Mini vivi nova help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave76

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Wichita Falls TX
I loved my wife's Nova which got me hooked. As you can tell from my previous posts, the latest version of the mini is rather disappointing no matter what I tried.
I'm going to hang on to it in the meantime to give it a month a so to let the latest run of wicks to make their way through the stores and hope that VISION's next batch of wicks will be a lot better.
Based on your description of the wicks and your picture, you don't have a VISION mini vivi nova. You have a couple of clones. It won't do much good to wait on Vision as you don't seem to have Vision products. Vision uses 4 wicks on the 1.8 and 2.4 ohm heads, one larger wick on the 2.8 ohm head. Also, the ohms will be etched on the head; if there's no etching, it's not Vision.

Your wife's is definitely a clone as the drip tip is removable from the VISION min vivi nova. The knurling on the Vision mini looks like the knurling on your wife's. Yours has the wrong knurling for a Vision. Also, the Vision does not stamp "Vivi Nova" on the tank. I don't own a standard Vivi Nova so I'm not sure what you have there.

I suggest that you try a Vision mini vivi nova before passing final judgment. All mini novas look very similar and tend to get lumped together in reviews. There really is a difference in the manufacturer. Vision novas aren't perfect but they don't have many of the problems associated with the clones.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I just got my mini nova clone with etched heads and had dry hits burnt taste too... so since I had experience
, I did it on my stardust ce4 , I took it apart , thought the grommet was burning but it wasn't I did cut it flush with the bat post though. The problem seems to be the coil was too tight on the wick. Took one wrap out of it to loosen up and that helped. Think notching the top cap would help too. I also added a flavor wick strand on top like I did with my star dust cause it really helped with the flavor and keeping it wet. Much better now but still not as good as I had my month old stardust running.

I'm a firm believer in flavor wicks 2 seem best going upwards in the tank so they naturally wick down. Doubled the flavor in my ce4. Will need to notch or trim the top cap just right but major improvement

Make sure you study up before messing with the coil. No prob for me but I'm a jack of all trades.

Tavic

Dec 2, 2012
Somewhere
Based on your description of the wicks and your picture, you don't have a VISION mini vivi nova. You have a couple of clones. It won't do much good to wait on Vision as you don't seem to have Vision products. Vision uses 4 wicks on the 1.8 and 2.4 ohm heads, one larger wick on the 2.8 ohm head. Also, the ohms will be etched on the head; if there's no etching, it's not Vision.

Your wife's is definitely a clone as the drip tip is removable from the VISION min vivi nova. The knurling on the Vision mini looks like the knurling on your wife's. Yours has the wrong knurling for a Vision. Also, the Vision does not stamp "Vivi Nova" on the tank. I don't own a standard Vivi Nova so I'm not sure what you have there.

I suggest that you try a Vision mini vivi nova before passing final judgment. All mini novas look very similar and tend to get lumped together in reviews. There really is a difference in the manufacturer. Vision novas aren't perfect but they don't have many of the problems associated with the clones.

Each if the wicks have the ohms etched into them and they do have the 4 individual wicks. I finally had a chance to take the wife's apart too and her's has the the 4 individual wicks as well, so that was an oversite on my end.

The knurling is starting to show up all over the place now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread