ManCaveMods - VW amd VV Wood Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
I use Sony batteries. The vtc4 or vct4 ...I forget. The only reason I brought it up was because I noticed my coil reading .7 mostly. I saw .4 once and .6 a few times. All same coil, and through the same drip cycle. Through multiple cycles, I saw .6 and .7 displayed.

This is my first DNA mod so just playing around and trying to learn the ropes. My apologies if these observations are normal and I'm just being paranoid. Maybe ill try out the efests, I enjoyed the high watts buy it does not last ling at all. Ill doore testing but probably under 30 minutes.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

SavageClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use Sony batteries. The vtc4 or vct4 ...I forget. The only reason I brought it up was because I noticed my coil reading .7 mostly. I saw .4 once and .6 a few times. All same coil, and through the same drip cycle. Through multiple cycles, I saw .6 and .7 displayed.

This is my first DNA mod so just playing around and trying to learn the ropes. My apologies if these observations are normal and I'm just being paranoid. Maybe ill try out the efests, I enjoyed the high watts buy it does not last ling at all. Ill doore testing but probably under 30 minutes.

If you are seeing different ohm reading you may have a small short in the atty somewhere or loose screws at the post. Check that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
I'm currently at work and I did check the screws last night because I've had that happen in the past with fresh coils and ohm meter. If I'm not mistaken, the coil read .6 on my ohm meter prior to putting it on the DNA so .7 and .6 seems normal depending in juice saturation. The .4 was just odd. Could there be a short without the coils touching the atty (apart from the posts of course)?

I'd like to try a new coil tonight though. Any thoughts using 28g kanthal, cotton and a strawberry banana 50 50 juice? I can do single or dual coil. Also a preferred wattage for the setup. I'm looking to try something new and get the most out of the mod.

Thank you in advance

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
Build a 1.0 ohm single coil at 30 watts or a .4-.6 ohm dual coi at 30 watts.. But yes you could have a short on the center post inside the 510, the insulator may be fried etc there can be a number of variables here

Thanks for the advice. I like my .6 dual at 30 but I need to drill the holes a bit bigger and ill test the time vs wattage tonight but at 30w, I don't remember it lasting long at all. Anyone have any knowledge of average time at a given wattage?
I will try a 1.0 single though.

Isn't the DNA only suppose to do =< .5 though, you mentioned .4. Just want to not break it right away.

SavageClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ahh. Good to know. Maybe I was thinking DNA 20

Actually the DNA 30 by evolvs spec sheet says it will only fire .5 but the chip actually has a tolerance on the resistance reading allowing it to fire a little lower resistance

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
Actually the DNA 30 by evolvs spec sheet says it will only fire .5 but the chip actually has a tolerance on the resistance reading allowing it to fire a little lower resistance

Thanks man. Maybe ill push it in a few hours/days/weeks

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
Quick back story.
Got my mod yesterday. Played with it for a bit. Worked today (left the mcm at home). Came home after the bar. Wanted to play some more. Took a battery fresh off the charger and it wouldn't turn on. Made sure atty was on properly. Took back door off to check the battery. Nothing. Checked atty again. Nothing. Made sure battery was correctly in. Nothing. Switched out the battery with another off the charger. Nothing. Went through all the checks. Nothing. Frustrated, I started to watch game of thrones and vape my nemesis/3d. Checked the mcm a few more times. About to post on here. For some reason, checked the mod one last time...schschchhsch (firing noise). .... Placed it on my desk and looked at it. Wait 2 minutes while going over everything that just happened in my head. Picked it up...fire button pressed...vapor. I'm not sure what happened but it seems to be working now.

Very weird.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Quick back story.
Got my mod yesterday. Played with it for a bit. Worked today (left the mcm at home). Came home after the bar. Wanted to play some more. Took a battery fresh off the charger and it wouldn't turn on. Made sure atty was on properly. Took back door off to check the battery. Nothing. Checked atty again. Nothing. Made sure battery was correctly in. Nothing. Switched out the battery with another off the charger. Nothing. Went through all the checks. Nothing. Frustrated, I started to watch game of thrones and vape my nemesis/3d. Checked the mcm a few more times. About to post on here. For some reason, checked the mod one last time...schschchhsch (firing noise). .... Placed it on my desk and looked at it. Wait 2 minutes while going over everything that just happened in my head. Picked it up...fire button pressed...vapor. I'm not sure what happened but it seems to be working now.

Very weird.

That is definitely weird.. Let me know if it keeps acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread