MadVapes 510 Mega Cartomizer Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

JebGipson

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Clark County, Washington, USA
At the time of purchase this kit was on sale for only $33.99 and I have to say this kit is one of the best e-cigarette deals I have gotten since I started vaping.

BATTERY:
First off the battery's are barely any bigger than my old 901 battery's so it doesn't throw off the feel too much. (Although this 510 mega battery is a bit heavier) The battery's have been holding a charge for personally an easy 8-12 hours of casual (not constant) use. I charge a battery and it last me all day plus it takes less than two hours to charge loving this thing. That and it has a seemingly sturdy button unlike some of the manuals I have seen where the rubber starts to flake and or have button issues such as sticking. Now it may not have a stylish blue or any other color your typical red but thats a minor if not insignificant detail of cosmetics.

CARTOMIZER'S:
The fact this is a cartomizer kit was a perfect way to introduce me to cartomizer's VS atomizers and carts. I gotta say I am hooked I fill the cartomizer and it last me typically ALL DAY vs dripping before each use. Plus these cartomizers are super easy to refill. Also replacement cartomizers are some insane price like $2 dollars each. Now I am not sure if it is the difference of resistance in my atomizer VS this cartomizer but I am noticing a much hardier plume and less required draw length. Now cartomizer longevity I can't guess I've been putting this kit through it's paces for a only a few days.

JUICE:
I love this kit so much that I am practically in love with it if there was any thing I could change it would be this... a different juice.

But as the supplier MadVapes says and I quote: "e-liquid flavor is consistently inconsistent.. The same source of e-liquid may taste different from batch to batch and vendor to vendor. Variations in flavorings, storage, shipping conditions, age and adulteration may affect the taste or vapor production of e-liquid." And I agree with this point.

That is in fact why I in the past have had issue's with doing juice reviews, but with that factor in mind I think the bottle of juice that it came with got accidently mixed with some 555 in manufacture who knows what happened but it had an strong nutty flavor with a strange aftertaste. Although a great throat hit at 24mg! So here is one piece of serious advice if you are a beginner consider getting an extra couple of bottles of juices in various tobaccy flavors just in case this perticular included flavor doesn't float your boat.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Holy wow what a good deal, even when the sale is off and it goes back to $37.99 still a steal!! I've looked around and this is the most competively priced 510 basic no bells and whistles (like fancy schmancy gift box) kit if could find. This kit is great for beginners and veterans alike I could not recommend it more, well done MadVapes.

Last edited:

avj7209

Sep 4, 2010
Sunshine State
I did some research and found their basic starter kits to be the cheapest around. I am trying to get my daughter and her bf to vape and have referred them to that site. I ordered some atomizers and juice from Madvapes the other day and am anxiously awaiting their arrival.

I would agree entirely. After reading tons of posts from the forum and looking at many places on the net, Madvapes seems to be the most cost effective combined with fantastic customer service. Honestly, the customer service alone goes a long way... sometimes even further than getting a savings. Isn't great we can have both!

StephLK

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Raleigh, NC
A few times I've considered ordering something from madvapes, just because they're not too far from me and I always like supporting businesses that are closer to home. But every single time I go to their site not only do they have 0 available of what I want, but they have 0 available of my second choices too...

I'm perfectly happy with the company I usually order from and am pleased that they almost always have what I'm looking for (and if not have my second choice). It seems like MadVapes might do better business if they offered fewer options, but stocked plenty of each product rather than offering so much, but having such limited supplies. That's just an outsiders opinion though - I guess they could just have an eclectic clientele that they have a hard time keeping up with, which is perfectly understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread