The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Introducing 'the Mako' PV coming soon.....

Discussion in 'Moju Republic' started by smokindeuce, Oct 6, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Scamz

Scamz Super Member ECF Veteran

LOL on the website it still says coming january :)

2. jcamacho

jcamacho Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    There is no Mako! It was just a dream....

3. Col. Gaunt

Col. Gaunt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Yes there is a Mako, I know, I have one. Have had it for over a month:D Tim had done a really nice job in making a multi battery versatile pv. I am stuck on using it on 6v but am trying to check out the 3.7 end also. I really like the design of the locking switch, it is very unique.

The unit can be made small enough to be an awesome stealth vape. Even with the longer body it fits comfortable in the hand and is not over-sized.

Thanks Tim, you did a great job!:thumbs:

4. smokindeuce

smokindeuce Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hey guys!

LOL.... the ever elusive Mako is getting nearer to release I promise!! :)

The parts are at the engravers who should hopefully have the job done by next week. Half of the other parts are coming early next week which will just leave the assembly work...... oh and before you ask, Alex will be sweating over each and every Mako assembling them by hand.... :)

This means there is still a bit of work to be done, but the time is drawing ever nearer. I would imagine by a week on monday we should at least see some up for sale.

Hey Col Gaunt - so glad you like it! :D You have one of the very first pre production models - in fact probably number 5 if I had to hasten a guess! There will be some slight differences with the new batch to your original one, but very minor. We decided to go all brass on the endcaps in the end, and all tubes are anodised. Also comparing the atomiser end cap, the shape is more rounded on your model. Other than that, they are near identical. :) Oh and thanks for backing me up on the makos existence! lol :thumbs:

5. Scamz

haha sounds good. what are the final dimentions my friend? :)

6. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Hi Scamz!

Just a little bit added to the original length due to altering the button /atomiser end cap slightly and also allowing extra room for protected batteries.... :)

Maksi: 98mm (with o ring)/95mm (without o ring)
    Midi: 88mm (with o ring)/85mm (without o ring)
    Minno: 60mm (with o ring)/ 57mm (without o ring)

The o rings are a new feature which create a nice seal and actually add to the look really well. :) They come standard with every unit - of course if you prefer not to use them you can take them off. ;)

7. Scamz

do you have any pics of the O rings?

8. mart.hart

mart.hart Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2008
    York's/Lanc's
    Here is a selection for you if you are into that sort of thing

[​IMG]

9. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Are you releasing soon??

10. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    ARRGGHH - Hope you don't mind me venting, but the engravers driver board packed up over the weekend which is why things have been delayed further! :(

We should have had the engraved parts back on monday so we could start getting all the Makos prepared and assembled.... oh well I guess these things happen, and at least some assembly can go on without the engraved part.

Really frustrating though, but I guess mechanical parts do fail and its all part of this process that we have committed to.

So with this set back in mind, optimistically we're looking at next week for the first few Makos being ready..... if we look realistically under the circumstances, it might be the week after next..... if we look at it from a pessimistic angle, it could be three weeks.

It's all down to things going on which I have no control over so I cannot say for definite, but lets hope the engraver sorts it out by the end of the week! :)

I am really truly sorry for all of you who are waiting anxiously for its release - the Mako is a labour of love and I really hope when they finally make it through to you guys that it lives up to any expectations....

Thanks,

Tim

11. mart.hart

Nov 12, 2008
    York's/Lanc's
    is it talk like a pirate day already? :confused:

12. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

Didn't ye know it? haaahhaarrr shiver me timbers..... ooops that was last week well today it's talk like someone who think its talk like a pirate day but got the wrong day.... day. :D

13. mart.hart

Nov 12, 2008
    York's/Lanc's
  14. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    HAAAHAAAARRRRR I be no landlubber mayttee I is the good thieving captain of the mighty ocean faring Belladonna and we see plenty of mako's round our parts.

I knew it be true but I likes talking pirate most days.... where's that there Zolfreyer when you need im? :D

15. mart.hart

Nov 12, 2008
    York's/Lanc's
    Ahh....The Mako.

Now thats a rare beasty in these parts and no mistake

16. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    Ay, but recently I be witness to a whole school of the beggars swimming their way across the atlantic to warmer waters.... but worry not,, we kidnapped some for ourselves to bring back home for our UK landlubbers.... :D

17. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    HALLELUJAH!!!! It gives me great pleasure (and relief) to announce that finally the Mako is for sale!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow, I never thought I'd see this day with all the issues we kept coming up against, but all finally done and I really hope there will be enough to go around.... ah come on you don't want to put me through this again do ya? :p

But seriously we now have the mechanisms running like a finely oiled machine (err well okay it's oiled), so next time round things should move a lot quicker. ;-)

Well, now we're there, I think I'll go and start a new thread on the next prototype we've been working on..... and let that run for a good 6 months! joke :p

18. Pheary

Pheary Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2009
    Great Britain
    What exactly do the kits comprise of?

Is it:

1x Sleeve
    1x Bottom (button)
    1x Top
    1x Adapter (for top - either 501/801/901)
    Batteries?
    Charger?
    Atomiser?

19. smokindeuce

Sep 22, 2008
    UK

Ah yes thanks - I knew I'd forgotten something in the excitement!:D

All of the things you mention above is correct.... ;)

1 x complete unit inc. either 510/901/801
    2 x batteries (4 x for 6V option)
    1 x charger
    1 x atomiser

We also may throw in some liquid/carts for the first few people in line.... ;-)

20. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Will the 901 work with a cartomizer? Or would I need to use a stand alone carto adapter?:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.