Moscow, Russia
Decided to open a new thread.
interested in hearing about your experiments with others wicks in Iatty

This is the wick Ko. Its the thin one (1,2mm width) that is bend to make 3 rows

View attachment 45711

This is the top 5 wicks of 9 that I tried, the rest gave poor results
0_4c3bf_83391ab_L.jpg

1. I got from you, Imeo
2. thinner fiberglass wick than yours, produced in Russia, by the result does not differ
3. from CE2 r5 - gives a slightly sweet taste and too fragile
4. by Cetin that comes with Bulli-Smoker A2 Atomizer - better than wick from CE2 but also too fragile
5. hollow silica rope, many people prefer it to repair Giantomizers It's also good as wick that comes with the Iatty, but can withstand higher temperatures

The one that you have picture, as far as I could consider, is very similar to wick that comes with A2

For me, the best result gives the twisted coil ​​wrapped around folded 4 times silica rope.
0_4bd3a_62492375_L.jpg

and twisted coil with fiberglass wick on top, as Imeo does

Last edited:

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Will you explain the twisted coil to me, I seem to remember seeing something, but I missed the details of how and why to do it. Thank you.

I am looking forward to see what innovations we as a community come up with for I atty, Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I am waiting on some #400 ss Mesh, I have a few ideas on a hybrid concept :) I will share as soon as I try them.

ko4ik

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Moscow, Russia

ko4ik

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Moscow, Russia
Will you explain the twisted coil to me, I seem to remember seeing something, but I missed the details of how and why to do it. Thank you.
Sorry for my English, but I do not know what else to call.
I mean like this
0_4a675_988bbf4c_L.jpg

I am looking forward to see what innovations we as a community come up with for I atty, Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I am waiting on some #400 ss Mesh, I have a few ideas on a hybrid concept I will share as soon as I try them.
you are welcome :)
ss mesh I haven't tried yet, it's interesting I will wait results with impatience

Captain Morgan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Oklahoma
I am using right now the "3" from macmasters as you said Ko. It still vapes very nice. I put it on the Iatty at noon, that is about 10 hours now

Imeo - The smallest diameter listed by Macmasters is 1/4" which is about 6.5mm which is too big I thought. How do you use it? Do you unbraid it?

Edit: Has anyone looked at Silica Yarn or Silica Roving? It comes in smaller diameter sizes.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Has anybody thought to take the newer type filler that is in the dual coil Cartos, or any other filler type material and twist up a length of it and wrap the wire around this material for your wick ? I think this may work rather well, I haven't tried it as of yet but if anyone gets a chance please post on it when you can if you try this.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
MWA did you get yourself an iAtty? I'd love to hear your opinions about it.

I did, I think it is a very good product Silent. I want to try to use the filler from a carto instead of the rope and wrap it with the wire with this newer carto filler, if any of the GG guys try this please post how it works. I would also like to see Imeo make one like the Genesis or G-tank but in his own version, his very own version. I think that would be very interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo - The smallest diameter listed by Macmasters is 1/4" which is about 6.5mm which is too big I thought. How do you use it? Do you unbraid it?

Edit: Has anyone looked at Silica Yarn or Silica Roving? It comes in smaller diameter sizes.

I dont mean the width, I mean the material Captain. I bought a very thick wick and I took fibers from it. I took 12 fibers if I remember well. If you find on macmasters 1/16 it would be nice

JonahNM

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
New Mexico
www.vapor-age.com
The wick that came with the Iatty is great (good thing as I have half a spool). But I put a different wick in my Iatty this morning and it is even better. I would recommend Nextel Braided Ceramic Very High Temperature Sleeving it is ceramic and I am loving it. I will say I have only been using it for about 2 hours, so I will report back in a couple of days.

define

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2010
Western Australia
I did, I think it is a very good product Silent. I want to try to use the filler from a carto instead of the rope and wrap it with the wire with this newer carto filler, if any of the GG guys try this please post how it works. I would also like to see Imeo make one like the Genesis or G-tank but in his own version, his very own version. I think that would be very interesting to say the least.

After all the bagging you have done about GG you really think anyone gives a rats a.. what suggestions you may have????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread