M1A1 Buzz Tank Newbie struggling....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
I was so psyched to get my Buzz tank! I'm a jeweler and have every type of equipment imaginable for punching holes. It took me 5 cartos and I finally got one that SEEMS to be working. But I get more vape from a normal carto than I do my tank! IN fact, at times I don't get ANY... and then I'll get one great hit. I enlarged the hole slightly and it helped a tad but still not great. No leakage. No punctured inner tubes this time. I'm at a loss! I also noticed my jasmine doesn't taste the same using a tank.. that seemed odd to me. I want a GREAT, reliable tank.... is there a better option out there for me? Or am I expecting too much from a tank?

*Using a Riva 510 with Boge cartos

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Hey JGD, I don't use the set-up you mentioned but have seen utube vids where the guys are slotting the
carts instead of punching them. How big a slot or how high or low on the cart to slot it seems debatable.
I looked for the appropriate vid to link for you but did not find it again.
It may be something to look into if you like.
Again I'm new to vaping and slotting carts may not apply to you with the set-up you have.

Cheers, happy vaping, Hitmetwice.

calsax

Deadhead at large
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Oceanside, CA
Just got my first tank today and loving it. I am not using Boge cartos, rather Smoktech dual coils. I have two holes punched, one on each side. After filling the tank, with really tasty E-LiquidEmporium Espresso 24 mg 30/70, I filled the carto with juice, put on the tip, and dry hit it gto make sure it was primed. Works like a champ. If you don't get the carto primed, it will burn.

Good luck!

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
You're a jeweler, you should be talking to Swarovski about making a crystal tank!

All tanks seem to be very similar, but with their eccentricities, the buzz has a filling hole, the smoktech have a groove for flanged cartos, etc. My SS Big Daddy is working very well!

If you're looking for tanks with bling, Big Daddy and Phiniac are offering Pyrex tanks. I would have ordered the Pyrex sleeve from BDV as an extra, but they're advising against using them with Stainless Steel caps.

With your issue, I would see if I'm tightening the carto tank harder than you put just put on a carto.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Yeah, I've had fleeting thoughts of ways of making a Mod myself someday with gems.. but I'm still a newbie. I have casting equipment, a kiln and every piece of fabrication equipment/tools you could imagine. I'll be adding my own engraving to my Buzz tank:)

What do you mean the Buzz has a fill hole? I use authentic real gems.. not a crystal type of gal:) But some sapphires would stand any amount of heat and be beautiful too (they come in almost every color). Eventually I'll make a partial sleeve or something for my Buzz tank out of sterling silver/gold. I still have a ton to learn. 100 days and counting as a smoke-free vaper.

My Buzz is in the mail and should be here soon.... yay! I hope my 801 Fusions get here in time to use it right away!

Thanks.... I need all the help I can get with my new Buzz... I'll be posting on the forum a lot learning how to use it properly.

You're a jeweler, you should be talking to Swarovski about making a crystal tank!

All tanks seem to be very similar, but with their eccentricities, the buzz has a filling hole, the smoktech have a groove for flanged cartos, etc. My SS Big Daddy is working very well!

If you're looking for tanks with bling, Big Daddy and Phiniac are offering Pyrex tanks. I would have ordered the Pyrex sleeve from BDV as an extra, but they're advising against using them with Stainless Steel caps.

With your issue, I would see if I'm tightening the carto tank harder than you put just put on a carto.

Last edited:

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
What do you mean the Buzz has a fill hole?

The Buzz has a giant screw on the side that you remove to fill.

18f44d0f-2223-6bf7.jpg

DarbukaDave

Drumming Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hornell, New York
The Buzz has a giant screw on the side that you remove to fill.

18f44d0f-2223-6bf7.jpg

I think that screw is just there to keep the tank from sliding around the carto....at least that's how I've been using it :)

I don't know as I would trust constantly removing the screw to fill it, I would worry about leakage around the treads. Maybe I'm wrong.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
I think that screw is just there to keep the tank from sliding around the carto....at least that's how I've been using it :)

I don't know as I would trust constantly removing the screw to fill it, I would worry about leakage around the treads. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why would it be all the way through, and a threaded screw, if it wasnt for removal?

DarbukaDave

Drumming Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hornell, New York
Why would it be all the way through, and a threaded screw, if it wasnt for removal?

I don't know....I just tighten it up ever so slightly to the carto after I've filled it and it keeps it tank pretty stable. If it is a fill hole...yea for me, one less thing I have to do :)

DarbukaDave

Drumming Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hornell, New York
I Just checked out their site, its not a fill hole :(

it has a locking side screw for positive holding to the cartomizer , it has Aluminum ANODIZED ( impervious to corrosion ) top and bottom caps , both internal and external orings on BOTH the bottom and top caps .

Last edited:

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
I Just checked out their site, its not a fill hole :(

it has a locking side screw for positive holding to the cartomizer , it has Aluminum ANODIZED ( impervious to corrosion ) top and bottom caps , both internal and external orings on BOTH the bottom and top caps .

Never heard of anyone needing vertical stabilization for a carto before.

My mistake, but that's exactly what I would use it for. I think o-rings would last longer if you didn't have to keep sliding the carto up and down to fill the tank.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
The screw can indeed be used for filling (via syringe or needle-top bottle). It can also be used to equalize the air pressure if you punched holes that were too small(though this gets annoying rather quickly).
Finding the right size and number of holes (or slots) to punch varies with the carto and liquid viscosity. It just takes a little trial and error...

Also: remember to fill the carto before you fill the tank.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Oh, I know.. I hvae the tank.. I thought you meant the actual UNIT I'm expecting:) Thanks though.. I am still having tank issues and hope to have them resolved by the time my Buzz ro arrives (tomorrow hopefully). I just can't get the right size punch hole! It seems no matter what I do it's too small, to big or I pierce the inner tube. I don't want to hurt ANY of my new Fusions (WOW, they rock.. even on my Riva with an adapter!). I can see/feel/taste the difference....very impressive cartos:)

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I'm waiting for XL fusions, as my tank is the big one. On mega 808s I use two holes for thin PG liquid and four with 50/50 stuff, but I still get some dry hits with the 50/50. I've been using the saddle valve thing.... I've thought about putting a hole near the top of the carto for thick liquids, but I'm afraid it will make it leak all over. Has anyone been doing this? I'm starting to think I'll have to reserve my tanks for thin stuff and just use XXL cartos for the thicker liquid.

You're going to love that buzz!

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
I got the Buzz and I DO love it.. but it NEEDS that tank on ASAP. It goes through juice So much faster.. even set on low voltage with a 2.0 Fusion. I have to top off every couple of hits! It's been so annoying that it's ket me from using it much.. two hits, it goes dry, starts to burn and I have to re-fill again. It actually seems to give the best vapor on the lowest voltage setting with the LR 2.0 Fusions. Is this normal??

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Yeah, I can't help you :) I haven't tried fusions yet. You might ask in the Ikenvape forum, as I'm sure they are familiar with the product. I know that I don't usually drive the mega 808s past 4.5V or so or they start tasting bas to me. Those are 3 Ohm, I think. 3 Ohm atomizers are the only thing I push up to the max. 1.5 Ohm DCs usually stay in the low 4's for me (a bit under the yellow on the Buzz).

It really doesn't matter. Just find the spot that makes you happy.

Try the Cartomizer issues sub-forum as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread