Not open for further replies.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I've placed two orders from madvapes.
I was very happy with everything from the first order, and my second order that arrived yesterday, except for a few details. Firstly shipping cost $70, which I didn't realize at first, then later I expected one giantic box. Boy was I amazed and surprised to find a small flat rate shipping box, that if I'm not mistaken costs WAY less! $13.00??? I order a LOT online and the only time I've ever paid amounts like that is when Victoria's Secret sends my whole seasons worth of exercise gear, in a giant box that could fit 10 puppies inside.
Secondly my Tube mod isn't working. Nothing. Dead. I was so very very disappointed and have opened a ticket. Luckily my little RoughStack cheered me up as it was working fine. I realize that these things happen with the best of vendors. But reading posts like this, makes me hope MY ticket won't take ages to sort out.
I'm quite displeased about the hugely inflated shipping fee and not sure how to enquire about it.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I've ordered a lot of stuff from them. I've only had a problem one time, when they shipped a cartomizer instead of the atomizer I'd ordered. I filed a problem ticket with them, and a couple of days later I got an email saying they had shipped me the atomizer.

My experience with them has been very positive.

You sound like a competitor. "They SUCK! They can't do *anything* right! Don't spend money over there!"

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I've placed two orders from MadVapes.
I was very happy with everything from the first order, and my second order that arrived yesterday, except for a few details. Firstly shipping cost $70, which I didn't realize at first, then later I expected one giantic box. Boy was I amazed and surprised to find a small flat rate shipping box, that if I'm not mistaken costs WAY less! $13.00??? I order a LOT online and the only time I've ever paid amounts like that is when Victoria's Secret sends my whole seasons worth of exercise gear, in a giant box that could fit 10 puppies inside.
Secondly my Tube mod isn't working. Nothing. Dead. I was so very very disappointed and have opened a ticket. Luckily my little RoughStack cheered me up as it was working fine. I realize that these things happen with the best of vendors. But reading posts like this, makes me hope MY ticket won't take ages to sort out.
I'm quite displeased about the hugely inflated shipping fee and not sure how to enquire about it.

My guess is that the 70.00 is what usps quoted them . It was probably them that made the mistake and not madvapes as they only enter a address and usps calculates the price . You are in tokyo . Flat rate shipping in the states is different from international . I have shipped to australia before and a tiny box was like 40.00 . Heres in the states madvapes charges like two bucks for shipping .

There are obviously some people who like Dekang juices. I've tried them, and I don't expect to ever order a Dekang juice again.

Yeah. Not my cup-o-juice, either, but I've vaped stuff that's waaaaay worse.

...Firstly shipping cost $70, which I didn't realize at first, then later I expected one giantic box. Boy was I amazed and surprised to find a small flat rate shipping box, that if I'm not mistaken costs WAY less!...

Did it not quote shipping at checkout? I mean, that I could have missed shipping charges at shopping cart checkout--and have lots of times--but, I am wondering if the foul-up isn't with USPS, as earlier mentioned? That would be something to explore, and may result in having some of that $70.00 refunded to you.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Did it not quote shipping at checkout? I mean, that I could have missed shipping charges at shopping cart checkout--and have lots of times--but, I am wondering if the foul-up isn't with USPS, as earlier mentioned? That would be something to explore, and may result in having some of that $70.00 refunded to you.
It may have, but my order was large (as in lots of little items) and it was very late and I was rushing, and I had spent hours checking the correct battery sizes etc. backwards and forwards, so by the time I finally checked out I didn't notice. Yes, horribly careless of me!
Anyone know how I can enquire about this?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
My guess is that the 70.00 is what usps quoted them . It was probably them that made the mistake and not madvapes as they only enter a address and usps calculates the price . You are in tokyo . Flat rate shipping in the states is different from international . I have shipped to australia before and a tiny box was like 40.00 . Heres in the states madvapes charges like two bucks for shipping .
I order a LOT online, or perhaps I should say; practically everything I consume I order online. I buy everything from clothes and shoes, to international foodstuffs, to hair, health and cosmetic products to art supplies, to electronics, and of course loads of vaping stuff.
I am an expat and have lived here for 12 years now. I receive on average 5 parcels a month. Mostly from the UK and USA, but many other countries besides. I have tracked (mail stalked hehe) hundreds of parcels and many posted with USPS, That parcel wasn't even trackable (the no. didn't work). I would imagine that it cost about $13 or something like that, but at the absolute maximum about $28. IMHO

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
They have many great items at a good price but they also sell a lot of crap that is never going to make the buyer happy. is that the best way too run a business?, you be the judge.
Well they finally answered my second ticket and told me that they would be happy to 'repair' my Tube mod and that the S&H was my choice and that is how much it costs. I don't have the energy to fight it. I am disappointed though as I now see they have a few things I've had my eye on AND they now have a PINK RoughStack that I would have LOVED. Unfortunately the S&H is a huge rip off so I can't take a chance.

I've posted back the Tube Mod, laser pointer, 2 flashlights and a shorty 510 connector, none of them working. The other stuff was from a previous order that I made a few days before that one. I wasn't going to bother with all the non working stuff, but decided to put it in with the Tube mod. $15 EMS (trackable express mail) and Japan has apparently got the most expensive OUTGOING mail.
Hope it all works out.....

nerojrnde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Elk Grove, CA
Well they finally answered my second ticket and told me that they would be happy to 'repair' my Tube mod and that the S&H was my choice and that is how much it costs. I don't have the energy to fight it. I am disappointed though as I now see they have a few things I've had my eye on AND they now have a PINK RoughStack that I would have LOVED. Unfortunately the S&H is a huge rip off so I can't take a chance.

I've posted back the Tube Mod, laser pointer, 2 flashlights and a shorty 510 connector, none of them working. The other stuff was from a previous order that I made a few days before that one. I wasn't going to bother with all the non working stuff, but decided to put it in with the Tube mod. $15 EMS (trackable express mail) and Japan has apparently got the most expensive OUTGOING mail.
Hope it all works out.....

wow dragonbone that is some pretty bad luck! I have never had an issue, but I know it is possible. Keep us posted if you wouldn't mind, I'm curious how they will take to all this malfunctioning equipment. Hope they set it right..

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
wow dragonbone that is some pretty bad luck! I have never had an issue, but I know it is possible. Keep us posted if you wouldn't mind, I'm curious how they will take to all this malfunctioning equipment. Hope they set it right..
Thanks. Apart from the Tube Mod all the the non working things were from an earlier large order of many small cheap items, and like I said, I wasn't going to bother. But since I had to pay to ship back the Tube mod anyway, and my S&H from Madvapes (for the Tube mod ie. second order) was $70 minus a few cents, (which I'm very unhappy about) I decided to throw in all the non working things too. Those items are not on the ticket, and there is no way to actually answer or comment on a ticket's reply that I can see. So who knows what will happen.
I did send copies of both the invoices in the shipping box, with the broken stuff underlined in marker, so I'm pretty sure they can work it out.

Last edited:

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
How much did you pay for your passthrough $20? What did you save of cigarettes/chew for the 35 days $150. Sounds like a good deal to me!

To have an issue with one item after over a month of ownership. And not liking the flavor of a juice and starting a thread
"madvapes the worst vendor ever" is a pretty strong statement! As you can see that obviously the majority of us ECF members would disagree with you. Nice thing is if you don't like them then don't buy from them. Which will be fine by me that means I will get my order from them a little faster because they won't have to pack you order first ;)

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
How are all those things non working in the same order . Iv ordered literally tons of different stuff from madvapes and spent over 500.00 over 8 orders and have not received even a bad connector much less anything else . I havent even received a bad carto in all the ones i bought . Shipping usually gets to me the next day or day after as well .

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
There were two orders. The First order for $170 + had about 45 items and cost $29 shipping.

Out of those 45 or 46 items 4 weren't working. 2 flashlights, 1 laser pointer and the 510 shorty. I ordered 4 of the same flashlights, so 2 (out of 4) WERE working. The Laser pointer has a extremly dim light for about 5 seconds then never worked again (tried everything). The 510 shorty never worked on any mod or eGo or with any of my many many atomizers, cartomizers, tanks and battery combinations. I tried absolutely everything I could think of as I couldn't work out how it couldn't work!
The non working Tube mod was in the second order of $250 + for 18 items at $70 shipping.

I placed the 2 orders just a few days apart.

Like I said, I was originally just going to scrap the items from the first order. They were cheap after all. I only retuned them because of the Gold Rush Tube Mod.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Not sure why I couldn't edit my previous post.

Update:
My parcel with repaired items arrived today with Fedex. I was racking my brains whils signing for the parcel trying to remember what I had ordered.. I was very surprised to see it was from Madvapes. All items returned and in working order. I was even given a free battery for the laser pointer :).
Only downside is that unfortunately for me, my cat saw the surprisingly bright laser and went crazy with excitement, so I won't be able to use it for modding. Oh, well I can get another one with my next order.
Thanks Madvapes!!!!
Oh, and I LOVE my Gold Rush Mod!

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
By my logic, you at least received 4 things that worked albeit 1 broke 1 stinks 1 you don't like (but it did vape, right? :p) Saying that MadVapes is the worst supplier ever seems unfair to me. For the record, in the product description, in 12pt font, preceded by a BOLD "Please note:" they clearly indicate cartos have no warranty and they do not accept exchanges or returns. Period. I can't even joke about not reading the fine print; It's quite hard to miss.

Anyway...

Unfortunately, the USB passthroughs (at least the 3.6/3.7v ones I've seen) do have issues where the wire exits the unit. They don't seem to be built to last unfortunately. Whenever you see a product with a short warranty just double-check for reviews of whatever it is you are looking at.

I'd definitely double-check your spam folder as suggested, and certainly do use their ticket system. I will say I've seen a number of people that don't like the Tasty Vapor juice right away, BUT found that once it has steeped a week or two, it is much better. Not all their flavors have I liked, but I'd just say to stay open minded on the Berry and give it another shot in a week or two.

I have read countless positive customer experiences with MV on ECF. I've ordered 6x with them since Mar 2011 and have had one minor issue which was more than satisfactorily taken care of. Shipping of every order was also always within a business day. You'll even find Hoog on here keeping people happy. To me, they can't be beat for e-Cig parts, accessories, and many mod supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread