Madvapes Weekly Contest - August 1 through August 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hello everyone. Unfortunately, I have some bad news:

Because of the August 8th deadline, and particularly the section prohibiting free samples, this week's contest will be the last one until further notice. Any previous winners that are still waiting on batteries, chargers, etc. will still receive them when they come back in stock. madvapes will continue to keep up to date on the deeming regulations, and we'll start contests back up again if anything changes in the future.

In the meantime, please continue to check this forum. We still intend to keep an active ECF presence with blogs, videos, exclusive sales, etc. We appreciate the amazing support from all of you over the years, and we intend to stick around for many more to come!

Also, please regularly check www.casaa.org for any and all calls to action, and fight for your right to vape! We'll also post here with anything you can do to help. Please encourage everyone you know to get involved, and with any luck we can continue to keep vaping accessible as a viable alternative.

With that out of the way, let's look at the final prize:

Any setup currently in stock. Includes mod, atomizer, accessories, batteries, etc. The final winner will win all the components needed for a complete kit!

I'm sure many of you have thoughts about this being the last contest. So in order to be eligible to win, post your thoughts down below.

One winner will be chosen at random on Friday. You can post as many times as you'd like, but each person can only be entered into the raffle once.

From everyone at Madvapes, thanks to all of you who have participated in these contests. We appreciate you taking the time to look at our forum every week, and your enthusiasm always brightens our days!

Thanks again, and GOOD LUCK!!

Axelbeam

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Greeley,co
My thoughts are, "This completely sucks." Although I've never won a MadVapes contest, I enjoyed participating and seeing the responses from others.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I enjoy the seeing everyone's posts and interacting with people regardless if I win or not. It just seems like no matter how hard we fight things will stay on course to an overall vape blackout.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
thanks for the chance, as always, and thanks for all that you do for the community

my thoughts are that it is a travesty that a 'government' entity mandated with protecting the public has enacted illegitimate legislation that will preclude not only contests but prevent small business from being able to operate (and provide jobs and livelihoods for the very same citizenry they are supposed to 'protect') and isolate smokers from finding a healthier alternative to smoking... i have been fortunate enough to win in a number of contests through a number of venues and have been PIF'ing gear like a madman - one of the things that continues to amaze me is the community of vapers - and MadVapes does an excpetional job representing that community culture - and the willingness to help/ support/ assist one another

I think it sucks wet farts out of dead pigeons that these deeming regs are creating, in essence, a vaper hostile environment and trapping smokers in the accounting ledgers of Big Tobacco... bad joss, FDA... bad joss.

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
I have truly enjoyed and appreciated this contest thread. My favorite on the forum! Generosity, fun, help, advocacy and amazing prizes.

So sad to see it end, but glad I had this as part of my week for the last two years. Thank you MadVapes and Mike, for everything. I'll continue to check your forum going forward.

Reactions: Opinionated

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
I thinks that the whole idea of the government melding in our business is an all around crapshoot, don't get me started on taxes foodstamps, well fair, and college loans or even the price of fuel.

I understand that there has to be give and take bit it seems to me that there's a lot more taking than giving going on

philbh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 24, 2014
    Westlake, Ohio
    I am truly saddened by all that is happening and not just about the ban on free samples. What bothers me the most is all the smaller companies that will be forced out of business whether it's now or 3 years from now. The people in Pennsylvania are getting hit right now but I'm sure other states will follow suit. The potential number of lives that can be saved by vaping instead of smoking should be enough to make this all go away. Sickening is the word that sums it up...

redrebel821

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2015
    Houston area
    I'm very sad...although I've never won, I've had fun watching other people win and share pics of their loot. Every time a new contest is announced, I go to MadVapes and look up the prize and cross my fingers...lol! We've all shared a laugh here and there, and learned things along the way.

@Crowedude654, thank YOU. Not just for the contests, but for everything you do for the vaping community. I'm going to miss this!

traderljp

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    I'm sure many of you have thoughts about this being the last contest. So in order to be eligible to win, post your thoughts down below.

My thoughts match every post so far...from disgusted with this unfair, hypocritical and dirty situation/policy all the way to happy that I was able to be a part of the great Mad Vapes thread.

Thanks for this last contest and all the others too. You did a great job of running this weekly contest and I always looked forward to it. It always made my week a little better because I looked forward to checking out the Mad Vapes contest each Monday morning at work.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    I really want to thank you and Madvapes for all they have done and are doing for the vaping community. Seeing your participation, leadership and commitment throughout the years won me over as a loyal customer and I hope it will be for many more years to come.
    The contest have been generous and a lot of fun :) Even though I only actively participate in ones where the prize is something I know I will use I always look forward to seeing the theme of the week and all of the responses of the participants! It is more than sad to see them come to an end and it is my hope that maybe those who are uninvolved or unaware of all of the legislation against us, from local communities right up the line up to the federal level, will sit up and take notice once they begin to see everything they are losing and join the fight against it all.

Last edited:

Monkchip

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 26, 2013
    Bokeelia, FL
    I've really enjoyed all the contest threads, and my feeling is that it really sucks that all the rules and regulations being forced on us are stopping vendors from doing what they want as far as contests, etc. Thanks for all the contests, and hopefully things will change in the future to stop some of these rules/regulations.

AG51

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    This is very sad :(
    What if we skirt around this with a 'possible maybe' solution ? What if you run a contest still but with one thing different, Charge a dollar or two for the prize ? That way you're not giving away a "Free Sample", you're actually "Selling" us something at a huge discount :w00t: Once the dollar has been paid to Madvapes, you send the "Hughely Discounted Item" to the selected "Winner" :blink: Would that work to keep everyone happy ? :smokie:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    While my most immediate reaction to the end of contests is disgust and dismay (like many others), my overall feeling is that of appreciation and gratitude. The vaping community truly is a community. As smokers, we found camaraderie in suffering through slowly being collectively branded as outcasts, but it was with grim humor and a nagging feeling of guilt that we socialized in the hidden corners and dirty out-of-the-way spaces. But with vaping, we have come together, not just out of a shared habit/hobby, but also through generosity, kindness, and support. I know, personally, that I likely would have given up on vaping had it not been for the words of support and knowledge that I received here.

I have been fortunate to win several contests here on ECF--including one MadVapes contest about a year ago. I know of no other industry that gives away as much as the vaping community, be it devices or juice--and it is a shame to see such generosity be stifled by government mandate. I hope that sanity can ultimately triumph over the knee-jerk rejection of something that has given so many people the opportunity to transition away from such a detrimental habit.

Thank you, MadVapes, for being in our corner. While many companies sort of shrug and continue on with business as usual, you continue to be an industry-standard in service and have actively encouraged (even through several contests over the years) that vaper such as myself become active in advocating for our right to vape.

iota

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 17, 2014
    In transit
    I love the Mad Vapes contests and can't tell you how much I will miss them. So sad to hear this, I'm literally tearing up. I knew the regs were prohibiting samples, but I hadn't thought it through as far as stopping this contest. I am so fed up with this situation, but I will keep on helping the fight.

One last time, I'll thank ya' for the chance at the wonderful prize package and wish everyone good luck.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2015
    Georgia
    I was wondering if the new regs would eliminate these contests.

Quick question, if your contest required a minimal payment of $5 or so, then it would no longer be a free sample, and should be OK. Right? I mean, I know that a $5 prize is not as fun as a free one, but if I was able to win a free kit for $5, I would still be very excited.

Maybe you could still offer your weekly contest under the condition that the weekly winner had to pay $5 for the prize?

Either way, we all appreciate your previous generosity in past contests and wish you and your business the best. Thanks!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread