Marlboro miles? (Just to see how old you are)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Oh man, a year or two ago, I was going through some old boxes cleaning out stuff and came across probably 4 or 5000 camel cash and I dont even know how many Marlboro miles I had saved and NEVER used.. Ran over to the website to see if there was any chance I could still use them and apparently I just missed out and they had just stopped the whole deal because of some new law that doesnt allow them to give out stuff anymore..

I wanted so many of those rad Camel zippos and never ONCE sent any of those things in! I think I had been collecting em up since like 1993 haha. Used to have a friend whos family all smoked reds and my god like once a month they would pretty much get the entire Marlboro catalog worth of crap haha. He was saving up for the pool table they had hah!

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
I forgot about my "Your Basic T-shirt" - long gone.

I forgot about those, still have them I'm sure, Davey don't throw things away :) In fact I believe my CD ghetto blaster in the garage is from Marlboro, sure as hell wouldn't have bought it! actually it is pretty nice for what it is, one of "those".

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I got tons of stuff like towels, coolers, watches, radios, etc from Marlboro miles, most that I gave away to friends. The best was that at the I lived in a neighborhood under construction so every morning I would walk around the new house sites picking up dozens of discarded cigarette packs at a time!

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
The kayak
Grill set
Back packs
Lighters
Down coat
Hats

Probably more, I thin we got about everything they had. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. I wonder how many Corvettes I could own with that cigarette money over the decades.

Edit: Have all the Camel crap too :facepalm:

I still have the Camel Hard Pack Tyvek jacket, as well as multiple decks of playing cards still unopened.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
This thread needs pics!

I'm 34, so I am not sure I was ever old enough to redeem them, but I wore all of Dad's gear in my teenage years. Like many he was great at collecting the miles, but terrible at sending them in.

I remember the windbreaker set, tee shirts, poker set, coffee cup. Here is all that I have left. Traded miles at the Marlboro Van that used to make stops every now and then.

a6e9fe41d32b0524c131c5fcb80d5e63.jpg

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
2 man tent ,duffle bags from marlb and assorted ashtrays,lighters and tins from camel est of about $22,812.50 spent on smokes by the time i was 36yrs old and thats prob a low est.

The fraud comes in when they act like they are giving you something when they are really taking from you. You could build one of those "tiny houses" for that. Or even buy a small piece of land in many states. :vapor:

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Just a couple of the artifacts:

View attachment 370046

The Ol Trusty Backgammon/Checkers/Poker/Chess Game

View attachment 370047

The Ol Fire Log Sleeping Quarters

View attachment 370048

The Ol Things You Use To Upset Said Firewood

uploadfromtaptalk1409527998416.jpg

The Ol Trusty Cue That Never Got Used

uploadfromtaptalk1409528054432.jpg

Hmmm, How'd That Get In There?

Yep got me some Marlboro Gear.

Simply Newt

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I used to save those by the pile.

Nicest thing I remember getting was an English dart board set and a CD player. Neither of which I still own, having most recently sold the dart board set in a garage sale a few years back.

Still have a nice pewter looking ash tray still sitting on our front porch......no longer used, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread