Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
:-x Well I've messed up two different mod boxes so far trying to build DNA20 mods. Out of the three I started to build, only one is still in one piece. :) If all goes well on this one box I should have it up for sale by the weekend.

Hopefully one of these will be my next mod.....saving up the $$ now. Only thing I see getting in my way will be how many you can make....lol. Looking forward to ordering one once ya get production rolling....

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Back up back up....I got dis

No way bro!
who-......-him-off-1zhz.jpg

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
I've decided I'd sell the DNA20 prototype I made at a deep discount. I was planning on pulling the DNA out of the mod and using it in something else, but after reading about how fragile the ribbon cable is on the OLED and several people breaking their DNA20's I'd rather not risk breaking it to get it out. The box is pretty solid but has a few minor issues. I've been vaping on it for the last week and it definitely works great. If anyone is interested in a discounted DNA20 mod let me know. I should have one or two other DNA20 mods finished either tomorrow or sunday.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Here's a few pics of the prototype dna20 mod. Keep in mind its the prototype. It may not be the most beautiful mod.. hell, its a tad ugly :) but it does work flawlessly. The screen was roughed in there and probably needs a little veneer border to clean that up.

33to6lk.jpg

2s9c0pe.jpg

It takes two AW 18490 batteries but will also run off just one battery.

2hf3y3r.jpg

The door has a magnet that holds it in place. Its a strong magnet and does the job well, but there isnt a place on the top of the mod for the door to rest, so if you squeeze the door near the top it pops in a bit. You can see what im talking about in the picture below.

5oz57r.jpg

Like I said, I've been vaping it all week and the door issue doesnt bother me. It could be a simple project or just a cheap dna20 mod for somebody. Also the wood is unfinished, there is no oil or lacquer on it. Its brazillian ebony and macacauba woods.

If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise i'll just keep vaping it :)

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
The first official DNA20 ManCaveMod is finished!!! There wasnt a lot of room for the electronics because of the stealthy form factor, but it came out looking real good. You can't make a DNA20 wood mod any smaller than this! And sorry for the poor quality of pictures, one of these days I'll get a good camera. :)

fu7st2.jpg

epjegx.jpg

a305j4.jpg

SOLD

MCM #30 -- RedGum body with CheChen caps, DNA20, single 18650, 510 connector - $155

The screen on the mod shows your wattage, voltage, ohms of your attached atomizer and your battery level. Other features of the DNA20 include:

Locked mode: Pressing the fire button five times with less than .7 seconds between presses will cause the device to enter Locked mode. In Locked mode, the device will not fire and the output power will not adjust accidentally. While in Locked mode, the screen will be off, except that pressing a button will show “Locked, Click 5X”. To exit Locked mode, press the fire button 5 times.

Stealth mode: While locked, pressing the fire and down buttons simultaneously for five seconds will switch to stealth mode. In this mode the display is off. It will still show error messages and the “Locked, Click 5X” advisory. To switch back to normal display mode, from locked mode hold down the fire and down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed.

Right Mode and Left Mode: While locked, holding the fire and up buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds flips the display. This allows for maximum flexibility in designing the mod, as well as accommodating left handed vapers. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed. Please note that if using a potentiometer instead of a button, this option is not available. However, it can be set before soldering the potentiometer on during manufacture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread