Own a DSE801 you must read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I just got my 801 manual parts from RMV. A great deal with the usb charger. It has a cartridge that protrudes way down into the atty. That is a high bridge?

btw It's great!

But because I didn't get it in a kit there are no instructions.I went to e smokey treats to see if they have the 801 carts. They do and It says the blank ones have the 'core' is that the material?

esmokey treats has carts for $2.50 for the blank ones. I think this is a great deal. Plus separate batteries and attys for 9.99 and 7.99.
They also have a universal charger for 11.99.

I have not had a problem with this leaking. I do have to drip onto the atty at times. I hope this is fine.

If someone could post a pic of a high low bridge? I'm just curious.

I've been smoking the Prodigy with a DSE801 Atty and haven't been satisfied. So I investigated on the forum and found that there were two types of Attys for the Dse801. Low bridge and high bridge.

Basically the Idiot manufacturers brought in the High bridge Atty which protrudes deeply into the cartridge but they didn't re-design cartridges to fit it. The High bridge compresses the foam at least 1/3 of the way in. Result lousy wicking.

Based on the reports on this forum I went out and bought a joye302 low bridge atty from MyVaporStore.com. The difference in smoking in my Prodigy was night and day.

High Bridge atty took maybe 3-4 drops liquid pooling on top. Low bridge atty 11 drops!!! Wicking is fantastic. Smoke went from very harsh to mellow. For some reason the High bridge burnt the foam the low bridge doesn't

By the way I also have a package of BE-112 low bridge attys coming in from Bestecig.com which is highly rated on the forum.

I just wanted to emphasize that if you have a high voltage machine using a DSE801 High Bridge Atty you are not getting the complete experience.

One warning I just tried the 302 tonight, I don't have a track record on durability or how long it will last. I did find that it was easier flood than the high bridge.

Will the BE-112 low bridge atty work with my DSE801 automatic? I'm finding out that I must have the high bridge atty because there is little to no throat hit and I am frustrated on my first day of use. I jut got this yesterday and I do not yet feel like I want to give up my analogs. I don't have that satisfied nicotine fix feeling when using my 801. Does this just take time, or do I need to use a better atty? Can anyone help the greenest noob here? I don't even know how to tell if I have a high bridge or a low bridge, that's how new I am! Thanks in advance.

yknotagain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2009
Kenosha, WI
My carts with the original filler have a problem with both low and high attys. I've been using Fluval now and fill the cart plus 1/8" with it. I then stuff the extra into the cart. There's enough spring in the Fluval that the filler ends up flush even with the high attys when I refill. Even with the added compression of the high bridge attys I'm sucking them dry. I can't do quite as well with the low bridge.

Last edited:
I have been using a 510 for the past three weeks, and just ordered an 801 from Heavens gifts a few days ago.
Of course I am still waiting to receive the 801, my question is:
I think I know what you mean when you say a high bridge, or a low bridge,
but I'm not 100% positive.

Does a low bridge mean the wick is down on the bottom of the atty?
(and of course that would mean that the high bridge is up on the top)

Is that correct?
If it is, then it would seem that the (high)? bridge would be easier to drip on,
is that correct also?

I just would like to know how to be sure which atty I have when it does arrive.

Also, if any of you also have a 510, which do you prefer, the 510, or the 801?

Thanks.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
There is the metal wire mesh "foam" inside the atty just above the heating coil that looks, well, like a foot bridge.

With a high bridge style, that mesh comes up to a point about 1/3 the length of the atty while the low bridge is rounded and barely rises enough to see that is does rise up.

I guess I could see how high bridge would be easier to drip but I've had no problems hitting the low bridge either. Both styles cover enough of the coil that you aren't very likely to drip right on it.

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
i have had both the 801 automatic and the 510 manual, and i prefer the 801

You must be kidding - for me the 801 is like vaping air... the 510 (I have the Janty Dura C) rocks. The vaping experience makes up for the the poor battery life by 200%.

P.S. I must admit that my 801 is marketed here as the NJOY NCIG - maybe the original 801 or RN4072 is better...

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I recently purchased a Sparkplug as a backup for my screwdriver. The Sparkplug with its 801 atty is like vaping air for me also. It is terrible, the only way to get good vapor with any taste is to drip it. My SD has uses 901 atty's and it is more of a moist, flavor filled vape in comparison. The 801 is a dry air like vapor, again, unless I direct drip it. I tried different juices in hopes of finding something that works. Nothing. I guess my only option is an adapter for either a 901 (since that is what I have been using and like so far) or try an 510 adapter???

Any other ideas?

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
FYI: The 801 attys from Eastmall are low bridge AND 4-hole. There's a huge difference between them (best) and the original SLB high bridge (good) attys I have.

Is there any US supplier that carries the 801 attys from Eastmall? They are sold out of the kit I want (PINK):wub: so I'd like to try and find the extra attys sooner.
VaporKings is the only one I've found that carries the Pink 801, but it's SLB, and I'm looking for one of the other brands, with the low bridge. Healthnut (?) in china has them too, but I'm not sure I want to risk customs, OR the long ship time.

On that note: Does anyone know where I might find a Pink 801 starter kit with the lowbridge? Looking for the BE112 or Joye302.

Thanks for any help!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well looks like this thread has become obsolete but very impressive that it had over 9,000 views.

I recently bought a Provari and combined it with the 510 MAP-Tank E2 Mod. This combination Vapes better than an 801. So this thread in my mind is now obsolete! No need for the DSE-801 Atty anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread