Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Maybe I've given this WAY too much thought, but this is what I've come to appreciate and use when rocking the Mark T Infinity Bug rebuildable atomizer (hereinafter referred to as the 'T').

If you're starting out, you can find and round up all these parts while you're waiting on your 'T' to arrive:

Wick: fiberglass 1/16" (2mm) from wickstore.com (hereinafter referred to as "big bulli" or "thick bulli"). 100 yards for less than 36 bucks. It doesn't seem to last as long wicking as regular bulli without extensive maintenance. OTOH, it's fairly inexpensive, and it can even be easily wound with wire by itself. No bunching, tying, nails, looping, etc. Simply wind, cut and repeat. I may only get four or five days of hard vape out of it, without washing the wick, dry burning the coil, etc., but it occurred to me that the joy of a good rebuildable is quickly, easily and cheaply getting that new atty feeling whenever the heck you want.

Wire: Kanthal 32, 75 feet for roughly five bucks from ebay. Glad I picked up on the tip to briefly heat it with a lighter to make it more malleable before coiling.

Magnification: If you're in your mid thirties or older, see about getting some good reading glasses, or a lighted magnifying stand from harbor freight tools. If you're not, I've got a message for you at the end of this post.*

Vape bag, container, purse: I found an inexpensively priced little nintendo ds case at a local 'Big Lots' closeout store for $5. A front zippered pocket can hold a selection of 10 mm juice bottles, and smaller loose items such as drip tips, or a Evolv Kick.** The larger zippered compartment can be used to hold a tiny zip lock baggie for spare coils, spare batteries, and the following tools.

Minature screwdriver from electronics repair kit. The right sized one can work the screws of the T, the Bulli-if you're so inclined-and the Kick. It can also be used to do some fine tuning of the wires of your coils.

Cuticle Scissors. This will be clearly evident.

Spare carto tanks or atomizers.

If you've get these before your T, go ahead and practice making replacement coils while waiting. Practice seeing how many times you can wrap the kanthal closely together 3-4 coils are low resistance, and the more coils the higher the ohms. The big bulli coils should be roughly 9 mm. The big bulli wick allows you to mass produce coils on one long piece of it...cut your pieces of kanthal, treat them, and coil them one after the other. The less adventurous, prepared, or patient can also do this with the precoiled wick that Lisa sends with the T.

Put the precoiled attys into a small zip lock baggie, and throw that in your vape kit. And there ya' go! Everything you need easily at hand. If a coil pops or becomes deficient, two minutes with the screwdriver and cuticle scissors will get you back to as good as new.

I've also got most of a square foot of ss mesh, but while it vapes GREAT, it seems more bothersome to reuse and recoil the wick. Maybe a good interim method would be to wrap some around the big bulli, which would help it keep its shape better, and in turn stop the bulli from being scorched from repeated use. Then again, I do have at least 99 yards of big bulli left!

If anyone has any good tips, tricks or techniques, jot 'em down real quick, I'd love to hear them!

*Hey, kid! Get off my .......ned lawn!

**Or two. Don't judge me!

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Yep! Or you can coil it and then oxidize it by dousing it in pure VG and setting it aflame a few times.

It has throat hit...like you just insulted Chuck Norris's mother throat hit. And outstanding flavor. But the relative difficulty in recoiling it, and the fact that I've got enough big bulli wick to wrap a mummy, makes it less of an incentive to do so.

Last edited:

laid_in

Sep 24, 2010
Home Counties UK
Yep! Or you can coil it and then oxidize it by dousing it in pure VG and setting it aflame a few times.

Thanks Clyde for the SS oxiding tip. Just tried it and got a much fuller flavour than before.

The only hint I can bring to the table is to use a pin/small nail to wrap the SS mesh around easier.

I missed the advice on magnification you hinted was at the bottom of your post. Did I miss something?

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Thank you, Lisa, for helping to make my 510 atty and carto stash SIGNIFICANTLY less important. My T's are my main vape these days (followed closely behind by its German predecessor) and everything thing else is now a back up.

Yeah, a good SS wick is hard to beat out of the gate, isn't it? Genesis info (or scubatadan) are good resources for general info. However, those wicks are for drawing juice out of a separate tank, and I'm don't think dripping on the T requires that. When I get my vaping supplies organized a bit better and find some time* I'll try messing with ss mesh oxidized around a piece of big bulli wick. I'm theorizing the bulli will help the SS hold its shape a bit better and allow for easier recoiling, and the ss will keep the bulli from scorching and burning so easily.

The nice thing is that we can borrow from any other rebuildable's techniques (possibly modifying and improving them) and make them our own. I'm waiting for one of you to have an epiphany about the optimum use of SS mesh, wick, etc. Until then, I'll keep puttering along with my bifocals, shaky hands and dearth of free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread