Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
No I didn’t, don’t know much about extension tubes. Do I need one?
Need? No. Or Not exactly anyway. An extension tube makes the inner chamber longer so more batteries can be put in but the connection between the tube and the extension tube increases the voltage drop. Iirc there was a guy in my area that attached a bunch of extension tubes together and made himself a vape cane back in the day.

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I guess we need to develop a vaping specific battery, we can do better than that.
It was tried at least once iirc. Company made this proprietary clip on one where each battery cost almost what the whole mod did. It failed of course. The problem is there isn’t enough market. Batteries used for vaping are designed for other things. It would have to be a wider market than vaping. Black&Decker also designed some single 18650 “power packs” for their low end home accessories once. Also proprietary of course.
upload_2019-8-20_11-59-5.jpg

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Yep. Makes for a long goofy looking light saber like device though.

I don’t think the vape cane guy actually filled the thing with batteries though. It was many years ago.
I can't even. What kinda coil would be needed to vape at 36-42v?

Reactions: YorkMan

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Black&Decker also designed some single 18650 “power packs” for their low end home accessories once. Also proprietary of course.
As did Ryobi:

VNMDs01.jpg

I have a bunch of these. When one finally gives up the ghost, I will open it up to find out exactly what's in it.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I can't even. What kinda coil would be needed to vape at 36-42v?

Well lets see ......................
    8 watts and 42v would need a 220 ohm coil

What I don't like is that the FDA will demand that PV's will be so junked up with safety devices that they are to big to carry.

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread