Mini vivi nova help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
Picked up my Mini Vivi Nova last night and had the same experience at first go. Read through the previous posts and it was all the above.

1) Clean it! There is definitely some kind of manufacturer residue in the wick and on the coil. So it's a good idea to dry burn (no liquid in the tank) the coil until it stops smoking. Regarding the wick, remove the head, wash it throughly and let it dry. If you're eager to start using it right away, after a 1/2 a tank the funk is pretty much gone.
2) Compared to other tanks the Mini appears to be more picky regarding voltage. I'm running my eGo-C Twist at around 3.6. Any higher it'll get burnt, any lower it'll get funky. If you don't have an adjustable voltage battery, your only resort is to try the different resistance coils/wicks that is provided in the box. They are there to fine tune the performance for non-adjustable systems.
3) (edit: Removed solution 3 due to recent finding listed in following post)

Last edited:

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
Well, I thought I had nipped in the ...... But apparently not... It's as if the wick was not getting enough juice to the coil...

So after further investigation, it turned out to be the rubber cap on the tip of the head is too long! When you put the mouth piece on it presses on the rubber cap to a point it pinches the wick to where it's restricting the fluid flow to the coil.

The fix:
Pull the rubber cap off and trim about a 1/32" off the bottom and put it back on.

Oh baby! This is nice!

Last edited:

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
Well...I'm done...even though my mod helped get rid of some of burnt wick taste, you still notice a slight hint. I've tried thick and thin fluids with no success.

I love the tank design but dont care for the wick design. Unlike the regular Vivi Nova that has a single wick the Mini consist of 4 smaller wicks. It appears two of the wicks are wrapped with the coil and the others are just laying on the top and the bottom of the coil. It appears that the smaller wick design just can't handle the heat so it burns even at the lowest voltage (3.2 on my eGo Twist) with the lowest available resistance coil. Also, it just doesn't wick all that well, sometimes the first hit is good if you let it sit for 30 mins but that's it.

My next tank will definitely be a full size Vivi Nova. My wife is running one and its extremely nice.

tacedeous

Moved On
Jun 17, 2012
BayArea
  • Deleted by Valsacar

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hi Tavic, You did good. Your mini was not put together correctly. My first attempt at wraping a wire around some cotton didn't go well either- I wrapped the wire to tight and ended up getting dry hits. I believe, with any of this stuff, one small detail being a little out of spec. can completely change the outcome. The wicks work quite well in most devices, and i can actually drain my mini to the bottom with no problems. Someone actually posted a picture of two Vision clearomizers almost empty, that his wife was happily using, to show how well they wick.

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
My wife picked me up a regular Vivi Nova for a Christmas and mentioned that she had some trouble with the local shop because they couldn't find one like hers.

Well, after a comparison it appears she had a Mini the entire time. Her's uses the same wick as the standard, my mini uses a much shorter one and the standard wick is way too tall for it.

I guess she has a 1st gen mini?

Left to Right:
Standard, wife's mini, my mini

etusu8ej.jpg

Last edited:

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
I hated my Novas right off the bat for the same reason but they turned into my favorites once I let the juice sit in them for awhile. Seems right off the bat they burn but it you let the juice marinate in there they hit like a dream.. I got 5 carto tanks and a few Kanger style clearos and my Nova is my favorite..

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
I loved my wife's Nova which got me hooked. As you can tell from my previous posts, the latest version of the mini is rather disappointing no matter what I tried.
I'm going to hang on to it in the meantime to give it a month a so to let the latest run of wicks to make their way through the stores and hope that VISION's next batch of wicks will be a lot better.

(I've tried all three wicks that came in the box and two replacements right off the shelf with no luck on my mini.)

I do have to say that I am loving the standard that I now have as I did with my wife's. :D

Last edited:

FloridaNoob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Holiday, Florida
I never tried the Mini, I went right to the full sized Nova. I guess because I wanted something I could use for a couple of days w/o having to add more juice. That being said I wouldn't mind picking up an extra one to have an alternate flavor in it. I got my novas 2 months ago, and I am still on the original heads. Though I do alternate between the 1.8 & 2.4 while they dry. I don't know why some people end up going thru a lot more of them than I do. Maybe it is because I am not using VV, just a normal Ego bat, and I clean them regularly, like 2-3 times a week, depending on flavors. If I am switching flavors I rinse it with hot tap water, pat dry and then dry burn it. switch heads, and let the wicks dry properly. My suggestion, Spend the 15 bucks and get full sized nova. you can use those extra heads from the mini on it. That will probably solve your issues. LOL

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
That's the thing, the new style mini (mine) wicks won't work in the full size tank because they're too short.

The old style mini (wife's) wicks will work because it uses the same wick as the full size tank.

The best way I can describe the new style mini wicks is that they're rather similar to CE4 wicks in size.

Speaking of CE4s, the new style mini wicks will work in a CE4 tank (but still has the same burnt wick taste issue) but the CE4 wick won't work in a new style mini tank :screwy:

Last edited:

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
I loved my wife's Nova which got me hooked. As you can tell from my previous posts, the latest version of the mini is rather disappointing no matter what I tried.
I'm going to hang on to it in the meantime to give it a month a so to let the latest run of wicks to make their way through the stores and hope that VISION's next batch of wicks will be a lot better.

(I've tried all three wicks that came in the box and two replacements right off the shelf with no luck on my mini.)

I do have to say that I am loving the standard that I now have as I did with my wife's. :D

I don't think your mini is made by vision, or it's not the current model, anyway. I haven't seen those vertical line grips on the caps before.

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
I don't think your mini is made by vision, or it's not the current model, anyway. I haven't seen those vertical line grips on the caps before.

I'm not sure what to think...

The mini my wife bought was a loose one they had in the display case.

The mini I bought came in the typical black box the Vivi is expected to come in along with the two optional resistant wicks. The standard Vivi I got as a Christmas present came the same way, black box with two optional resistant wicks.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
I'm not sure what to think...

The mini my wife bought was a loose one they had in the display case.

The mini I bought came in the typical black box the Vivi is expected to come in along with the two optional resistant wicks. The standard Vivi I got as a Christmas present came the same way, black box with two optional resistant wicks.

All the vivi novas I've seen come that way, whether they're made by vision or not. I actually prefer a knock off, the one sold by steam monkey, to the "real thing". I think the heads are designed and made better than vision's. Not all knock offs are created equally, though.

I had a two day break in period with mine. Awful taste, no flavor, burned hits. I thinned the juice to 60p/40v, now it works great, love love love. Vmaxx 2.4 ohms @ 3.3 volts; Ego Twist 2.4 ohms @ 4.3 or higher. Works great. There is absolutely a break in, two tanks worth in my case but that was when i had a thicker juice. After thinning the juice, no issues, great flavor, great vapor.

V1SCER4L

Dec 28, 2012
Westminster, MA
yea your def doing something wrong, i have heads 6 weeks old now still taste fine.

I have the 2.0mL tank and I've had the head in since I got it (2 months) and it's just like the day it came out of the box. I bought extra heads when i bought the tank and they and the spare two that came with it are hiding in the box somewhere. lil bugger won't die.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
I bought two full size novas back in the early summer. They were the best thing since sliced bread. I ordered a new one earlier this month because I managed to bend the connections on my others by dropping them. They still work but sit at an angle. This new one will not wick for s#%@....I may try trimming these rubber caps like someone earlier mentioned...I was using novas exclusively for almost 4-5 months with little to no issues and now this new one is pissing me off. lol this would be considered one of those "first world problems" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread