Michigan Teen Receives Double Lung Transplant After 'Enormous' Damage From Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Actually although I was in the minority I did listen to everything my parents said. I didn't go anywhere without telling them where I was going either. They knew all my friends. I know kids nowadays don't show their parents the respect I did but if a teenager was vaping enough to form scar tissue I'd think the parents had some clue he was vaping something. And no, it's not all the parents fault. Part of the blame lies with the teenager and whoever supplied him.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
It's a double-lung transplant for something that should have been reasonably safe by normal expectations, even if illegal-street-stuff.

I feel sorry for him, but I guess he's the canary in the coal mine, so to speak. On this vit-e (assuming that's the case) issue. True he shouldn't have been doing it. But most of us started smoking when underage too. I mean, what if cigs had been spiked with something weird like this?

Still, I think it's important not to confuse this issue with nic-vaping to stay off cigs.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
When stupid people do stupid things then stupid stuff happens. The kid shouldn't have been vaping anything and is lucky to be alive. I don't feel sorry for the kid in the least.
So a stupid kid did a stupid thing(I'm sure none of us did). I don't find what the kid did to be reprehensible, but I find the last sentence of your comment to be very much so.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
The parents felt obligated to warn everyone. But refused to disclose what they were warning us of.
Nice.

The good doctor: “This (what???) is an evil I haven’t faced before. The damage that these vapes (what vapes???) do to people’s lungs is irreversible. Please think of that (think of what???) — and tell your children to think of that (about what exactly???).”

Really? "Child injured. Parents urge everyone not to do what he did. Parents won't disclose what he did." Super helpful.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The parents felt obligated to warn everyone. But refused to disclose what they were warning us of.
Nice.

The good doctor: “This (what???) is an evil I haven’t faced before. The damage that these vapes (what vapes???) do to people’s lungs is irreversible. Please think of that (think of what???) — and tell your children to think of that (about what exactly???).”

Really? "Child injured. Parents urge everyone not to do what he did. Parents won't disclose what he did." Super helpful.
That's a good point. If they're "obligated to warn" then it should be "warn of what?"

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Folks, PLEASE stop helping the MSM smear us by starting threads here with the same misleading titles that they used.
I kind of wish this post could be deleted. It really is off-topic as it is not related to e-cigarettes, but those unfamiliar with things may get confused and think it is.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
So a stupid kid did a stupid thing(I'm sure none of us did). I don't find what the kid did to be reprehensible, but I find the last sentence of your comment to be very much so.
I see where you might be confused so I'll clear it up for you.
I couldn't give an obese rodent's rectum what you think.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hard to isolate episodes out of our regular vaping experience when a visit to Steam Engine brings this up at the top of their home page (yeah, I know they deserve ad revenue to maintain the site, but really.........)
SE Lawsuit.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread