The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mom & pop - is this what you call customer service?

Discussion in 'Mom and Pop Vapor Shop' started by moishesmom, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    A man after my own heart!! Love it!

2. HawkeyeFLA

HawkeyeFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
    I knew you would. I know we've talked about MASH before. Did I ever show you the post on here about how I came to choose Hawkeye as my online handle?

3. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    I know you mentioned it, but not sure if you ever linked to the particular post. But I remember you did say that you being Hawkeye on here was in honor of MASH.

4. HawkeyeFLA

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
  5. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    That's really kewl!! But do ya have a still set up in your living room?? lol

6. HawkeyeFLA

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
    I'm working on that. Actually I plan to at least start home brew of beer and maybe DIY of juice ... similar concept at least. :)

7. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    You can keep the beer, but the DIY juice sounds good. I'm tempted, but just not ready to try that at the moment. Poor mom and pop, we're turnin their thread into a MASH thread. That's what they get for sleepin huh!! lol

ETA: Gonna go watch some more MASH on dvd. Sweet dreams whenever ya head that way.

8. HawkeyeFLA

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
    I grew up in Germany. Beer is a major part of my life. :) I need to get around to getting the DVD set. I had about half of them at one point ... but money issues arose and I had to sell them. Ah well. Life goes on.

9. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Internet feed. Whoever's covering them will have live streams and/or barely delayed streams of whatever isn't on the air, and then reruns of what they aired, at the very least ;)

10. HawkeyeFLA

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
    Subtle change to my signature. :)

11. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    I was told that to watch them online, you have to be able to log in with whatever log in you use for your cable/satellite provider. In other words, if you don't have cable/satellite, you're SOL online. If this isn't so, can you link where exactly online they can be watched?? I imagine I might could see some that are on the local channels online, but I figured the ones on the cable channels I couldn't.

Love the new siggy Hawk!!! Col Potter would be proud!!

12. Muldemar

Muldemar Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2012
    Frostbite Falls,MN
    That would stink Deb..Im lucky cable is included with my rent..
    Nice siggy Hawk..Henry Blake and Radar..would like it too:)

13. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    That is nice Mul. I do have pretty cheap rent 425.00 for a 2 bdrm. I've been here 10 yrs and it hasn't gone up in all that time, so nothing is included except water. I live in a trailer park, but I'm the only apt in here, so all the rest pay water too.

14. Muldemar

Apr 9, 2012
    Frostbite Falls,MN
    Almost a new month..time to make out my list..YUM..BRM.. Tobacco haze..and......... so many choices:p

15. pwyll

I've never had to. Just went to ESPN and ABC.com and followed the links. I have no idea who's covering them this year, though, as I don't have TV and so I neither see commercials nor bother to keep up with what's on where...

Once I get to work and have time, I'll do a google search for "olympics coverage" and post some links for you.

16. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
  17. HawkeyeFLA

May 2, 2012
    Clermont, FL
    I know media is a business that needs to make money ... but the Olympics belong to each and every citizen on this planet ... one shouldn't have got go through hoops to be able to watch them. Ah well. I have my ways of getting the opening ceremony. That's all that really matters in the end. Other than that I just keep tabs on the medal counts and the like. I will watch Football if I happen to see it playing, but that's about it.

18. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Thanks dude. That's pretty much what I was finding. A few highlights and backstories, but actual events not so much.

I love the olympics! y'all wouldn't even see me hardly for 2 weeks if I could watch em. Maybe when they were doing weightlifting. lol Not so fond of that one. Oh well, there's always next time. If they don't do tv like they did cigs in the next 2-4 years!

19. pwyll

Watch the Olympics Online - Wired How-To Wiki

NBC has acquired exclusive US broadcast rights and decided to restrict live online coverage in the United States to people who can prove they subscribe to one of their cable channels (an interesting position to take since they claim to support the free OTA broadcasting in which the network itself still engages). Wired.com shows you how to get around that restriction through proxy servers...

:)

20. Muldemar

Apr 9, 2012
    Frostbite Falls,MN
    It's a new era at NBC. Gone is the old ownership structure, with cable TV giant Comcast now calling the shots...
    This explains ALOT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.