Most RELIABLE 801-compatible atty/supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Are the 801s really 280mah?

So they last how long?

(My 510 batts only last a few hours if that... thinking of a Chuck. Can I get through TSA wuth a chuck? hmmmmm...)

I'm pretty sure that 801 batts are 280 mAh (as are KR808D-1s). It's difficult to specify how long they last; that varies considerably based on how many puffs you take per hour and how long (and strong) your puffs are. The most objective way to compare is with mAh. The 510 batt is 150 mAh; the 510 Mega batt is 280 mAh; the M702 I mentioned in a previous post here is 100 mAh; and there are batteries for the Chuck as high as 3000 mAh.

But really, I think a PCC levels the playing field. And the low mAh batts recharge much more quickly than the powerhouses.

The Chuck is about the same size as a Prodigy, which I had no problem taking through airport security a couple months ago (and vaping in the airport terminal). I also had had some concerns; I was afraid they might think it was a pipe bomb, but they didn't blink and eye. Just remove the batteries and keep them in a separate container (e.g., a baggie) within your carry-on. Find out more in the Travel section of the In Public sub-forum.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I'd talk to Rob at goodprophets.com...he's got a forum here and goes by dirt2suck.

He has the best stuff around, and actually has a huge sale going on right now. He's never let me down!!

Other than a sale price comparable to Rocky Mountain Vapor's standard price, what distinguishes his 801s from anyone else's?

I think highly of Good Prophets and have recommended them in my WWV Illustrated Guide. And I know his screen name. Here's what I said about it in my guide:
FYI: Kellbell has described RY3 as “a milder version of RY4.” GrimmGreen has been quoted as describing the taste of RY1 and RY2 as “sweaty socks.” Maybe because the screen name of another supplier (GoodProphets) of RY2 (and 3 and 4) is dirt2suck. Now I ask you: Why would an e-liquid supplier (and a good one at that) call himself “dirt to suck”?:confused:

shadowpianoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I bought 2 pen styles for my wife and I from Sun's huuuuge sale, I believe they were originally from First Union. Both are high bridge, and I believe both have 4 holes. I've been experimenting with different cart mods and am currently trying fluval polishing pads with a straw mod. We've both been vaping 36mg Marlboro flavoring that we also got from Sun, but are expecting our first bottle of 555 this week from RMV....can't wait. The 801's seem tempermental sometimes, but for the most part, we both love them. 'Tailpiping' has been a big hit in our house as well.

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
The "great place" Ft Hood
i think with all atty's, im my experience anyway, they are tempermental. since i got my SB and vaping at 6V with the 510, 901 and 801's. I really prefer the 801's. I have 4 all from different vendors and they all have their good and bad days. some I can drip 6 drops some only 2. any extra and they flood, but when they are on, they are the...well you know! so i will say that I am an 801 all the way vaper right now!!!:wub:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I bought 2 pen styles for my wife and I from Sun's huuuuge sale, I believe they were originally from First Union. Both are high bridge, and I believe both have 4 holes. I've been experimenting with different cart mods and am currently trying fluval polishing pads with a straw mod. We've both been vaping 36mg Marlboro flavoring that we also got from Sun, but are expecting our first bottle of 555 this week from RMV....can't wait. The 801's seem tempermental sometimes, but for the most part, we both love them. 'Tailpiping' has been a big hit in our house as well.

What "Sun's huuuuge sale"?

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
an 801 is an 801 is an 801...m201 is on another level...specially if you get the ones with the hard draw batteries (older style batteries). I got mine from litecig. With the newer batteries I found the draw to be harder than an 801 but not as hard as the older sets I got from them. They have silver sets available now....these sets have the newer type batteries with easier draw. All you have to do is insert a very small piece in between the negative and positive contacts of the battery so that one of the holes is closed off....then it will draw more like the older sets and produce unbelievable amount of vapor.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
an 801 is an 801 is an 801...m201 is on another level...specially if you get the ones with the hard draw batteries (older style batteries). I got mine from litecig. With the newer batteries I found the draw to be harder than an 801 but not as hard as the older sets I got from them. They have silver sets available now....these sets have the newer type batteries with easier draw. All you have to do is insert a very small piece in between the negative and positive contacts of the battery so that one of the holes is closed off....then it will draw more like the older sets and produce unbelievable amount of vapor.

Thanks, EDO, for some more details about the M201 that I've read several people praise ... and which Missy does here:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Don...her review is spot on. I forgot how 801 leak and you can drip with these all day...without leaking. Just to give more info....the m201 gives great throat hit but it will not make you cough like she is suggesting. The reason a lot of people have cough fits with the m201 is because they are burning up the cart material....a lot of people have similar experience with the KR808d cartomizers. The m201 run hot so you can easily burn the cart material. If you drip with m201 you will get way more vapor and throat hit.....sans the cough fits. If you find anyone other than litecig that sells them at a good price please let me know.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Don...her review is spot on. I forgot how 801 leak and you can drip with these all day...without leaking. Just to give more info....the m201 gives great throat hit but it will not make you cough like she is suggesting. The reason a lot of people have cough fits with the m201 is because they are burning up the cart material....a lot of people have similar experience with the KR808d cartomizers. The m201 run hot so you can easily burn the cart material. If you drip with m201 you will get way more vapor and throat hit.....sans the cough fits. If you find anyone other than litecig that sells them at a good price please let me know.

Nope, LiteCigUSA.net is the only western supplier of the M201 that I know of. But I don't regard that as disappointing news. I've not yet ordered from them, but that is about to change. On "Black Friday," I plan to take advantage of Shawn's special 10% "black10" coupon code and order an M201 batt and atty* (along with an M702 PCC Basic Kit). Ordering one of the longest and one of the shortest e-cigs will keep my sense of balance.:D
* I would have ordered the M201 starter kit, but he's out of stock. I assume that I'll be able to recharge the battery with the generic push-in USB chargers I've accumulated. [For example, they work with my 801 and KR808D-1 batts.]
My decision to order the M201 is due, in no small part, to you, EDO! [But don't worry if I don't like it; I don't use carts ... and you are not the only one to speak highly of this penstyle model. Worst case: I'll have that little guy to play with ... my first super-mini!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread