Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Just a simple 26g dual .34Ω build. My lowest yet. Loving it! It rates right up there with my beloved Plume Veil.

Sorry to say but this is an Infinite Clone. Sorry in that the craftsmanship and materials make me not want to buy the authentic. I don't know how it could be better than this. I got mine for 32 bux at Magma RDA Clone by Infinite - Eciggity. Love it!

magmacoil1.jpg

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
Just a simple 26g dual .34Ω build. My lowest yet. Loving it! It rates right up there with my beloved Plume Veil.

Sorry to say but this is an Infinite Clone. Sorry in that the craftsmanship and materials make me not want to buy the authentic. I don't know how it could be better than this. I got mine for 32 bux at Magma RDA Clone by Infinite - Eciggity. Love it!

magmacoil1.jpg

Yes they are great, only thing wrong with mine was the 510 connector too long. How was the connector on yours? I have two both are same length not too much of a problem though got mine from FT @ 15 each.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Yes they are great, only thing wrong with mine was the 510 connector too long. How was the connector on yours? I have two both are same length not too much of a problem though got mine from FT @ 15 each.

I mounted mine on a PB Stingray with a floating 510 connection.

[edit] Actually, swapped it onto my V3 Flip. Performing well on both devices. Both assembled from the top down. Perfect! [/edit]

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Yeah, I noticed not too many people build them below .5. When I first got it I tried dual 28 gauge at around .7 and it wasn't really hot enough for me though the flavor was nice. I've really been itching to rebuild it at around .3 but I can't bring myself to take the current build out as it's working so well. I'm almost thinking of buying a second one!
I've had my magmas at 50watts. It can take it.. I'm about to drill mine out. (Both if a certain person doesn't get in touch with me today...) After using everything else I have all day, I check the airholes when I pick up the magma, to make sure they're not blocked. :)

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I just got the HCigar Magma yesterday and their is a slight gap sitting on the Vamo v5 and MVP v2.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I've very partial to tiger coils

IMG_20140524_081950_zpsxrxq2uf6.jpg

second favorite would be mundy magic wire

IMG_20140602_210417_zpsekudicr5.jpg
Tiger coils, twisted ribbon micro?
Mundy magic, ?

Sorry, when I was 8, and AOL messenger was becoming popular, I kept getting frustrated when I asked "Who is 'lol?'" They only responded with 'lol.':)
I like to build mine with around .6ohm-.4ohms single coil.

That's a good idea for when I open up my air outlets..no way to make it a larger hole, without basically starting a new one.

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
I totally agree. I think the AFC ring doesn't seal particularly well. Especially on single coil builds, I get WAY too much air. I come from dripping on old-school 510 atties, so I'm into a nice, tight draw.

I'm running a single 1.2 Ohm coil w/ 26 GA on a 5/64 bit and rayon wick..it's sublime. I've actually taken a small piece of o-ring that I cut out of the ring (don't remember what size of o-ring) and plugged the air hole that I don't use at the deck level. This thing vapes like a champ for me now on the smallest hole....very little leaking and a tight draw.

I agree as well, I think the AFC does not fit as tight as it should. On the tightest airhole you can feel and hear air escaping through the ring. I would have liked an O-ring design. Not a big deal to me, I don't find the draw too loose. But the problem I get is after using for a while juice will leak through the AFC ring. Juice collects on the dome top cap, drips down on the deck around the air holes, and then seeps through the threading and comes out the crevices of the ring.

But considering how fantastic this thing vapes, and how convenient everything is, its well worth it. Absolutely love it. And I'm only rocking around 1.6 ohm builds single coil. Sitting on my 4nine. Clouds don't do much for me, I'm all about flavor and throat hit :)

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I have changed my Magma up a little and I think it is an improvement.
I use the base section from the Magma, Kayfun lite nano kit metal tank sections and a Kayfun Lite top cap that I modified. The Kayfun Lite top cap was modified by drilling two small air holes, 180 degrees apart, from the bottom side of the top cap so they come out on the top side on flat part of the top cap next to the "nipple" that the drip tip goes into. Start small with these holes and increase size until you get the air flow you want. I ended up with 1/16 holes. I also drilled the bottom of the top cap where the small oring for the chimney was located with a 7/16 drill bit to create a "cone" shape. Do not drill this hole to deep as you can get the top cap too thin.
I use a Kayfun Lite oring on the threads of the base when I install the nano tank. I do not use the air flow control ring that came with the Magma. I leave out the a oring on either the top cap or one of the top sections of the nano kit so I can easily unscrew when I need to add juice.

This works better for me than the stock setup of the Magma and gives much more air flow and a cooler vape with low ohm builds.
I use this setup on my Magma with a dual coil build at .55 ohms. I tried my parts on a friend's Magma base with a .15 ohm build and he wants me to fix one for him.

This works with the authentic Magma and on the Tebeco Magma clone. I am not sure about other brands. The threads of the Kayfun Lite and the Magma are kind of strange. The female Kayfun Lite threads will screw on the male Magma threads ok, but the female Magma threads will not screw on the male Kayfun Lite threads.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I agree the Magma is a great atomizer. Its not the first under-air sourced but definitely adds to the flavor side of things.

I kind of wish it didn't have threaded top cap because it tends to jiggle the afc ring too easily. I like it tight too and most of the time its too airy for me.

For single coil I prefer my Prometey2 Ti and Ti Achilles with under coil air raised posts; one center air post and hole from the side of the base at the bottom. These are my top all time favorites for about a year now (the P2).

I am getting a modded Magma b/f from ChowderHead as soon as he gets them setup; its going to be awesome on the Reo Grand.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Dual or single coil? Dual, Vertically mounted
What gauge kanthal? 22 Kanthal
What size wrapping post? ~ 1/16"
Total resistance? 0.18 ohms
Wicking process/setup? Ramie fiber, one strand encompassing each coil, with a tail ending in each drip pool.
Any other information you feel is important. Umm, Frakin Magma Rocks Vape. Sucka's a beast.!!! Likes the 90's real fine, can go lower, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread