The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - January 26 through January 30

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    I prefer VW. Use clearomizers, RBAs and RDAs single and dual coil. Ohm range of .3 to 2.5 so far between the various setups. Have a couple 18350 mechs but don't use them much anymore. I like the ability of VW to change settings on the fly, the displays, knowing what how much battery power is left. The even output throughout a charge is great.

2. Showbird

Showbird Senior Member ECF Veteran

I prefer variable mods most of the time. They are easier to use.

3. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    Do you prefer mechanical mods or variable mods, and why?

About 90% of the time I use VV/VW devices. I have tried and found the wattage that seems to provide me with the most flavor for my juice selections. I use vaping as an alternative to smoking so the equipment has to be reliable and to preform when I need it. I like the fact that I can monitor my battery level with a quick glance at the display screen. I have a ZMAXV2 or a Kmax+ that I carry to work daily. I have a VTR that I normally use when away from work. I use ProTank IIs with airflow controlers as my go to tanks. I wrap my own coils and use cotton wicking. I try to get a 2.1-2.3 ohm build on them. I have been trying out a kayfun clone when I'm at home. I did invest a good charger for my batteries. I have 18350s,18500s,and 18650s on hand. I can adjust the size of the Kmax+ quickly if I want a smaller equipment footprint. I do have a very inexpensive telescoping mechanical that I use sometimes when I'm relaxing and watching TV. I still use the kayfun with it.. I also have and use a inexpensive RDA for testing juice flavors. I still build the coils for it in that 2.1 -2.3 ohm range. I like to tell folks that if we have a EMP attack that my mechanical will be my go to device. Oh, I even have a EGO that is part of my fishing gear. Won't feel to bad if it takes a dunk in the water.

Thanks once again MadVapes for an interesting contest and great prize package.

4. nanusic

nanusic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    Myrtle Beach
    I have both and use both. I don't build sub ohm coils, so the builds are around 1 to 1.8 mostly. The prize would be so much fun!
    Thank you for these great contests

5. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I still prefer easy, so I use a VV/VW mod with a tank. I also have RDAs, but they seem to be more work than worth.

Something easy to fill and easy to use is what I am always looking for. Taste is important, but what I use is good enough until better tech comes around.

6. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    I have ventured into mechs, but I feel more comfortable with variable. I don't sub ohm very often and I like the feedback of all the information I get from the variable mods as well. My everyday (lately) as been my new IPV 2x with kayfun or squape...all from MadVapes!

Thanks for this contest and good luck to everyone!

7. Topdogie01

Topdogie01 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i prefer regulated mods. i guess you can say im spoiled. when i first got back into vaping, i bought an evic. it worked well except when i wanted to rebuild or wanted more power than the 11 watts it can produce. then i got a evic supreme with a 30 watt limit. then i got a sigelei for my birthday and im spoiled. i can use a mech if i built to how i like the flavor, but its more difficult to build exactly for that flavor and then stick with the flavor all day than it is to put my .4 ohm coil on the sigelei and adjust the power as needed.

if they made a regulated mod that had the same king of power while still looking as nice as some of the mechs i want, id be all over it.

8. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    I like them both...I like my mech mod because I love how I just use my little finger to fire it and my large tank fits perfect on it...I like my istick with an aspire nautilus also because it's little..but I make my own coils on the aerotanks and protanks so that is a plus there too..I also have a magma I like so I guess it all works good for me!

9. Majestic

Majestic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Wisconsin
    In the morning when I'm sitting around on the computer I use my mechanical along with an old school 901 or 510 atty. This allows to to tweak the morning taste buds with a variety of flavors in the cart. As the day progresses and I'm not sitting around as much I switch my atty over to the iclear16 to enjoy a little freedom from the cart filling. As evening approaches I either stay with the iclear16 or switch to my Smoktech tank for a little couch potato time in front of the t.v. without the need to refill as often.

10. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would have to say I like variable mods...........Not sure why though....but I do...I have one my the pc and use it sometimes when I want a different flavor....by different I mean warmer....it changes the taste of the same flavor I have in my puck mod....with the same tank...

11. Sir2fyablyNutz

Sir2fyablyNutz ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    Currently, as a newbie, I have a VV. I am headed towards a VW Mod of some type when I get around to making that specific decision (1000 different directions). I can't see myself doing the rebuilding of the coils at this point, and hope simple satisfies.

12. MisterBonez

MisterBonez Full Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Mesa, AZ, USA
    I started with an 1100mah single voltage ego with a smok t-dux. Then I got a nemesis mech and patriot rda that I run dual coils on at .8 - 1 ohm. I'm currently building a dna20 nes controller mod and am thinking about getting an aerotank. I don't have a basis for comparison as I've not owned a VV mod and have yet to complete my VW build, but I don't really have a preference either way, they both serve their purpose.

13. wvducklady

wvducklady Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I prefer variable mods over mechanical mods, because I like being able to adjust my voltage or wattage to what I am feeling. I have only used 1 mechanical mod so maybe i would feel different with a different kind, i dunno. Last week I finally got a MVP so I have been using that along with my dna 30 mod when my MVP is charging. I use my FBC tank and ARO tank with ohms from 2.0 to 2.4.
    Good luck everyone :) and thank you Madvapes for the contest!

14. GreenLeaf

GreenLeaf Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2013
    Texas, USA
    I prefer vv/vw mods although I have not tried a mech I would like to, tight vaping budget here. I prefer vw as I'm constantly adjusting the setting and I like the idea of circuit protection and it's easier to carry around a few different flavors in tanks. The Vamo V5 and clearos 1.5-2.8 ohms and under 12 watts is my go-to setup.

15. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I do prefer the variable mods. Hey, my simple iStick has resistance checking, fairly steady output thru the charge, and can charge with just a little cable. Very easy to use, 'specially for a beginner.

I use the iStick 20w, getting a Beyang 30W any day now. The power Silo Lite, a few nautilusses (nautili?) and vivinova S glass tanks.

A pair of Halo Triton VV is over a year old, but still working great.

And my recent Cronus 26650. With the big tobh. Still learning how to use this beast. I did chuck some mondo clouds with my first build last night!!!

16. kritter

kritter Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2011
    western north carolina
    I likes tha VV/VW mods, can't see good enuff fer buildin coils. Tha golden years sucks!

whers mah jug

17. Spiceman1967

Spiceman1967 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2014
    Lompoc, CA, USA
    I was on mechanicals, but have been switching over to DNA 40's. I have built a couple and I really like the temperature control I get. I can dial it in right to the sweet spot with the temp control. As far as attys go, I really like the flavor from my Magma setting around the house. While on the go I love the convenience of my Kayfun V4. Remember kids, don't drip and drive :)

18. The Dog Guy

The Dog Guy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2015
    New York
    I have to say, being new to this and smoke free for a few weeks, I am very happy with my basic choices. I like vv/vw and like my MVP 2.0 and better my vv 4. Now that I used them both with a nautilus mini I am even happier! I have not tried a mech mod yet, nor have I tried dripping or sub ohming, but I'm sure both are just a matter of time. I agree 100% with the last poster that the great part of vv/vw is that I can adjust easily according to mood, need, time of day, etc.
    That my story and I'm sticking to it!

THANK YOU FOR THE CONTEST MAD VAPES!!

19. Heden Aklowd

Heden Aklowd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Ferntucky, NV
    I used to be a slightly sub ohm (0.8-0.9) RTA on a regulated mod vaper.
    Now I'm a sub sub ohm RDA on a Mech vaper. Dual or quad coils.
    My latest builds have been with triple twisted 28g
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. JB69

JB69 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2014
    Warner Robins, GA USA
    I don't not have any experience with mechanical mods, but I'm certainly not opposed to using one. I'm currently using an iPV Mini with the Kangertech Subtank, and have found that I really enjoy the 0.5ohm head it comes with which facilitates the lung inhale much better. So, a nice mech-mod with a RBA on it would be pretty sweet.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.