Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Why bother with an L.E.D. ? Having it halfway up the device looks like you're trying to obscure it anyway. It must drain the battery, (apart from being another part to fail) meaning less vape time on one single charge...

Incidently, I bought the Tornado for a friend for a birthday present. I wanted the Janty Ego for the quicker charger but the U.K. supplier site was down for maintenance all over January. For myself, 3.7v doesn't do it for me but I accept 3.7v devices are for most people what they first ecounter when switching from analogs to e-cigs.

Keenly awaiting the Tesla filter and Baby J and do hope these are released presently.

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Whilst taste is individual (and Janty designs are good looking) , functionality perhaps is something else..

If you go and read the reviews across the world for the eGo, i believe 99% of them, says that the eGo is probably the best PV ever made to date, both in terms of battery power, design, and bringing out the vapor.

So - id like to think that emphasizes that we have both functionality and design in this one - tested and proved. And since its the same principles that goes to work on the Baby J , then.. i think its safe to say that it will work equally as good.

And - keep in mind i have tested it, and i find it far superior to any other 3.7 volt device running a 801 ( thats my opinion ofcourse ) - so no.. i dont think the LEDs are a problem. They dont break easily, and they dont consume any noticeable power - they are very very very very small infact..

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
If you go and read the reviews across the world for the eGo, i believe 99% of them, says that the eGo is probably the best PV ever made to date, both in terms of battery power, design, and bringing out the vapor.

So - id like to think that emphasizes that we have both functionality and design in this one - tested and proved. And since its the same principles that goes to work on the Baby J , then.. i think its safe to say that it will work equally as good.

And - keep in mind i have tested it, and i find it far superior to any other 3.7 volt device running a 801 ( thats my opinion ofcourse ) - so no.. i dont think the LEDs are a problem. They dont break easily, and they dont consume any noticeable power - they are very very very very small infact..

It's all part of the disposable battery switch part, right, anyway? If it lasts like the switch for the life of the battery its a non-issue.

Oh, and yes, I bought the equivalent (Tornado) for my friend based much on that opinion. Played with it myself just before I handed it over and it's an very impressive small e-cig.

Which reminds me I must check if Ivapour is up and running again :) for Janty U.K.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Yes, Please! make the Baby J. I have 2 eGo's and love them. Best in looks and functionality! The eGo is the BEST for cartomizers, with 510 adapter! But I'd also love a little more voltage and usb capability. I can see myself using both at different times liking one for going out and one for home, or one with cartomizers only and the other for attys.

Ethan_Janty

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2008
Fort Worth
Not to stray away from this thread......BUT, yes, I'm supposed to be studying, but since I can't talk to anyone via email today, I thought I'd drop in you all to add some comments. I feel so alone ;)

Also, if you've ever looked at an LSAT review of any kind, you know exactly why I'm putting off studying for the moment. lol

Ethan

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
As I sit here vaping away on my eGo, it occurs to me that I owe an incredible debt of gratitude to Janty. I received my first PV, the original Janty Dura, in January of 2009, and within days, I had managed to kick a 30-year, 2+ pack a day habit. :wub:

Janty gets serious points in my book for continuing to innovate and develop new products to improve the vaping experience. Despite the inevitable bumps along the way, I've been extraordinarily pleased with the customer service I've received. Ludo, Jeff and Ethan have always made me feel as if I am a valued customer, and any issue I've ever had has been dealt with in a courteous, professional, and responsive fashion.

As for Mik, well, hats off to you for an awesome device. The eGo has exceeded all of my expectations. Now get busy and finish up with that Tesla filter thingie. :p

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
'Tis nice to see this Janty/eGo appreciation thread started by the "Moddess". Coming from Julie, this is serious praise for the eGo, not to be taken lightly.

As for me, it's been nearly a month since the eGo landed in my mailbox. It's been my main vape all that while. Gone are the days where I'm frantically packing up batteries to get ready for my day. I *do* carry a spare eGo battery with me but I have yet to need it after a full day's work and a couple of hours of commuting to and from the city for work.

There are precious few items, of any kind, that I have ever owned that have exceeded all my expectations. The eGo is on that select list. It's a winner, Mik. Congrats to you...

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Thanks!

And yeah i know what you mean about not carrying alot of stuff - ive actually come down to the point where i trust my ego enough to not bring a spare battery, i can sort of eyeball how long it will last now. And i just know i WILL be sorry that i am trusting it at one point. We all know the day is going to come where its raining, youve had an awful day and then BAM, you miscalculated..

:)

thanas1s

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
greece
i'm gonna stray a bit from the many many ppl here and say 'no' .

1. make baby j bigger with 1000+ mah and a pt as its essential difference
with the ego, other than size. kissbox - 801 size was never the selling
point anyway.

2. make a) a baby j XL with 4.5 volts, even bigger size 1300+ mah. NO PT
or it will become huge .
b) ego XL 300-400 mah, pt and 4.5 volts. extra size for the pt.

3. keep the best functionality combo for stick XL imo. PT, 4, 5, or 6 volts
selection and good, not as good as baby j's, battery duration.

that way i thing you get the best of all your product lines....

- stick... best overall functionality, 801 atty, charge on the go, switchable
batteries.
- ego, elegant and slim, but not that big on duration as JS or baby j. No PT
except for 4.5 volts where mah is so low that it doesn't canibalize baby j.
- baby j... duration duration duration. The missing pt on the 4.5 volts will
be made up with a big increase on mah.. taking out pt circuits and
putting a bigger battery. maybe future cameo's battery ???
- STICK XL. voltage selection and pt charging but close to half of baby j's
duration at least on 5+ volts

... hmm i seem to have a lot of time on my hands

thanas1s

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
greece
on second thought you could .....

leave pt out of the base baby j set altogether, add more mah

1) ego XL , a tiny bit more mah, pt capability
2) ego extreme, a bit less mah as xl, 4.5 no pt
3) baby j XL, a tiny bit more mah, pt capability