The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

M402 PCC, Manual batteries charging problem

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by Ariel_MX, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    Hello all,

I have been using a M402 Starter Kit (from Absolutely Ecigs) for 5 months i think. I bought it with Auto Batteries, no problem with them.

However, i bought a couple of manual batteries from AE also, i have problem charging them with the PCC using the same procedure i use to charge the automatic ones:

Screwed the battery in,
    Push the PCC button for 3 seconds, it starts to blink
    The battery led on the PCC does some blinks

- For the auto batteries:
    The PCC indicator led turns red (it is charging the screwed discharged battery)

- For the manual batteries:
    The PCC indicator led turns off (not green neither red)

The manual battery is firmly screwed, it flashes after the PCC indicator led flashes but after that, no PCC red indicator led :( (no charging manual battery)

If still trying the procedure over and over, sometimes the PCC led turns red and it starts to charge the manual battery.

I have tried with another PCC's and manual batteries (i bought copule of starters kits with manual batteries), same result.

Any idea?

Maybe i am missing some procedure?

Excuseme for my bad english.

-Ariel

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2010
    USA
    ""The manual battery is firmly screwed, it flashes after the PCC indicator led flashes but after that, no PCC red indicator led (no sharging manual battery)""

My first PCC did the same thing, would take loads of tries to get my manual battery to connect for a charge.. Returned PCC for a replacement one and have had no problems with this one since but, it took the guy four tries before finding me PCC replacement that worked correctly...

3. Ariel_MX

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    Thank you for the reply.

Good to know i am not the only one with the Manual battery PCC charging problem.

Will check with a friend's PCC, will post the result.

4. Abe

Abe Unregistered Supplier

Jun 1, 2009
    UK / US
    I too have experienced this problem, out of 10 PCC's about 1/3rd of them would charge all manual batteries, the other 2/3rd's would charge SOME but not all of the manuals an interesting point is that it was the same battery that would not charge so it was something particular to that battery. I am trying to find out more about this problem, if I do I will post again.

5. Ariel_MX

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    Same problem with M602 (manual) batteries and PCC, the PCC sometimes charge the batteries -after a lot of trying-

6. Ariel_MX

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    I wrote an email to AE informing about this issue and this is what they replied to me:
    (i have not tried it yet)

Dear Ariel,

Please try the below for resetting if the PCC is unable to charge the battery:

Try soft reset first, if that doesn't work then do a hard reset.
    Soft reset:
    1. Remove the battery from the charge slot in the PCC.
    2. Hold the button until the green light comes on.
    3. When the green light shuts off screw battery into the slot and charge.

Hard Reset:..
    1. With battery screwed into the charging slot- hold down the button until the green light comes on and then let go.
    2.As soon as the red/ green light comes on hold the button again for 4-5 more seconds.
    3. Release button and wait for the red/green light to turn off.
    4. Press and hold button for another 4-5 seconds(while red light turns back on. If red light didn't come on second time.... u may need to do a "soft reset" first)

7. ladydeth

ladydeth Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2010
    PA
    Thanks for this note! My manual M401 battery and PCC ( both from LiteCig) do the same thing.

8. Paisley

Paisley Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Florida
    Guess I'm in that boat too. Just got a M401 PCC, it charged the manual battys the first 2 times and now it wont charge them anymore. I tried the soft and hard reset, guess I need to exchange it unless there is another fix somebody has found. Hope I can get it resolved, I really loved it that first day.

9. F22B1 Tuner

F22B1 Tuner Full Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Worcester, MA
    I sort of found a semi solution. With your battery 3/4ths screwed in, hold down the charge button for 5 seconds until the pcc light starts to blink. Then after around the 3rd blink screw in the battery the rest of the way. I have to do that with mine all the time. Kinda gets annoying but it works.

10. Paisley

Jun 26, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks I'll try that, I did find that it would charge 2 M401 batteries as long as they aren't discharged all the way. I like the idea of having a PCC for when I'll be out for a long period without a power supply and will be delighted if that solves the problem.

11. Paisley

Jun 26, 2010
    Florida
    I am delighted!

That's the trick, I had all but given up on the PCC as a charger unless I recharged before the battery blinked.

12. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    So glad I found this thread. I was having a hard time in the PCC with my one manual 402 battery with the taller button (my black & gold battery). A couple of times I didn't realize it wasn't charging while I used the other and ended up with zero charged batteries. But I tried the 3/4 of the way suggestion and it gave all indications of working. Yay!

Thank you!!!

13. F22B1 Tuner

F22B1 Tuner Full Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Worcester, MA
    Cool, glad to know it worked

14. Paisley

Jun 26, 2010
    Florida
  15. PapaJoe8

PapaJoe8 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2010
    Texas DFW Area
    F22, real smart that you figured this out! And nice that you shared it. I have had no probs w/ my PCC but don't use it so often. It must be some kind of misthreading (is that a word?) problem?

Paisley, hope you got my late PM!
    Joe

16. Paisley

Jun 26, 2010
    Florida
    Yep, just been real busy between work, family and life.

17. PapaJoe8

PapaJoe8 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2010
    Texas DFW Area
    No Prob Paisley! I was the one late responding.

I got my PCC mainly to charge batts when I went to bed. Hey, it's sposed to be "Smart". I had heard leaving a batt on a regular charger all night was not a good thing. I have now heard that when a reg charger turns green it is no longer charging and won't hurt tha batt. I am still not sure on all this.
    Joe

18. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I'm having some more PCC failure to charge problems too. And I did soft reset first then the 3/4 in trick today, and the battery did flash when I expected it to. But it didn't charge.

19. F22B1 Tuner

F22B1 Tuner Full Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Worcester, MA
    Just a little tip when doing the "trick"
    Ok so you know how I said 3/4ths of the way? well it was just a reference.
    The whole idea is to let the PCC to go into charging mode without the M40X battery touching the charging contacts then screw it in as fast as you can.
    Do it too early and it won't charge, do it too late and it won't charge. It's got to be just right.
    It's a pain, I know. But I hope this helps.

Good Luck getting it working dormouse

20. Ariel_MX

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    The 3/4 solution works great, thank you for sharing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.