Mike n Tibs DNA Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
thanks, vince! i'll keep it in mind if nothing more local develops ;)
the thing consists of 5 parts and i could make templates without a problem. using the right acrylic cement i should be able to put it together myself ;)
Sounds good. I'm basically retired, so I don't mind an errand or two :)

tomr1088

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2015
Rhode Island
Great job. If love to hear the details and any additional build photos. I have a new untouched powder coated 1550p waiting to be something
Thanks. I mean it's pretty simple. I used a Mamu faceplate and shaved about a mm off the front and mounted it to the inside. Then used the classic keystone battery holder but trimmed down as much as possible. And then 2 corners of the box opposite the chip you have too cut the corners out under the screw holes. Basically everything under where the magnet sits I cut out to let the battery sled go into the corners.

I can sell you one and you can take all the pics you want [emoji51]

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Thanks. I mean it's pretty simple. I used a Mamu faceplate and shaved about a mm off the front and mounted it to the inside. Then used the classic keystone battery holder but trimmed down as much as possible. And then 2 corners of the box opposite the chip you have too cut the corners out under the screw holes. Basically everything under where the magnet sits I cut out to let the battery sled go into the corners.

I can sell you one and you can take all the pics you want [emoji51]

That was a good idea! In the 1590G I built the lower right corner post made it a tight squeeze for the battery, not enough to harm but it is on the tight side. We should suggest to those guys who make and sell the CNC hammond style boxes to make them that way, that would help with some builds.

You did a nice job, I'd be proud of that one! :thumbs:

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Has anyone removed the stock 510 from a Hana DNA30 clone? I've got two I want to replace the 510's in and I'm not sure if they are screwed in or glued. I'll be drilling and tapping new holes so a little buggering up won't be the end of the world but I'd rather figure out the correct way to remove them so when I get ready to locate the hole for drilling I don't have a hogged out mess to work off from.

Reactions: X-Puppy

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
morning, steamer ;) and careful! bottoms need covers! :laugh: ;)

Sexy_Canadian_Girl.jpg

Thanks. Tibs She's. Got a thong. On its. Hard to see In the shadow.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Has anyone removed the stock 510 from a Hana DNA30 clone? I've got two I want to replace the 510's in and I'm not sure if they are screwed in or glued. I'll be drilling and tapping new holes so a little buggering up won't be the end of the world but I'd rather figure out the correct way to remove them so when I get ready to locate the hole for drilling I don't have a hogged out mess to work off from.
They're press-fit. I drilled a hole in a piece of 2x4 and placed the box with the 510 over the hole. I used a punch and a 3lb hammer to tap it out and the 510 drops into the hole. I put some duct tape on the punch where it's close to the bottom edge of the box so it wouldn't mar it.

Thanks. Tibs She's. Got a thong. On its. Hard to see In the shadow.
I looked carefully and it's still hard to see :evil:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Everything is done, FINALLY! I milled the buttons this afternoon and that was a finicky job. Working with round aluminum that small to file it down to fit was time consuming. I did a test assembly, board in the enclosure with buttons installed, display plugged in and a battery clipped to the board. Everything works fine. I can't say I'm a fan of the onboard fire button on the DNA40 though, but it does work and that's what counts.

Finished parts -

You can see the guide rails for the board/battery contact sled and the cleat to fasten it into the enclosure. The bottom cap is the one with the brass contact on the door. Right now the back half of the atty cutout is installed and waiting for the JB weld to dry. I'll put it together for actual use tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me. I've also got to install the battery tube, but will use silicon adhesive for that.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Everything is done, FINALLY! I milled the buttons this afternoon and that was a finicky job. Working with round aluminum that small to file it down to fit was time consuming. I did a test assembly, board in the enclosure with buttons installed, display plugged in and a battery clipped to the board. Everything works fine. I can't say I'm a fan of the onboard fire button on the DNA40 though, but it does work and that's what counts.

Finished parts -

You can see the guide rails for the board/battery contact sled and the cleat to fasten it into the enclosure. The bottom cap is the one with the brass contact on the door. Right now the back half of the atty cutout is installed and waiting for the JB weld to dry. I'll put it together for actual use tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me. I've also got to install the battery tube, but will use silicon adhesive for that.

Wow Wow Wow! That is some nice work mister! You've got a little time in that one don't you?! I'm so impressed, I'd like to think I could, but I'm not so sure I could have done that, I know it wouldn't be anywhere as nice that's for sure! When you get it up and running you won't be able to set it down, I couldn't put first one down. :thumbs::thumb::thumbs:

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States

Finished parts -

That's some awesome work!

Sent from The Truck O shop

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
:thumbs:

with that much talent i just send my templates to awsum :laugh:

Template? What's a template? I did that off a rough sketch and a lot of fooling and re-doing. I have four top caps and three 510 decks left over, all of which are going in the trash.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
So any tips for getting the back off the BRD box? Lol. I finally got it completely in after sanding the bottom nubby down. Now I can't get it slid off because the top is sitting flush and can't get anything in there to push it down

not even a dental pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread