• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

More Government agencies are involved in apprehending vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Grand Line
Since the last week of December last year till now,
I found out through first-hand/friends that at least 4 different local suppliers for juice/suppliers have closed their businesses or just disappeared... (got some friends who already paid for their stuff but never received them.)

the local authorities must really don't like us local vapers...
Many were closed down. I bought some stuff from a supplier and made payment, next day the site is down but luckily he did sent out the items to me, lucky me :)

TheBoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
The Dot
I'm curious, from what i know, the law is against any form of trade of e-ciggs. I've tried searching for any other policies or something that prevents the use and possession and couldn't find anything. I've also come across a thread where a foreigner seeks the advice of a local law firm in bringing in and using his PV on a holiday and they've stated that only the importing of the device would be legal. On what grounds do these idiots fine and/or confiscate the device of someone for vaping?

If anyone has a link to a site or article where such a law (Banning the possession and use of a PV) is stated please send it to me. I would like to be enlightened.

Chewing gum has the same exact ban over here. But they don't fine anyone for consuming it if they already have somehow managed to bring it in. Seems to me they are trying their luck with those that are unaware of the law.

Hoseiliao

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Singapore
Quote from HSA website;

"In Singapore, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) are currently prohibited under Secion 16 (1) of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act, which is enforced by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA). This legislation prohibits the importation, distribution, sale or offer for sale of any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products. HSA takes a serious view on any person who contravenes the law. Those guilty of the offence are liable to a fine of up to $5, 000 upon conviction."

Electronic addiction: Facts about e-cigarettes
'The electronic cigarette, or e-cigarette, is touted as the healthier alternative to cigarettes by its manufacturers. However, WHO has never officially endorsed e-cigarettes!
E-cigarettes are devices made to resemble real cigarettes.
An e-cigarette consists of a mouthpiece , a heating element, a rechargeable battery and is activated with a cartridge which contains a liquid chemical mixture. The liquid chemical mixture is composed of nicotine (a highly addictive substance found in cigarettes), propylene glycol (a known irritant when inhaled or ingested) and may also contain many other harmful chemicals found in conventional cigarettes. An e-cigarette also has a LED light at the end of the device which lights up to simulate the process of combustion when the smoker inhales.
As the user inhales through the e-cigarette, a heating element powered by a rechargeable battery is activated and vaporises the liquid chemical mixture, generating a fine heated mist.
The fine mist generated contains nicotine that is inhaled and absorbed into the user s lungs.
Some marketers of e-cigarettes have claimed that their product is an effective nicotine replacement therapy and a smoking cessation aid endorsed by the World Health Organizations (WHO).However, WHO had issued a press statement in September 2008 stating that it does not support e-cigarettes as a legitimate therapy to help smokers quit as there is a lack of conclusive scientific evidence to substantiate the efficacy, safety and quality of e-cigarettes. WHO also called on marketers of e-cigarettes to immediately stop the unproved claims on e-cigarettes.
Electronic cigarettes have so far been proven to be neither safe nor effective in helping smokers quit. More research still needs to be done to establish the usefulness of e-cigarettes to help people quit smoking.
Although e-cigarettes do not contain some of the harmful substances found in normal cigarettes, this does not mean that they are entirely harmless. The nicotine present still poses a health risk to users.
Users may still develop a dependence or addiction to nicotine by inhaling the fine nicotine mist produced by e-cigarettes.
Imitation tobacco products such as electronic cigarettes are prohibited by law. For more information on imitation products, please click here."

Think they made their stance pretty clear there, its just that its all based on WHO studies which was as far back as 2008. And although they don't mention PVs ... PVs are e cigarettes like it or not.

TheBoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
The Dot
Quote from HSA website;

This legislation prohibits the importation, distribution, sale or offer for sale of any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.

Yep, this is the law im talking about. Where does it say the possession and use of the product is prohibited as well?

Edit : The rest of the article is just lame advice (or propaganda) that we don't really need to know. It is not an actual prohibition on the use of e-cigarettes.

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Yep, this is the law im talking about. Where does it say the possession and use of the product is prohibited as well?

Edit : The rest of the article is just lame advice (or propaganda) that we don't really need to know. It is not an actual prohibition on the use of e-cigarettes.

You are welcome to test the law.

Jett1980s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Mount Vapeus
Let them spend more of our tax money on pointless bull.... like that... they cannot contain that which they cannot see nor catch, to which friends and families are exposed to, word spreads out there, the sooner more people start to realize vaping is actually good, and start asking questions, then we'll see what happens from there, these childish tactics hold no value to people who know where and when to vape.

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Ok let me give you the low down on this. IF you are caught in the streets by the enforcement contractors, they can issue you a summon and/or issue you with a writ to assist in investigations. During the investigation process, they are likely to ask you where did you get it from. If you say you got it from overseas, you're screwed. If you say you got it locally, you would be ask to produce documentary proof that you really did get it locally but in that process, you would have ratted on your supplier. However, if you cannot produce proof that you gotten it locally, then it is safe for them to assume that you got it overseas since these stuff cannot be obtained locally through legal means.

Since you mentioned the exact wording of the law, you can hire a lawyer and have your day in court. But then you would have to proof beyond reasonable doubt that PVs are not a) imitation tobacco products, b) objects that do not resemble or look like tobacco products & c) E-juice is not a tobacco substitute.

Good luck trying to overturn Chapter 309.

Disclaimer: I do not work for any of these enforcement contractors nor agencies governing PVs. The above is a logical deduction of the chain of events that might happened to an individual when they are caught with their pants down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread