Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Im at a loss for words. Something is seriously wrong with that switch. It were me Id give up on that. You need to get another mod, or see if you can order new insulators, magnets or anything else that can be replaced.

It looks pitted and charred? ITs an accident waiting to happen. Sorry, but if it looked like that when you got it, the guy who sold it to you sold you something that he abused and its unconscionable to sell that off to someone. Its like sending someone a letter bomb addressed to "resident"

If it got that way from the sparking its needs to be tossed or you need to replace parts.

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
Im at a loss for words. Something is seriously wrong with that switch. It were me Id give up on that. You need to get another mod, or see if you can order new insulators, magnets or anything else that can be replaced.

It looks pitted and charred? ITs an accident waiting to happen. Sorry, but if it looked like that when you got it, the guy who sold it to you sold you something that he abused and its unconscionable to sell that off to someone. Its like sending someone a letter bomb addressed to "resident"

If it got that way from the sparking its needs to be tossed or you need to replace parts.
yep. im getting a caravela mech mod to see if that will work. im done with this thing.

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
it worked perfectly and sent me abunch of vids and he used nickle wire and it was firing so hard. idk what im doing.
^This blew my mind.

Bilonix, your 22g dual coil build is around .15 - .2 ohms. Do the same build when you get your Caravela with 26g Kanthal and it'll be around .3 - .4 ohms and will have a faster ramp up time.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
My guess is he was using Nichrome wire. I use it a lot for mech builds too. It's lower resistance, but the thicker gauges heat up a lot faster than kanthal does. 24G is a good gauge if you want to try it. It's resistance isn't stupid low. 8 wrap 3mm dual coils are "fairly safe" and will fit in most attys. It's around a .3 ohm/15 amp build.

Reactions: stormjib

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
In looking at the pics of the top of the mod you have posted, it looks as if the center pin is off center, like the insulation in there is gone or damaged.
there is nothing in there. legit all the pictures ive sent, thats all im seeing too. ive been told there doesnt look like there is an insulator in my switch. but there is that little black plastic bit at the top that it attatched to a free moving little silver ring. but yeah you see how the pin is just jammed over to the side? thats what i think the problem was but oh well. getting a caravela mech today and then maybe trading it for a 200w kooper box mod from SMOK if i dont like the caravela hahaha already got it all lined up just incase :p
Cheers fam.
P.S. no black or charing or anything on the battery or anywhere i can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread