Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
To be entered into the contest this week, tell us what you think about daylight savings time. Would you rather have more sunlight in the morning or at night? If the area where you live doesn't observe daylight savings time, just tell us so!

We observe DST here. I wish they would do away with it. I can adjust my schedule to suit my needs. I don't need a "policy" to do it for me.
Thanks Crowedude and mad vapes for the contest.

PS. Come on Lucky 13.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
daylight savings doesnt really affect me. im naturally a night person. my cue to head to bed is when the morning sunlight starts imuninating my desk and makes my dim monitors hard to see (i have my brightness turned down at night to try to help me get tired, never seems to work though.) id rather have more sunlight in the evening though so i have more time to play outside with my child.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
I just wish they'd just leave the time alone. I hate getting used to the time changes either way! The natural way is spring, summer, fall & winter. It doesn't need any help and with standard time the daylight gets lighter & darker as the seasons change naturally, so I don't need it lighter or darker at any time really, just leave it alone and it's all good but if they really wanted to something that would really make some since but wouldn't want that either, is to do DST in the winter, not the summer! OK my rant is done! Thanks for the contest Crowedude! :)

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I just wish they'd set it to one or the other and leave it alone.

daylight-savings-indian.jpg

Thanks for the contest. :)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Days are longer in the summer, shorter in the winter, nothing to do with where anyone sets their clocks. DST is useless in my opinion, and actually causes problems with people driving, making important decisions, etc, without the benefit of a normal night's sleep. Statistically traffic accidents increase when the clocks are changed.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
Thank you for the contest

Daylight saving time. I love it...it has the promise of spring and I love the evening light. I know a lot of people don't like it but it still does prove beneficial to a lot of people. My husband was an iron worker out there erecting bridges and buildings and daylight saving time helped him to be out of the sun an extra hour. But for me, I just enjoy a longer evening outside. The only hard part is getting up an hour earlier and once you get used to that it is time to change them back. I like the variety but if I had to pick one it would be daylight saving time all the time cause this sure screws with your sleeping habits and internal alarm clock.

Thanks again

I never really thought about it, never really cared much one way or the other because I am a night person by habit. I know it freaks people around me out... my husband, my boss... all OCD about the clock settings down to what hour the clocks should be set, and being I am a night person in work and homelife, guess whos job it is to make sure clocks are showing the right time. Yup, this girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread