M401/2 Manual Switch Batteries and M602 Manual Kit from AbsolutelyeCigs.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Got my M401/2 manual batts and M602 manual kit 2 days back. Since i got two items at once, i decided to wait for a while before giving a review.

Packaging wise, there was nothing surprising. Everything was standard and arrived in good condition.

*NEW* M401 & M401 Manual Switch Batteries - Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs from Smoore
M401/2 Manual batteries
First, lets review the M401/2 manual batteries. This is definitely a breath of fresh air to the Mseries. The manual batts performs on par with the USB Passthrough. Its like having a USB Passthrough on the move. The vapor and throat hit is consistent and every drag is extremely satisfactory. Holy *****!!

There is absolutely no drawbacks that i can think of this battery except for the little inconvenience of having to press the button each time. There are instances where i forgot to press on the button and wondered if my battery or atomiser died on me.

Battery life is more or less the same as the auto versions. The buttons are easily located and well placed. I highly recommend this item for the following reasons:

1) Highly consistent and great performance.
2) Still looks like a cigarette without needing a big mod for vaping satisfaction.
3) A good addition to my existing M40x parts.

Starter Kits - *NEW* M602 Manual Switch Starter Kit - Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs from Smoore
M602 Manual Starter Kit
As for the M602, this just gets better. Its like an M401 with bigger batteries and atomisers and with a manual switch. Looking at the bridge of the atomiser, i can make a deduction that the bridge of the M602 is about 30-40% bigger than the M401. The battery diameter is visibly bigger than the M401 (see pictures) but still feels very comfortable holding it in my hand. This is something that beats the 510 as i never feel comfortable holding a 510.

The appearance is also pretty sleek as it looks like a two piece model compared to the M401, which looks like a 3 piece. This is due to the threads and connectors of the M602 being the opposite of the M401.

This model produces a bigger throat hit compared to the M401. The vapor production is also slightly higher but not significantly so. I will not discount the possibility that the seemingly higher vapor production is just my imagination because of the better throat hit. I'll let you guys decide for yourselves. Either way, the M401 vapor production is very much satisfactory for me so it does not really matter if the M602 is much more superior or not.

Many have mentioned that the cartridges of the M401/2/3 is small. The M602 takes care of this aspect with bigger carts. The carts also seem to be around 30% bigger than the M401/2/3 carts and can hold more liquid.

So far, the atomiser and batteries are not showing any signs of slowing down. Unlike the 510, which i can feel significant reduction in performance in just 2 days. This is definitely a keeper and will be for those who wants a bigger engine for the M401 and do not mind a bigger diameter. E-Cig length is 100mm and is between the M401 and M402.

200911071080.jpg

200911071081.jpg

Will post updates if anything new and interesting shows up during further usage.

Last edited:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I believe that the battery life depends on usage pattern. I realised that if i hold on the button for a few seconds before inhaling on the cartridge, this uses up more power and battery finishes faster than usual. I did not particularly time the number of puffs but overall, the battery life is very satisfactory.

adaptsteve

Oct 24, 2009
I see that there is a difference between manual and "automatic" (none-automatic?) E. cigarettes. I am a quadriplegic and really cannot squeeze a button on my cigarette -- at least -- not if there's much pressure/dexterity involved. Is there anyone with a similar problem who might be able to enlighten me as to whether or not the pushbutton models would even work for me? I see that a couple of models I would like to look into have the button. (Someone gives me a hand has killed the "smoking anywhere", or everywhere unit I bought-- whatever it is) while trying to clean it. Unfortunately, I didn't do much research before my purchase as I had no idea there was such a plethora of devices available. If there is anyone familiar with the disability world who can second-guess the pressure point on the button model (I'm a C-5/6 Quad)-- any guidance is appreciated! & to make matters worse - this is my 1st blog experience... So, hope this "get's out" there.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I'm sorry but i don't know much about your condition. All i can say is that the button requires very minimal effort to push down. Its also very well placed where u can hold the entire ecig with 2 fingers and smoke it with one hand.

If you are still worried, u can try the auto ones with a USB Passthrough.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Fedor...How does the 602 compare to the M201 in terms of vapor and throat hit? I really like the m201 because of the big vapor, throat and the great taste. Thanks in advance.

Like i mentioned in the review, the 602 has bigger vapor and throat hit compared to the M401. However, it still is not the beast that the 201 is. I would say that it is in between the M201 and M401. This is to be expected as it is no where near the size of an M201. But it is also not that far behind.

Also, the M602 is a manual kit but the M201 only comes in auto. So you can't compare apple to apple. My opinion is that the M602 is a great performer in both the throat hit and vapor department.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
hey Fedor
Since you have all of these models- have you noticed a difference in the battery life in the 602 and the 401?
I was considering a 602 for the bigger carts but looking at the AEC specs for the two models it looks like the 401 has better battery life:

M602 Specifications:
Size 104mm(L) x 9.2mm(D)
Weight 330g
Lithium Battery DC 3.7V-100mAh
---------------------------------------

SMOORE—401 (auto)
Dimensions 108(L)×8.5(D)mm
Weight 13.5g
Power source DC 3.7V-200mAh

This seems to indicate that the 602 will hold a charge for less time.
Also the 702, which is a shorter battery, is the same at 100mAh -
while the 201 and the 401 are both 200mAh.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
Ohh....and i did manage to find out something interesting, Birdy.

There will be a PCC from Smoore that will charge almost all the Mseries batteries, including the much coveted M401. There will also be an M201 USB Passthrough available in days.

That's rad. I wonder if the PCC will be the cigarette pack type or the ones more like the ones for the kr808 stuff. Either way I'll be picking one up.
Gonna give the 201 a try too, heard nothing but good things about it.

oh and thanks for the input on the 602 batt life.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
That's rad. I wonder if the PCC will be the cigarette pack type or the ones more like the ones for the kr808 stuff. Either way I'll be picking one up.
Gonna give the 201 a try too, heard nothing but good things about it.

oh and thanks for the input on the 602 batt life.

The PCC for the M401 should be the cig pack type. You will love the M201. It comes with passthru now too:

USB Passthrough (M201 & M401) - Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs from Smoore

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
I recently bought a m401 passthrough and 3 m402 manual batteries. The line on the passthrough almost immediately became entangled in the extender and had to be removed and used loose. That wasn't a great problem as my set up required the full length anyway. It gives a great draw.

The batteries were a giant disappointment though. I've yet to see the continuous fully charged light on any of them despite charging for up to 10 hours and the battery life was abysmal. I'd get around 45 minutes of chain vaping out of each bettery which is less than half what I'd get out of my intellicig might atom batteries (they're the same dimensions as the m402). The only positive thing I can say is I got a slightly stronger draw out of the manuals.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I recently bought a m401 passthrough and 3 m402 manual batteries. The line on the passthrough almost immediately became entangled in the extender and had to be removed and used loose. That wasn't a great problem as my set up required the full length anyway. It gives a great draw.

The batteries were a giant disappointment though. I've yet to see the continuous fully charged light on any of them despite charging for up to 10 hours and the battery life was abysmal. I'd get around 45 minutes of chain vaping out of each bettery which is less than half what I'd get out of my intellicig might atom batteries (they're the same dimensions as the m402). The only positive thing I can say is I got a slightly stronger draw out of the manuals.

I get a very decent battery life out of the manuals. I think the difference may be due to the different vaping habits. I realised that if i develop a habit of pressing on the button for a few seconds before inhaling, i get a better hit but this also depletes the battery faster. This makes sense as it almost means that you are using the battery two times you would as compared to the auto ones. I believe the battery life will be longer if i press the button just as i am about to inhale. I believe auto and manual batts cannot be compared eye to eye for this reason.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
hey Fedor
Since you have all of these models- have you noticed a difference in the battery life in the 602 and the 401?
I was considering a 602 for the bigger carts but looking at the AEC specs for the two models it looks like the 401 has better battery life:

M602 Specifications:
Size 104mm(L) x 9.2mm(D)
Weight 330g
Lithium Battery DC 3.7V-100mAh
---------------------------------------

SMOORE—401 (auto)
Dimensions 108(L)×8.5(D)mm
Weight 13.5g
Power source DC 3.7V-200mAh

This seems to indicate that the 602 will hold a charge for less time.
Also the 702, which is a shorter battery, is the same at 100mAh -
while the 201 and the 401 are both 200mAh.

Hi.... I don't know were you got these specifications from but I am pretty sure they are way off. The 601s have 180mah rating and the m201 has 280mah rating. But with the m series the mahs are really worth more. For example the 401 will last way longer than the equivalent 180mah 901 battery and the m201 will last way longer than any 801 battery. So don't let battery life holding you back from getting the 601/602s. I personally love the m201s. I vape about 4ml a day and usually I only go through two batteries a day.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
Hi.... I don't know were you got these specifications from but I am pretty sure they are way off. The 601s have 180mah rating and the m201 has 280mah rating. But with the m series the mahs are really worth more. For example the 401 will last way longer than the equivalent 180mah 901 battery and the m201 will last way longer than any 801 battery. So don't let battery life holding you back from getting the 601/602s. I personally love the m201s. I vape about 4ml a day and usually I only go through two batteries a day.

That's good to know, thanks. And I agree- my 401s far longer than a 510 180 battery. Hard to gauge anymore though as I primarily use a PT.

The whole reason I was confused about this is that I got those specs right off of the Absolutelyecigs.com site- they are the storefront for Smoore, the manufacturer.

But yeah, I'm sure they're typos or something. The specs don't make sense in the context of their descriptions of the 601/602s being more powerful or whatever. And it sure doesn't jibe with the larger diameter.
Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread