Status
Not open for further replies.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Here's everyone's laugh for the day.

I decided to try to rebuild a stock vertical coil. (Zpal Helios 2, if anyone's interested, sent to me to review, loved it, no way I'm gonna pay their coil price tho...anyway, on with the story)

The first one was great for a tank or two, then started having issues. I thot cool, not bad at all for a first try, let's go again...second one I used more cotton, was worse, so I ripped it out and tried a 3rd time...took so much care and love into wrapping the cotton strands just perfectly around my coil, all that jazz...realized belatedly my leg was a bit short, I forgot these buggers are longer than my kanger memories led me to assume...y'all see where this is going, right?

Long story made short... I brilliantly decided I could make it work... Primed it, gazed at it, admired my handiwork, took a hit and...DIED

Has anyone ever told you that burned silicone tastes like the south end of a northbound mule? They lied....it's worse

I'm sitting here typing this laughing at myself, vaping my dripper like crazy to kill the taste that's still in my throat, and yet still actually somewhat wishing for a burned cotton hit to take the silicone nasties away. Now THAT'S one I'm sure you've never heard before, wishing for a dry hit...

Enjoy peeps, I'm laughing at myself so the misery just had to be spread for yall -- call it today's daily funnies courtesy of yours truly :)

Reactions: NoFumus

DrWoolyCloud

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2015
Well back in my beginning coil building days, I just set up a twisted 26g dual coil build and used a lot of cotton and even tucked a bunch under the coil so it wicks well with long hits,

I was in such a rush because I was trying to impress my friend and blow a huge cloud, that I threw my drippers cap on (without dripping)

And took a huge painful inhale.......

LAST TIME I EVER DO THAT!!

My throat was on fire for about an hour, I burnt all of the cotton out of the thing and actually blew smoke out of my lungs ..

My friend won't let me live that down... I have a picture of the rda right after that happen but can't seem to find it... If I find it I will surely upload.

I have also went to vape a dripper with no cap on it on accident and burnt my lip..

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Burnt cotton - twisted two twisted strands, ohms were above 0.3 or I would have rewrapped the coil, didn't do a dry fire, wicked and primed after installing and ohm checking it.... Went to vape it, terrible.... Took the rda cap off, wick was still soaked, so I fire it with the cap off, with a wet wick, the coil glows almost immediately, but only one wrap of it.... Ripped it out and did another one....
Before I got into rebuilding, I had an aspire tank that had dual coil heads and vertical coil heads (around the time the protank 3 was coming out).... Normally when I changed the coils, I'd put it in and let it sit for a few hours and use my protank mini, but for some reason I didn't have my protank with me, got distracted after putting the aspire coil in and forgot I just put a new coil in that wasnt primed yet.... That was worse than the one coil glow one a wet wick burnt cotton....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread