MadVapes Weekly Contest - January 26 through January 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Happy Monday everyone! Sorry about the late posting this week, but here it is, finally! This week we're giving away:

1 x EHPro New Yorker (Any color, 18650 or 26650)
2 x EHPro LB rda or Tobh 26650 (Winner's choice)
2 x batteries (Appropriate to mod choice)
1 x Charger
1 x Drip Tip (Winner's Choice)
60mL of any e-liquid we carry

To be eligible to win this week, answer this question: Do you prefer mechanical mods or variable mods, and why? Add some context as to what you normally vape; clearomizers, sub-ohm, RDAs, etc. For me personally, I'm right at home with a 26650 mechanical with an RDA. Dual-coil, 24 gauge, at around 0.2Ω.

Thanks all, and GOOD LUCK!!

Kloverz158

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2015
ATL
I started with variable mod. To me im more comfortable knowing I can adjust the watts to my liking on top of that I feel safer with a variable mod and of course you can grow so much with a variable mod it just have so much room to do almost anything possible. And im currently running Sigelei 150w with 2 18650 vtc4 with a Atlantis Aspire for the go but when im at home ill rock my Marquis Rda and boy do I love the Rda performance on this Sig-150.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I'm all for a regulated mod, my first real success was with an original Joyetech 650 single voltage eGo, it maintained the same quality of vape throughout the battery's charge.

I enjoy the much more modern VV and VW mods, no variation in output, adjustable to my own preference without drop-off in performance as the battery charge changes..

I use them with everything from 306 & 510 pre-coiled attys, CE-2, modified Vivi-Nova tanks, Evod tanks, various Genises tanks, various RDAs, and my latest favorite the Orchid V4 w/ Kayfun M4 tank to make bottom filling a snap.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've went both ways with these.I started out with vv/vw,then went to mechs for several months because i started doing a few sub ohm coils,nothing crazy,lowest i've done was .5ohm,but my vamo wouldn't fire ohms that low,so i switched to the mechs.Now i am still running my coils anywhere from .5-.9 ohms,but got a better vw box mod that will fire the lower ohm coils,so i'm happy with this setup for now,but i do still use a mech daily,so i can run more than one flavor of juice at a time,so i would say i favor the vw because of ease of adjustability,but still have a soft spot for my mechs too.

sungbd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
No experience at all with Mechanical mod yet...

So, I would say VV Mod works fine with me so far... but really can't compare with Mechanical mod. hahaha~

I normally carry two Nautilus mini + two istick...
But at home, I do use atomizers (for flavor check) & clearomizers (k1, and ET-S) as well with ego VV batteries.

Thank you for the giveaway! =)

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I like variable mods and tanks. The main reason is I have arthritis in my hands and it is beyond impossible to do my own coils, difficult to install coils that somebody else makes for me and a bit of a pain to re-wick them. I vape a segalei 20 watt with nautilus on it, a VTR with an I 30 S and a Steel Punk Slug with an Atlantis at .5 on it.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Happy Monday everyone! Sorry about the late posting this week, but here it is, finally! This week we're giving away:

1 x EHPro New Yorker (Any color, 18650 or 26650)
2 x EHPro LB RDA or Tobh 26650 (Winner's choice)
2 x Batteries (Appropriate to mod choice)
1 x Charger
1 x Drip Tip (Winner's Choice)
60mL of any e-liquid we carry

To be eligible to win this week, answer this question: Do you prefer mechanical mods or variable mods, and why? Add some context as to what you normally vape; clearomizers, sub-ohm, RDAs, etc. For me personally, I'm right at home with a 26650 mechanical with an RDA. Dual-coil, 24 gauge, at around 0.2Ω.

Thanks all, and GOOD LUCK!!

Until I got my E-Mech, I preferred mech mods, but now that I've found a regulated device that is so much better than my MVP 2.0 and Vamo 5, I've decided I really like the newer, higher powered regulated devices. I know the E-Mech isn't as powerful as a lot of other devices, but it's such a step up from the MVP 2 and Vamo 5, that it's like night and day, and I plan on getting a couple of other newer regulated devices, like a Sigelei and maybe a Zero.

I still use my mechs, and really love my 26650s, but it's nice to have devices where you can change your wattage to suit your juice so easily.

I like my Magma the best of my RDAs, but like using my RTAs, like the KFL+ I bought from you the best. I haven't bought any Kangers, etc. since I very first started vaping. (Well, except for the Subtank, because that can be used either way, and I read that it was awesome)! I've never bought any clearomizers, except for the cheap disposables that came with my first ego knockoff kit. I moved from those to Protanks, then to RDAs and RTAs within a month or two.

As for builds, I normally do dual coils between .5 and 1.1 ohms, depending on what I am vaping with. I've done a few with twisted wire, and I really like it. The gauge of the wire also depends on which topper I am using.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I prefer VV/VW devices because it makes things easier for my coils. I've been playing with different rebuild styles for my Kanger tanks and, depending on the size of the head and the way I choose to make the coil on any given day, my coils come out between 1.4 and 2 ohms. VW takes away any differences my coils might make to give me a consistent vape. I also have a SquapeR clone that will take a coil lower than the above range should I choose to build one, but my Vamo v5 and iStick 20w are the two most powerful devices I currently own--although I have two new devices on the way to replace my dead and dying MVPs.

I like my mechanical because they are dependable and easy to change batteries when low unlike a vw have to wait for it to charge. I use kayfun at 1 ohm is perfect and zenith v2 dripper. For vw I use Hana 30w with a lemo drop at 26w is good but charging it all the time is a pain.

Last edited:

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Mechs or regulated. Tough choice. They both have their pros and cons. I'm currently fully mechanical, for the simple reason that mechs are durable and reliable and fit my very limited budget; as well as my personal tastes in looks.
My current setups are limited to these three:
1. Kayfun Lite Plus clone on a 18350 tube mod (the Atomo). Built to .98 ohms using 28g Kanthal and wicked with Rayon. This is my go-to ADV and the one I take with me whenever I leave the house (though I usually switch it to the #3 mod when I go out, because it's super short with an 18650).
2. Jam clone RDA on a Sentinel M16 clone, built to .56, dual microcoils and Rayon wick. Not the best topper for flavor or ease of adjustment, but it was dirt cheap.
3. Infinite CLT (V1) on an Astro clone, built to .34 using 28g dual parallel, and more Rayon. Perfect build for this great topper and excellent mod, and a very satisfying vape.

Thanks for another great contest, Madvapes!

iTiger

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
I can't decide I love both mechs and regulated. Mostly I use regulated for tanks but high powered regulated is nice for some of the crazy coils that a mech has trouble heating up.
I do tend to revert back to mechs a lot tho too for simplicity and less to go wrong. I'd have to say overall mechs are home and at vapor lounges regulated for on the go.
To date I've only had 18650 mechs and want a 26650 but can't afford to buy a setup. I have used a couple 26650s and do like them so maybe I'll get lucky and win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread