Maybe I don't know what the h#ll I'm talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrtim

Jan 25, 2012
Austin, tx
When I got home Sunday night from a looong weekend working, my package from Value Vapor was sitting on my desk.

Even though I was beat, I just had to open it. Felt sorta like Christmas.

I got the new (to me) VV tube from lrider in matte black.

Included were two bats and the charger. Both were fully charged and I just had to try this thing out. I screwed my tank on and fired this puppy up. Since all I had on hand were dual coil, low resistance cartos, I set the voltage at 3.8. Piece of cake. Just press the buttons and the display tells me where I am. That's voltage wise. It doesn't come with a GPS.

Anyway, I've been using it exclusively since then and have to say that I am impressed.

The batteries last two full days for me and it produces clouds of vapor. I decided to risk the carto and dialed it up to 4.5 volts and was amazed at the difference. The throat hit blew me away. 4.5 is a little high for my tastes.

I've settled at 4 volts and will experiment more when this carto gives up and I install a 3 Ohm cart.

For the 69 bucks I spent on it, I'm a very happy camper.

Is this the generic Lavatube?

I know all the attention is going toward the Smoke Tech and Ego Twist right now, but this seems to be a great in-between device.

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of "You shouda got a XYZ Magnum" sort of responses. but if I hung onto all the shoulda, coulda, wouldsa in my life, I'd have to buy a bigger house.

All I can say is that I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone wanting their first VV device and feel like it was a bargain.

Vape long and prosper.:vapor:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Hmmm you might not know what you're talking about. I know the V3s are starting to become available and there was a V1.5. That might be what you got. With the original, you should be able to get 3.75V which would be an improvement over and ego. I think I read that once that mod reaches it's max, that's what you get regardless of where the voltage is set. If you did get a V1.5, you should be able to get to 4.25V. The V3s have a 3 amp limit and should be able to get near 6V.

hrtim

Jan 25, 2012
Austin, tx
Hmmm you might not know what you're talking about. I know the V3s are starting to become available and there was a V1.5. That might be what you got. With the original, you should be able to get 3.75V which would be an improvement over and ego. I think I read that once that mod reaches it's max, that's what you get regardless of where the voltage is set. If you did get a V1.5, you should be able to get to 4.25V. The V3s have a 3 amp limit and should be able to get near 6V.

I know there are inline volt meters but, I don't have one.

Not sure how I would be able to check with my multi-meter.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.

I don't buy into version numbers too much..but from what I'm reading what people are calling the "V3" has a 4a limit, the "V1.5" has a 3.2a limit and the "V1" has a 2.5a limit.

I can't tell what version it is on Value Vapor but from the pictures it is either a "V1" or V1.5" if it has the ohm meter it is a "V1.5" if not a 1. They also list there batteries at 2200mAh I'm not sure about that because they look like the Sanyo 1600mAh or 2000mAh ones.

Yes when these "LT's" reach there amp limit they won't go above that they will stay within that limit but keep working.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
I know there are inline volt meters but, I don't have one.

Not sure how I would be able to check with my multi-meter.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

You can either build an adapter out of a 510 connector and an old cartomizer (with wires going through it and a couple coming out to attach to your meter) or there is a site that sells one that has alligator clips on it to attach a multimeter for around $10. I keep forgetting the site (I should bookmark it) but I'm sure someone will come along to link it :)

hrtim

Jan 25, 2012
Austin, tx
I don't buy into version numbers too much..but from what I'm reading what people are calling the "V3" has a 4a limit, the "V1.5" has a 3.2a limit and the "V1" has a 2.5a limit.

I can't tell what version it is on Value Vapor but from the pictures it is either a "V1" or V1.5" if it has the ohm meter it is a "V1.5" if not a 1. They also list there batteries at 2200mAh I'm not sure about that because they look like the Sanyo 1600mAh or 2000mAh ones.

Yes when these "LT's" reach there amp limit they won't go above that they will stay within that limit but keep working.

Thanx CC.

You basically said very succinctly what I was rambling on about.

I don't really care to be on the bleeding edge of this or most any other electronic gadget technology.

To me, e-cigs are a means to an end. I just never want to smoke another cigarette. Period.

This tube gives me considerably more satisfaction and longevity over the basic ego/510 options that I had.

Now I'm not narrow minded. I figure my attitude toward this entire process is ummm, evolving.

In the future I may want something else to play with and enjoy and am certainly glad that there are so many options becoming available.

Isn't life grand?

Thx again.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC

You can call them Fred, Barney, and Dino but, you need some way to express which one's which. Thanks for correcting my typo, I meant to say the V3s were 4A. I didn't realize I'd actually typed 3 till I saw you're post.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
You can call them Fred, Barney, and Dino but, you need some way to express which one's which. Thanks for correcting my typo, I meant to say the V3s were 4A. I didn't realize I'd actually typed 3 till I saw you're post.

For the informed usually it's easy to tell what version as long as the vendor lists the features and has the correct pictures. The newest version is easy because it has different metal end caps and the "V1.5" has the ohm meter.

Of course that leaves the older chromes out which are "V1" and IDK if the newer chromes will look like the "V1" chrome yet but I suspect it will just look like the newer version's end caps probably.

Hey no problem..I just want to be sure the correct info is out there..not sure where that 4a limit applies because they don't make it clear though..it might or might not be on the output voltage or somewhere else like on the battery or chip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread