More Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm looking real hard at the Geekvape Aegis due to it's toughness, But this will be my first mod and I do tend to be rough on stuff, I work for my self in a custom saddle and gun leather shop I own, hence the need for durability and single battery is not an issue.
But I need some thing that will give me thick vapor as I was a serious cigar smoker and I miss the cigars most, I know nothing about the wattage thing as it applies to vaping and have no idea what wattage I might tend to vape at. Currently using my little Kanger SubVod the most and it is ok at best. Am I looking in the right direction with the Aegis ?
What say ye' vape guru's ?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Ok, I'm looking real hard at the Geekvape Aegis due to it's toughness, But this will be my first mod and I do tend to be rough on stuff, I work for my self in a custom saddle and gun leather shop I own, hence the need for durability and single battery is not an issue.
But I need some thing that will give me thick vapor as I was a serious cigar smoker and I miss the cigars most, I know nothing about the wattage thing as it applies to vaping and have no idea what wattage I might tend to vape at. Currently using my little Kanger SubVod the most and it is ok at best. Am I looking in the right direction with the Aegis ?
I don’t own that mod but after seeing some reviews it is the toughest most durable mod made. As far as what watts you’d vape at I’m pretty sure it will have you covered. The reason most of us buy the 150-200+ watt mods is not because we vape at those wattages, it’s because they have better battery life. I think 90% of us vape under 100 watts. With the right tank/coil you can get monster clouds and flavor vaping at 40-50 watts so the aegis can provide the power. I’m not familiar with your tank but if you are looking for a new tank also just check out the appropriate subforum and research or just ask the folks there for a recommendation and provide them with what exactly your looking for.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I own the Aegis and Aegis Legend and they are both the toughest devices I have owned. They both work great. If you like a thicker vape you can go with a higher VG liquid. The tank is personal preference. I use several different tanks so the vapor varies.
Hth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are concerned about battery life and you are moving toward the sub0hm direction (the Crown Uwell original is a great tank, by the way, based on how much I see it recommended) you could get the Legend kit, it's a two battery mod and will give you more battery life during the day. By all appearances and reviews, the legend is as tough as the original 1 battery version. Depending on your wattage needs with a single battery mod, well, you may have to carry some spare batteries but many folks find that not to be an issue. Make sure they are stored in silicone cases, and as summer approaches, be sure they can be stored in a cool place.

But, I think either mod COULD meet your needs it just depends if you want two batteries inside the mod, or a couple spares with you.

Best of luck,

Anna

If you are concerned about battery life and you are moving toward the sub0hm direction (the Crown Uwell original is a great tank, by the way, based on how much I see it recommended) you could get the Legend kit, it's a two battery mod and will give you more battery life during the day. By all appearances and reviews, the legend is as tough as the original 1 battery version. Depending on your wattage needs with a single battery mod, well, you may have to carry some spare batteries but many folks find that not to be an issue. Make sure they are stored in silicone cases, and as summer approaches, be sure they can be stored in a cool place.

But, I think either mod COULD meet your needs it just depends if you want two batteries inside the mod, or a couple spares with you.

Best of luck,

Anna
I just saw the legend for the first time last night, I'm going to look close at that one.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That is the one I'm getting.
You might like all three coil options since you change up your af up. 1.2Ω was too tight for me to enjoy but found the .5Ω good for a cool flavorful vape, and used the .2Ω if I got a hankering for a dessert vape (like those warmer).

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I'm looking at a crown tank, I am a MTL type but have been doing DL a little, I figure I can experement with tips.

I am a MTL type also... I love Aegis... it is not tiny nor huge mod that gives you great feel when holding in hand... it is not slippery or cold as some other mods are... the only thing I could complain is that it is a little too heavy to keep it let's say in t-shirt pocket and on sunny condition screen is hard to read.

My favorite tank is hands down Siren 2 but it is RTA so you would have to build your own coils and wicking... for MTL with drop in coils most of the time I use 2 nautilus2 tanks and sporadically some other MTL tanks.

I have three DTL tanks for occasional DTL "fun" and Uwell Crown (original) is my absolute favorite... in fact it is the only one I can comfortable use.

I am a MTL type also... I love Aegis... it is not tiny nor huge mod that gives you great feel when holding in hand... it is not slippery or cold as some other mods are... the only thing I could complain is that it is a little too heavy to keep it let's say in t-shirt pocket and on sunny condition screen is hard to read.

My favorite tank is hands down Siren 2 but it is RTA so you would have to build your own coils and wicking... for MTL with drop in coils most of the time I use 2 nautilus2 tanks and sporadically some other MTL tanks.

I have three DTL tanks for occasional DTL "fun" and Uwell Crown (original) is my absolute favorite... in fact it is the only one I can comfortable use.
Good info there ! Most of the time i'm in my shop so it will be setting on a work bentch, but since I work with leather I'll make a belt pouch for when I'm out fishing and such.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You might like all three coil options since you change up your af up. 1.2Ω was too tight for me to enjoy but found the .5Ω good for a cool flavorful vape, and used the .2Ω if I got a hankering for a dessert vape (like those warmer).
The original Crown tank comes with a 0.12 nickel coil for Temp Control, and a 0.25 ohm and a 0.5 ohm stainless steel coil for wattage mode. You can also purchase separately the 1.2 ohm stainless steel coils. I think it would be best to start out with the 1.2 ohm coils in the beginning, and try the other coils later. Notice each coil has its own recommended wattage range:

• 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W
I've now tried all four coils. My favorite is the 0.5 ohm, but recently tried the 1.2 ohm coils and they are probably my second favorite. I typically vape around 30 watts.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Crown is a great choice, it’s the only factory coil tank I still use. I’ve tried all the coils except the 1.2 ohm one and the coil I used most is the .5 coils. Great flavor and vapor plus they last a long time. You’re making some good choices so I don’t think you need it but good luck and happy vaping.

Crown is a great choice, it’s the only factory coil tank I still use. I’ve tried all the coils except the 1.2 ohm one and the coil I used most is the .5 coils. Great flavor and vapor plus they last a long time. You’re making some good choices so I don’t think you need it but good luck and happy vaping.
Just trying to pay attention to those who know.. Learn to do some thing right, you'll do it right the rest of your life... learn to do it wrong you'll spend the rest of your life learning to do it right.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just trying to pay attention to those who know.. Learn to do some thing right, you'll do it right the rest of your life... learn to do it wrong you'll spend the rest of your life learning to do it right.
Preach brother, on a side note anyone ever tell you that you bear a stricking resemblance to Sam Elliott?

Preach brother, on a side note anyone ever tell you that you bear a stricking resemblance to Sam Elliott?
My hair is longer than his, he has more money than me but our hats are the same. And I have been a real cow hand he has not.

Last edited:

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
i own a couple of aegis mods and love them worhout a doubt, im usually one to carry a couple of spare batteries so i never monded the single cell capacity but i did get seperate battery cap to allow me to use 20700's or 21700s so with original 26650 and 18650 capacity i can run 4 type of cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread