Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I actually love the ones I have with clocks especially when I’m out walking the dogs.

I don’t know about other mods but with vaporesso mods like Revenger series, Polar and Luxe that if you remove and replace one battery at a time the clock stays on.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Okay so I bought a Modefined Draco 200W the other day because it was on sale cheap. When it goes into standby it has this giant clock displayed. It actually keeps the correct time even when I take the batteries out, kind of like how a PC keeps time when it's switched off. I don't need it but it looks good and I guess it could be useful if you forget to wear your watch.

Of course if we're going to talk about useless features let's mention the annoying puff counter. I mean who cares if I've taken 97851 vapes since I bought a device. It's irrelevant, I might vape more or less depending on my mood but that cheesy puff counter feels like some horrible ration plan I've signed up for.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Okay so I bought a Modefined Draco 200W the other day because it was on sale cheap. When it goes into standby it has this giant clock displayed. It actually keeps the correct time even when I take the batteries out, kind of like how a PC keeps time when it's switched off. I don't need it but it looks good and I guess it could be useful if you forget to wear your watch.

Of course if we're going to talk about useless features let's mention the annoying puff counter. I mean who cares if I've taken 97851 vapes since I bought a device. It's irrelevant, I might vape more or less depending on my mood but that cheesy puff counter feels like some horrible ration plan I've signed up for.

I'm going to be giggling about this the rest of the day, The Weight Watchers diet vape plan, for vapers cutting back on their consumption!

Hahaha

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I like the puff counter on the mods that have them, as long as it doesn't reset itself. It gives me a good idea of how well the mod has held up. 100K puffs is a good benchmark of a decent quality mod, sort of like an odometer!

Shadowtao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Over There

Yes! I've been vaping for years and never cared about how many puffs I've taken.
Might be helpful if the coders actually got input from us here. Dummies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yes! I've been vaping for years and never cared about how many puffs I've taken.
Might be helpful if the coders actually got input from us here. Dummies.
Same here. But it is truly valuable information when it comes to how long a charge lasts and how long a coil lasts. Stating in hours and days is virtually worthless information which people without puff counters generally use. :D

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Clocks ok but I'm really hanging out for a mod with a mobile phone integration.
Text whilst you toke :banana:
Come on Smok, we're waiting.

...they sorta have it. I have the Smok epipe that allows you to check/change settings on your phone via bluetooth. If you're really that bad for one... take an apple watch apart, cut a hole in the box mod, and put the apple watch innards in it. you might have to soldier the buttons to the buttons on the mod though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I thought I would love mods with clocks but I don't. Mainly because they are h huge battery hogs, and I rarely look at my mod's time anyway.

I also prefer watches but I need a new one, because mine is dead and the kind I get are so cheap, it's probably cheaper than replacing the battery. I will say I miss when EVERYONE wore watches and you could ask them the time and if they were holding fries and beverage and POOF.

Not that I have ever done such a thing. But I have seen it done, and I will admit that it was entertaining to witness, not gonna lie.

Oh no I'm a good old days woman that is for sure.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I do appreciate mods with a clock. Should I be undecided on which of two mods should I buy, I go for the one with a clock.

Internal battery mods make a natural choice for clocks. Few other external battery types takes a better engineering approach with an internal clock backup battery, like the the Yihi G class, or the Smok G Priv (Smok removed the clock and the backup battery on the G priv 2).

I have seen many cheap clocks lately. A proper clock requires the use of a quartz crystal for a stable reference frequency.

The crystal cost less than 10¢ and guarantees a time deviation of 1 minute / year in the worst case.

Nonetheless, the vape mods like Smoant and some Joyetech uses an RC oscillator or the microprocessor clock frequency as a time base, which accuracy is one minute - or more-- per day.

That kind of wildly imprecise clocks are not just useless, they are outright dangerous, just like the compass in the smartphones.

I carry the vape devices in places where I don't have my trusty wristwatch or my phone. Hence this is why I want a precise clock on my vape devices.

I am just disappointed with Dicodes, who do not include a clock in their devices - so they can keep with their unique zero standby current design.

On the other hand - Evolv has the most precise quartz clock in their vape mods, and some Yihi devices (if they still trade).

Smok made some very good devices with precise clock at one time, like the R80, but they since retreated into cheap average devices, leaving innovation to others... so no more good clocks from them (and pretty much anything else, I may say).

To conclude. Better not having a clock on a mod, if it isn't precise. Imprecise clocks are indicator of rushed, ported, or sloppy device design, and are a potential danger.

And, a precise clock on a vape mod, is generally an indicator of quality design, and is a feature which I welcome.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Err um ... I'm a watch collector and a man of my times, so thank you muchly but not for me!

Given the trend we have had of late with new members reporting in, nay striving to outdo eachother with new, strange and mysterious ailments ... here's mine - Watch Collector's Wrist caused by never knowingly having omitted to wear a watch for 56 years!

watchcollectorswrist.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I though I would love mods with clocks, and they'd be all useful and whatever.

I never look at them, and I never go through the procedure of HAVING them set right. I was disappointed in myself.

I am a watch girl if anything. I need to get another watch. I tend to break them. I also tend to buy cheap ones from Target or wherever because I resent the COST of knowing the time, and like, so maybe they just break. Whatever. Either way I have to get another one soon.

My favorite was this sort of apple shaped watch that hung from a bracelet on a chain. It was also super cheap, but it made for a great fidget spinner. Unfortunately I react to non precious metals so the thing not only gave me a green stain, it also gave me a rash.

I should scour the internet for something like it made of something better. Because it was the best... While it lasted.

If I want a mod that happens to have a clock I will get it. But I recognize for me, it's just a useless battery drain.

Anna

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Just buy a Casio F91W Anna - costs sweetie money runs for up to 10 years on one battery and it's so cheap you throw it away when the strap breaks after about 7 years ... AND it was worn by both Obama and Bin Laden so you could say it has universal appeal ... just be careful going through US Immigration wearing one!

No matter how many "good" watches we have, all watch collectors have at least one of these!

casio.jpg

Apologies from the Naughty Corner for going off topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread