Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So, at best it'll be a PC/Macintosh scenario? Each brand with their own packs? Might as well just get a pod...
Well packs do have the advantage that they can be swapped and replaced when they wear out. I think innokin made a mod with a swap-able pack a couple of years ago, but it wasn't a big hit at the time.

Me, I intend to keep vaping my mech squonkers with 18650s. I've been complely content with them for ~4 years now and can't think of a reason why I wouldn't be for the rest of my life.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So if anything vape-like remains after the approval process, the best to hope for would be a mod that uses a proprietary swappable battery pack. Sort of like what's used on camcorders (DSLRs as well, but those are tiny, well, so are most in the retail camcorder market compared to the larger HD cams used by news networks that are damn big and heavy). And those usually use proprietary chargers. No using your Canon battery pack on a Hitachi camcorder.
Dang, I forgot about cameras. Yep.

The reason I think of power tools is 'case their packs will be a prime source for 18650s if someone like the CPSC should decide that loose 18650s are too dangerous to sell to consumers.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Dang, I forgot about cameras. Yep.

The reason I think of power tools is 'case their packs will be a prime source for 18650s if someone like the CPSC should decide that loose 18650s are too dangerous to sell to consumers.
And where can on harvest good 2x700s?

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I really doubt that all the mod manufacturers can get together to use the same standards. I'm not convinced China realizes they are about to lose a large part of their market to the USA's regulations.

They're already beginning to test the waters to prepare for regulations. The US market is too big to ignore. Innkoin has been an example of that. The mod with a built in battery and building to UL standards. I think the plastic disposable tanks are another attempt at an FDA "approvable" product as the whole tank can be replaced, but the consumer does not have access to the coils themselves. That sounds like a device developed for the FDA to like, not necessarily vapers. When the first plastic tanks came out we were all scratching our heads trying to figure out the "why" of them. Maybe now we know.

AlexEdler

Moved On
Jul 13, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spammer

AlexEdler

Moved On
Jul 13, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spammer

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
That is a great bargain stack for sure. Good performer and trouble free.

However, I'm hearing from reliable sources that the Arcless stack is even better. In that same general price range.
Arcless with the stack tube is almost twice as much from what I've seen. Plus I personally wouldn't buy anything that has that horse's rear AmbitionZ name on it.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Arcless with the stack tube is almost twice as much from what I've seen. Plus I personally wouldn't buy anything that has that horse's rear AmbitionZ name on it.
That's right. With the stack extension it is more. I forgot it's also sold as a single.

I do love my Mage V2 stack.
20190311_192336_cr.jpg

Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
In China you can get the black Arcless with stacked tube for about 55$ as well.

I think the overall looks and the switch itself are great, but the Arcless has one major flaw imo.
Because the vent holes are in the switch only, you have to put your batteries in positive down, which will transform the tube into a formidable cruise missile aimed straight at your face when the battery vents. That's an absolute no-go for me.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
In China you can get the black Arcless with stacked tube for about 55$ as well.

I think the overall looks and the switch itself are great, but the Arcless has one major flaw imo.
Because the vent holes are in the switch only, you have to put your batteries in positive down, which will transform the tube into a formidable cruise missile aimed straight at your face when the battery vents. That's an absolute no-go for me.
I haven't seen the Arcless with the tube for that price. I'm not saying it's not just that I haven't seen it. I don't trust anything that lying idiot AmbitionZ puts his name on. It's really getting hard to trust any reviewers anymore. I also agree about having a rocket pointed at your face is not a good thing.

Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread