Not open for further replies.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Hi :)
I was thinking of getting this mod (mech)
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1410801
This would be my first mech and I have looked at them but this one seems a little different in the fact that the spring is in the atomizer portion of the mod and not in the portion of the mod where the firing pin is (which seems to be the usual deal).
My question is, should I always assume that the negative end of the batt always faces the spring.
If so the batt loaded in this mod would be opposite to how it is normally loaded.
Its a pedestrian question I know..but if in doubt, I never make assumptions, especially not about something I'm going to stick a 2amp batt in.
Thanks much :)

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
All I can tell you is that it looks like a gastight metal tube. This is not a good idea even with one battery as they can occasionally overheat due to a fault. It might be OK if you drill gas vent holes near the top end.

You should never put two batts in series in something like this, it's a pipe bomb.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
It looks like it has a bottom button on it. If you're not used to a bottom firing mod, that might feel a bit awkward to you for a while.

The location of the negative spring doesn't matter so much for most applications. Attys/Cartos typically don't care which way the electricity is flowing through them. It makes no difference if it's coming from the left or the right, since we're dealing with pretty simple heating circuits.

But keep in mind what Roly said, it really should have some sort of ventilation somewhere.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
That is a good point Xaiver - I didn't notice that they probably want you to put the battery in backwards. It doesn't matter to the operation of the circuit but it has major implications for safety.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337497-warning-battery-reverse-polarity-apvs.html

If that's what they intend then you are better off avoiding something made by people who don't have a clue what they are doing. A gastight metal pipe, advertised as being for two batteries in series, with the batteries inserted reversed, is about as crazy as you can get. They are about 4 years behind the curve in design, and this device is inherently dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread