Machine-puffed e-cigs yielded vapor containing exactly what you’d expect, and not much else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
As I was saying about generic drugs from India, the US forbade US credit card companies from doing such transactions. I can't give a link or point to an exact law at the moment, but we (and this includes people I know in Europe) can no longer order online with a credit card like we used to.

I know what you're talking about..those were DEA scheduled drugs.. A substance need not be listed as a controlled substance to be treated as a Schedule I substance for criminal prosecution. A controlled substance analogue is a substance which is intended for human consumption and is structurally or pharmacologically substantially similar to or is represented as being similar to a Schedule I or Schedule II substance. tobacco has no such scheduling.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
From the blog "Customs and International Trade Law"

"Smoking Cessation Products"

Products that are marketed for therapeutic purposes, like electronic cigarettes claiming to help you stop smoking, will continue to be regulated as medical products under the FDA’s existing drug and device authorities in the FD&C Act.
E-Cigs "Deemed" Tobacco Under New FDA Proposed Rule | Customs and International Trade Law Blog

There's ways around these things..and the Chinese are masters at this sort of thing.
I would even go so far as to say the proof is out there that e-cigs are helping thousands upon thousands stop smoking. It's just going to take time before a pier review paper is written and reviewed..and a similar (not written for scientists and in terms easily understood is released) Thus proving scientifically that ecigs are devices that are therapeutically helping smokers kick the cigarettes. That should have already been done..Idk what's the hold up on that one.

Because for some unknown reason, TPTB seem to think that quitting smoking requires a "medical" approach -- nothing else will do! But some court decided that e-cigs aren't "medical" devices. Which probably saved e-cigs in 2009, but... now what??? Now, because they aren't medical devices, they must of necessity be "tobacco products"??? How do such stupid people get and keep their jobs???

Andria

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
The paper is a very interesting read. I'm glad to see it 'confirmed' that 'we' are right about e-cigs. I would definitely like to see this study repeated by a University, though. Repeatability is a key to scientific study results. Man...if only I were still in school! lol. Seriously, though, if the study can be repeated, it would be interesting to see what happens when you test various tanks/coils/juices setups. Furthermore, testing exhalation vapor would be interesting as well for different products. I'm a science nerd...can ya tell? lol

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Because for some unknown reason, TPTB seem to think that quitting smoking requires a "medical" approach -- nothing else will do! But some court decided that e-cigs aren't "medical" devices. Which probably saved e-cigs in 2009, but... now what??? Now, because they aren't medical devices, they must of necessity be "tobacco products"??? How do such stupid people get and keep their jobs???

Andria

Pretty damn stupid if you ask me..Just look at our current politicians .. No wait..It's Valentines Day and I wouldn't want you throwing chocolate up on yaself.:lol:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
The paper is a very interesting read. I'm glad to see it 'confirmed' that 'we' are right about e-cigs. I would definitely like to see this study repeated by a University, though. Repeatability is a key to scientific study results. Man...if only I were still in school! lol. Seriously, though, if the study can be repeated, it would be interesting to see what happens when you test various tanks/coils/juices setups. Furthermore, testing exhalation vapor would be interesting as well for different products. I'm a science nerd...can ya tell? lol

Yeah but the problem with peer review papers are that they are written for the scientific community. Most of the language in them can only be understood by scientists. I know it goes right over my head anyway... Really there needs to be a review of the peer review for us laymen. :)

http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/10/10/5146 :facepalm:

Last edited:

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
within my own thoughts....
Although i've not been vaping long, i've read enough and done enough of my own research to know a good research article when i see one....this would be one of them! :) Thanks for sharing that with us.....it's going on my bookmarks and also in my blog, just like the following article i read not so long ago. Here it is for those that have yet to read it:

Propylene glycol in e cigarettes might keep us healthy, says researchers

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Although i've not been vaping long, i've read enough and done enough of my own research to know a good research article when i see one....this would be one of them! :) Thanks for sharing that with us.....it's going on my bookmarks and also in my blog, just like the following article i read not so long ago. Here it is for those that have yet to read it:

Propylene glycol in e cigarettes might keep us healthy, says researchers

I actually remember reading your blog..Very well written. I have a couple on my profile as well. You can get a laugh or two from mine if you wish. I know I'm no serious blogger...but enjoy reading good serious blogs. Liked yours a lot. :)

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
I'm thrilled with the findings of this study, but a couple of things to keep in mind:
1. Lawmakers are not concerned with the science unless it supports their position(s)
2. The current threat is actually from local and state lawmakers, although the FDA is watching closely to see which way the wind is blowing so that they are assured of support for whatever decision they make

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I'm thrilled with the findings of this study, but a couple of things to keep in mind:
1. Lawmakers are not concerned with the science unless it supports their position(s)
2. The current threat is actually from local and state lawmakers, although the FDA is watching closely to see which way the wind is blowing so that they are assured of support for whatever decision they make

Yes and that is another thing that could have been avoided..maybe still can. For instance Ahlusion vapers have to pay their state taxes when they go online or to the Swartz Creek location..Michigan taxes..If I buy Heathers Hevenly Vapes I pay $7 extra because they are here in Jawja. GA..lol
Someone with a liking for The Plume Room has to pay FL taxes if they live in FL and so on and so forth. Lets hope the internet sales stay around shall we. :)

Last edited:

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
within my own thoughts....
I actually remember reading your blog..Very well written. I have a couple on my profile as well. You can get a laugh or two from mine if you wish. I know I'm no serious blogger...but enjoy reading good serious blogs. Liked yours a lot. :)

Thank you, Sirius and i don't consider myself a serious blogger either....i just want to educate folks about vaping because it's literally saving my life. Plus, i'm already disliking the ignorance that comes from those that won't take the time to educate themselves on vaping, but sure take the time to share their ignorant opinions! :p Btw, i love your avatar!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you, Sirius and i don't consider myself a serious blogger either....i just want to educate folks about vaping because it's literally saving my life. Plus, i'm already disliking the ignorance that comes from those that won't take the time to educate themselves on vaping, but sure take the time to share their ignorant opinions! :p Btw, i love your avatar!

Daw sankee..I love yours as well..Looks homey. ;)

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Does "the company that makes BLU" really count as "Big Tobacco," though? Do they even produce any "real" tobacco products, or are they only a "tobacco company" in the same sense that we are all still tobacco "users" because that's the only viable source for the nicotine we use in our liquids?

BT bought them. I don't remember which company.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Does "the company that makes BLU" really count as "Big Tobacco," though? Do they even produce any "real" tobacco products, or are they only a "tobacco company" in the same sense that we are all still tobacco "users" because that's the only viable source for the nicotine we use in our liquids?

Lorillard

http://www.blucigs.com/about/

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Big tobacco are not stupid they know the future in the developed world is in devices like ecigarettes and many of the larger company's already have departments working on future products and they are not all cigalikes ;). They will continue to sell stinkies in the developing world creating another market base there to continue the revenue stream they are used too but have no doubt BT is on our side in this but unlike us they realise politics and government departments don't change quickly and never without a little help. Vapings biggest enemy is big pharma they stand to lose billions if ecigs are favoured as a smoking cessation or even harm reduction product over their massively overpriced NRT products and they will be lobbying long and hard to keep ecigs down. In the UK thankfully despite what some think big pharma is not having too great an impact thanks to decades of anti smoking and most UK politicians want a lot more information and study before making a final decision. It's a shame that politicians in the US are not as fond of freedom as they are of talking about it and allowed the people to make the informed choice.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Big tobacco are not stupid they know the future in the developed world is in devices like ecigarettes and many of the larger company's already have departments working on future products and they are not all cigalikes ;). They will continue to sell stinkies in the developing world creating another market base there to continue the revenue stream they are used too but have no doubt BT is on our side in this but unlike us they realise politics and government departments don't change quickly and never without a little help. Vapings biggest enemy is big pharma they stand to lose billions if ecigs are favoured as a smoking cessation or even harm reduction product over their massively overpriced NRT products and they will be lobbying long and hard to keep ecigs down. In the UK thankfully despite what some think big pharma is not having too great an impact thanks to decades of anti smoking and most UK politicians want a lot more information and study before making a final decision. It's a shame that politicians in the US are not as fond of freedom as they are of talking about it and allowed the people to make the informed choice.

Well said my UK cousin..It's the politicians that are the BIG enemy here in the US on just about everything though. They already are scrambling and posturing on how to raise taxes on gasoline here because the price of crude went back down to an affordable consumer level. Gas went down with the cost of crude.. They are loosing untold billions in tax revenues with people switching to ecigs not only for health reasons..but because they shot themselves right in the foot raising cigarette taxes to such high level it drove the cost up to much to afford to smoke., Now they think to do the very thing with ecigs. This would mean war in another time and place. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread