study of a few thousand people that showed something real bad after 20 years of vaping, perhaps I might listen, but just a little...welcome back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread