Introducing 'the Mako' PV coming soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
There is no Mako! It was just a dream....

Yes there is a Mako, I know, I have one. Have had it for over a month:D Tim had done a really nice job in making a multi battery versatile pv. I am stuck on using it on 6v but am trying to check out the 3.7 end also. I really like the design of the locking switch, it is very unique.

The unit can be made small enough to be an awesome stealth vape. Even with the longer body it fits comfortable in the hand and is not over-sized.

Thanks Tim, you did a great job!:thumbs:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hey guys!

LOL.... the ever elusive Mako is getting nearer to release I promise!! :)

The parts are at the engravers who should hopefully have the job done by next week. Half of the other parts are coming early next week which will just leave the assembly work...... oh and before you ask, Alex will be sweating over each and every Mako assembling them by hand.... :)

This means there is still a bit of work to be done, but the time is drawing ever nearer. I would imagine by a week on monday we should at least see some up for sale.

Hey Col Gaunt - so glad you like it! :D You have one of the very first pre production models - in fact probably number 5 if I had to hasten a guess! There will be some slight differences with the new batch to your original one, but very minor. We decided to go all brass on the endcaps in the end, and all tubes are anodised. Also comparing the atomiser end cap, the shape is more rounded on your model. Other than that, they are near identical. :) Oh and thanks for backing me up on the makos existence! lol :thumbs:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
haha sounds good. what are the final dimentions my friend? :)

Hi Scamz!

Just a little bit added to the original length due to altering the button /atomiser end cap slightly and also allowing extra room for protected batteries.... :)

Maksi: 98mm (with o ring)/95mm (without o ring)
Midi: 88mm (with o ring)/85mm (without o ring)
Minno: 60mm (with o ring)/ 57mm (without o ring)

The o rings are a new feature which create a nice seal and actually add to the look really well. :) They come standard with every unit - of course if you prefer not to use them you can take them off. ;)

mart.hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2008
York's/Lanc's
do you have any pics of the O rings?

Here is a selection for you if you are into that sort of thing

orings.jpg

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
ARRGGHH - Hope you don't mind me venting, but the engravers driver board packed up over the weekend which is why things have been delayed further! :(

We should have had the engraved parts back on monday so we could start getting all the Makos prepared and assembled.... oh well I guess these things happen, and at least some assembly can go on without the engraved part.

Really frustrating though, but I guess mechanical parts do fail and its all part of this process that we have committed to.

So with this set back in mind, optimistically we're looking at next week for the first few Makos being ready..... if we look realistically under the circumstances, it might be the week after next..... if we look at it from a pessimistic angle, it could be three weeks.

It's all down to things going on which I have no control over so I cannot say for definite, but lets hope the engraver sorts it out by the end of the week! :)

I am really truly sorry for all of you who are waiting anxiously for its release - the Mako is a labour of love and I really hope when they finally make it through to you guys that it lives up to any expectations....

Thanks,

Tim

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Arrrrr,,,,ee me auld maytee landlubber.

I just found out that talk like a pirate day is Sept 19th.
I feel silly now :oops:

Mart

For those scurvy dogs who doubt there is such a thing

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

HAAAHAAAARRRRR I be no landlubber mayttee I is the good thieving captain of the mighty ocean faring Belladonna and we see plenty of mako's round our parts.

I knew it be true but I likes talking pirate most days.... where's that there Zolfreyer when you need im? :D

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Ahh....The Mako.

Now thats a rare beasty in these parts and no mistake

Ay, but recently I be witness to a whole school of the beggars swimming their way across the atlantic to warmer waters.... but worry not,, we kidnapped some for ourselves to bring back home for our UK landlubbers.... :D

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
HALLELUJAH!!!! It gives me great pleasure (and relief) to announce that finally the Mako is for sale!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow, I never thought I'd see this day with all the issues we kept coming up against, but all finally done and I really hope there will be enough to go around.... ah come on you don't want to put me through this again do ya? :p

But seriously we now have the mechanisms running like a finely oiled machine (err well okay it's oiled), so next time round things should move a lot quicker. ;-)

Well, now we're there, I think I'll go and start a new thread on the next prototype we've been working on..... and let that run for a good 6 months! joke :p

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
What exactly do the kits comprise of?

Is it:

1x Sleeve
1x Bottom (button)
1x Top
1x Adapter (for top - either 501/801/901)
Batteries?
Charger?
Atomiser?

Ah yes thanks - I knew I'd forgotten something in the excitement!:D

All of the things you mention above is correct.... ;)

1 x complete unit inc. either 510/901/801
2 x batteries (4 x for 6V option)
1 x charger
1 x atomiser

We also may throw in some liquid/carts for the first few people in line.... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread