Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I figured I'd ask here first before contacting Provape- here's my issue and I'd like to know if this is normal behavior or a problem?

Going thru the menu everything is fine except when I check battery (cb). My mini will show where my battery is at then instead of the LED going off it'll immediately fire like I'm about to take a vape.

This only happens on CB and no- I'm not still holding the button.

Is this normal or do I need to contact Provape?

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
It has to fire to find out the voltage. Perfectly normal.

But this brings up a question I've been wanting to ask. When I tap to get to Pu or Pd, sometimes it'll stay in between modes..... On "--", even though I know I've pressed it the correct number of times. So I'll tap it again, and then it'll skip passed the next menu option and go to the next "--".

I just let it cancel and start over. I would have considered sending it back, but now I've found it happens on both my V2.0 and V2.5, so I figured it's just a quark in the chip's program. And it isn't really a big deal other than a slight nuisance.

Anyone else get this?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I figured I'd ask here first before contacting Provape- here's my issue and I'd like to know if this is normal behavior or a problem?

Going thru the menu everything is fine except when I check battery (cb). My mini will show where my battery is at then instead of the LED going off it'll immediately fire like I'm about to take a vape.

This only happens on CB and no- I'm not still holding the button.

Is this normal or do I need to contact Provape?
The Provari's meters are designed to measure battery voltage and also atomizer resistance "under load", meaning it fires as if you were vaping. This is actually a more accurate measurement than not using an under load measurement method.

I would be cautious however when testing a dry, unfilled cartomizer to check for a DOA carto. I'm not sure at what voltage the Provari fires while taking the ohm measurement, and you may fry the carto and ruin it if it is dry.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Ohhhhh.....Ok......Checking under load makes perfect sense.
The only other device I have that checks battery is the Segelei Zmax and since it didn't do it the ProVari way I thought something was wrong with the ProVari.

@Pre what you describe I've also had that happen.
Makes you think you didn't click when you know you did.
But if you click again the menu jumps past what you wanted so you have to start all over.

I've made myself slow down just in case I'm clicking faster than that ProVari is registering.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Ohhhhh.....Ok......Checking under load makes perfect sense.
The only other device I have that checks battery is the Segelei Zmax and since it didn't do it the ProVari way I thought something was wrong with the ProVari.

@Pre what you describe I've also had that happen.
Makes you think you didn't click when you know you did.
But if you click again the menu jumps past what you wanted so you have to start all over.

I've made myself slow down just in case I'm clicking faster than that ProVari is registering.

I feel better knowing I'm not alone. And you're right, it only seems to happen when I'm rushing the menu. Gotta remember to slow down. WooooSaaaah.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The Provari's meters are designed to measure battery voltage and also atomizer resistance "under load", meaning it fires as if you were vaping. This is actually a more accurate measurement than not using an under load measurement method.

I would be cautious however when testing a dry, unfilled cartomizer to check for a DOA carto. I'm not sure at what voltage the Provari fires while taking the ohm measurement, and you may fry the carto and ruin it if it is dry.

I would say more than "cautious," cartos can burn very quickly. While it wasn't with a ProVari, I once used a dry carto, not noticing I hadn't grabbed the primed one. It not only fried, but the coil popped after only a few seconds. The instant melt down might have been because it was a "shorty;" for a moment I didn't think I was going to live. It was instant panic when in a nano-second I realized: 1) my mouth was full of smoke instead of vapor; and 2) the back of my throat felt like it was dissolving in flames. I was honestly surprised there wasn't any blood. I could still taste burnt polyfill 24 hours later. To this day I'm phobic about cartos not in tanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread