Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiddVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 16, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got my Merlin saturday and did a single coil with their included notched coil (long story but thats all i have right nowl, i removed the restriction plug that is pre-installed and it kicks ...! I had to wick it twice as you can't have your wicking material covering the juice hole and there's no leaks and I can't wait to get 2 coils in it. I'm vaping at 65wt and it's great! Way to go Roxy!

AmandaD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    So Cal
    Speaking of the airflow restriction plug... How many are using it and how much does it affect your vape either way. Would love to hear some feedback. Hopefully mine with be in the mail today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The little plug makes the airflow extremely restrictive for someone coming form a crown or boreas!

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Speaking of the airflow restriction plug... How many are using it and how much does it affect your vape either way. Would love to hear some feedback. Hopefully mine with be in the mail today.

I'm using the 2.5mm port. It makes it a perfect MTL tank
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
    Feb 4, 2014
    Washington, LA
    This wins a spot on my possibles shopping list

Reason: single coil - why cant more manufacturers give us single coilists some love, like Geekvape does, even with plugs
    100% agreed. I'm all about restrictive lung hit single-coil RTAs. It's exciting to have options, even if we don't have nearly as many as the dual coil fans.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I'm using the 2.5mm port. It makes it a perfect MTL tank

Hi Boden! How does it compare to a Kayfun 3 (mini) or K4, for example? I like a somewhat restricted draw, 2.2-2.5 mm air hole diameter, single coil (2.5 ID), 1.2-1.6Ω.

Thanks! Great pictures, BTW. :)

Reactions: TrollDragon

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Hi Boden! How does it compare to a Kayfun 3 (mini) or K4, for example? I like a somewhat restricted draw, 2.2-2.5 mm air hole diameter, single coil (2.5 ID), 1.2-1.6Ω.

Thanks! Great pictures, BTW. :)
    It's a bit more open than the K4 with the 4S air port installed.

The 2.5mm air port in the Merlin is great for MTL.

The coil I have in it is a 1.3 ohm, 10 wrap, parallel 30g and I'm running 14W with 60/40 12mg/mL.

Pg/Vg

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    Woohoo. This is a lil beauty of a tank. Quick bath (even though it was clean as a whistle right out of the box) and an even quicker build. I seem to have nailed the wicking on the first attempt. Threads are buttery smooth and the JFC and AFC as well. Doing fine with 50/50 juice. Curious whether those two juice ports will be adequate for thicker liquids. I left the airflow reducer plug in for a trial. Been some time since I've done any MTL vaping. With the air closed off half way it's a decent MTL vape. I'll probably remove the plug and go for the DTL vape it more what I've gotten used to. First impressions are good. I'll put it thru the paces for a few days and see how it pans out.
    e58dd1f464e7c7c6dce7bc982a7e0c2f.jpg

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Thanks, Boden! I really want one (the Boreas was not my thing at all), but I was a bit hesitant. In my experience, the overall design of the tank is critical; while reducing the diameter of the air port is a brilliant idea, it doesn't always work as intended. I have one such tank (I won it :facepalm:). It has an insert, but that insert doesn't really convert the big-air high-wattage tank into an MTL tank.

I was hoping that Roxy's design would be better. After all, she knows very well that there are many vapers who prefer MTL, high(er) resistance, and lower wattage. I spent a lot of time on her thread...:cry:

I like your DT, BTW. Is it homemade? It's gorgeous!

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Thanks, Boden! I really want one (the Boreas was not my thing at all), but I was a bit hesitant. In my experience, the overall design of the tank is critical; while reducing the diameter of the air port is a brilliant idea, it doesn't always work as intended. I have one such tank (I won it :facepalm:). It has an insert, but that insert doesn't really convert the big-air high-wattage tank into an MTL tank.

I was hoping that Roxy's design would be better. After all, she knows very well that there are many vapers who prefer MTL, high(er) resistance, and lower wattage. I spent a lot of time on her thread...:cry:

I like your DT, BTW. Is it homemade? It's gorgeous!
    I have a small lathe that I make atty parts and drip tips on.

I honestly think you will like the Merlin.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Woohoo. This is a lil beauty of a tank. Quick bath (even though it was clean as a whistle right out of the box) and an even quicker build. I seem to have nailed the wicking on the first attempt. Threads are buttery smooth and the JFC and AFC as well. Doing fine with 50/50 juice. Curious whether those two juice ports will be adequate for thicker liquids. I left the airflow reducer plug in for a trial. Been some time since I've done any MTL vaping. With the air closed off half way it's a decent MTL vape. I'll probably remove the plug and go for the DTL vape it more what I've gotten used to. First impressions are good. I'll put it thru the paces for a few days and see how it pans out.
    e58dd1f464e7c7c6dce7bc982a7e0c2f.jpg

That was my experience as well. Clean as a whistle and the wicking is a breeze.

Just pulled the deck to see if any liquid was pooling in the base.
    image.jpeg

Nope :D

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    The wicking on this tank is so easy, most tanks I've had, you have to learn how it likes to be wicked, but the Merlin, just shoved some cotton in it and it worked great, and 1st time wasn't a fluke, as done a 2nd rewick and working great again, seems very forgiving with the wicking :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread