Wicks for Iatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Maybe i am wrong, but i was thinking that maybe those capillary tubes could be used to deliver liquid to the coil, what do you guys think?

that might be an interesting experiment Ariel. If you bent two glass capilary tubes to the shape they need to be, and then had a tiny tube of porous (non vitrious) ceramic to wrap the coil around, it might just work brilliantly. you might be better off with a slightly larger diameter tube, capillary tubes tend to be pretty tiny our liquids might be a bit viscous to work. But it's totally worth a shot. I would like to try this. Hmmmmm I'm in a ceramics class this semester... now I just need some capillary tubes.... ;)

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I ordered capillary tubes, and will be trying this in the near future ;)

Great idea Ariel!

So you already bought some capillary tubes? Great ! what size are them?

I went (lunch time) to look for some capillary tubes, but i couldn't find any laboratory supplies store near, i will go out tomorrow to look for some store.

Maybe tonight i will try with some empty cartridges of a vick pen, i was thinking that maybe it could work, it could be necessary to add some internal wire, in order to help to the capillary effect. I know they are plastic, just want to experiment with them to see the effect. :)

Bebbo

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Sutri - Rome - Italy
Hello people, I'm looking for some help.

I want to buy some wick, but the italian GG reseller only sells the pack with Rwire NRwire and wick together, and the result is that now I have tons of Rwire, some NR wire and no wick at all (I change wick every couple days keeping the wires).

I've read around but got a bit confused. I need a wick that doesn't need any treatment before the use, the best I am able to do is wash it in vodka/water :oops:
Please could you suggest me a shop (I need one in the US) and the exact name of the wick to look for. Thank you very much :)

gredie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
GG, Austria
They shipped in Austria gredie? Strange. I thought that if they dont ship in Greece they dont send to Europe.

Outside US you can order only via fax or mail, this worked for me. I just dropped in a request via contact form and got an answer via mail. For me there would be no reason why they should not ship to Greece too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread