Most versatile RBA tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
I currently have a Reo Grand with a Chalice I. I can take this set-up anywhere with 6ml and 18650 battery.

But I'm eyeing shiny mechanical 18350 mods. Problem is many of the rba tanks are fidgety and needs to be left upside. What is the RBA tank that is the most pocket-friendly? I want to put it on top of a PAPS, Dingo or Caravella.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Besides drippers I don't know of any unless you're willing to leave the fill hole plugged. I'm just getting into them and I'm not going to be able to use anything else soon. i'm thinking of getting a dripper and taking a small bottle with me to work or in the car. i know i'm going to eventually kill myself while adjusting a hotspot on the expressway.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
Besides drippers I don't know of any unless you're willing to leave the fill hole plugged. I'm just getting into them and I'm not going to be able to use anything else soon. i'm thinking of getting a dripper and taking a small bottle with me to work or in the car. i know i'm going to eventually kill myself while adjusting a hotspot on the expressway.

Drippers are great for testing out flavors but I'd rather deal with the tank systems than drip for day-to-day mod.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
Get a terminator. With the juice control closed it doesn't leak and can also be dripped into without affecting what's in the tank. Only had mine couple days but I love it.

I was looking at the Terminator-C tank and the Oddity RBAs. It looks like they are built differently than Genny mods, any advantage to either set-ups? Oddity is a tank also or a drip?

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
you have a paps and you don't know about the spheroid !? in my opinion the spheroid is above genesis rba if you take in consideration all the parameters of quality of vape and pocket friendly .

I do not have a PAPS yet, I'm wanting an 18350 mod like a PAPS, whichever I'd get first. I'm leaning towards the Dingos. I like the tank setups that sit more flush with the PV. I'm liking the Terminator-C tanks. Not much reviews out yet though

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
My AGA-T v1 & -T2 don't leak when sideways. At least not for a very long time. #500 rolled super tight.

YMMV though
^This.
My fill screw is in and my AGA-T+ wicks like a monster. I can lay mine down for over 2 hours before the wick starts seeing any liquid collection, and even though it is a "solid wick", it is not rolled at tightly as I am able to get it. I'm using 3" wide but a 3.75" wide piece can be rolled up to fit. More mesh = better wicking and more leak proofing.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I was looking at the Terminator-C tank and the Oddity RBAs. It looks like they are built differently than Genny mods, any advantage to either set-ups? Oddity is a tank also or a drip?

Oddity is a tank as well, but much poorer quality than the terminators. There is also a drip mode terminator without the tank. If you watch Igetcha69's video on the Odysseus, it's basically the same thing, just a clone. They are silica/cotton wick atties.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
Oddity is a tank as well, but much poorer quality than the terminators. There is also a drip mode terminator without the tank. If you watch Igetcha69's video on the Odysseus, it's basically the same thing, just a clone. They are silica/cotton wick atties.

Thanks, I'll check out the video when I can, but reading the other Oddy/Term/etc thread, there seems to be a few issues and doesn't come off as polished. (air bubbles, leaking through bottom?)

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Thanks, I'll check out the video when I can, but reading the other Oddy/Term/etc thread, there seems to be a few issues and doesn't come off as polished. (air bubbles, leaking through bottom?)

The air bubble isn't really a problem so much as a curiosity. I get it on mine and it has no effect on how the thing vapes... some of us just wonder what causes it.

As far as the leaking, yes, they can leak if not put together properly... but the leaking is very easy to avoid. In my case, all I had to do was not pinch the wire between the nut around the rebuildable part and the ring below it. No leaks at all. It's probably the most leak-proof RBA I own, with the exception of my real GG atty's.

neonballoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
United States
^This.
My fill screw is in and my AGA-T+ wicks like a monster. I can lay mine down for over 2 hours before the wick starts seeing any liquid collection, and even though it is a "solid wick", it is not rolled at tightly as I am able to get it. I'm using 3" wide but a 3.75" wide piece can be rolled up to fit. More mesh = better wicking and more leak proofing.

I signed up to be notified for the next AGA-T2. Any more revisions above T2? Also how big do you roll the wick? I like using a drill bit to make the coil.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
For mesh conservation, I can cut 16 equal 1.5" L x 3" W pieces from a 6" x 12" sheet. Some people have reported issues getting 3" to roll up small enough to fit the stock hole, but 3.75" can fit. The key I think is not to roll it up then try to work it smaller, but to work on the bottom 1/4 of it until there is no straw-hole in it and then roll the rest, stopping to fold the end inward. I do the fold last because it helps keeping the seem even down the whole wick and not spiraling because of inconsistencies.

To my knowledge the AGA-T+ (AGA-T2 being glass tank option) is the last planned revision at least until a good reason popps up requiring it.

4matic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
CA
For mesh conservation, I can cut 16 equal 1.5" L x 3" W pieces from a 6" x 12" sheet. Some people have reported issues getting 3" to roll up small enough to fit the stock hole, but 3.75" can fit. The key I think is not to roll it up then try to work it smaller, but to work on the bottom 1/4 of it until there is no straw-hole in it and then roll the rest, stopping to fold the end inward. I do the fold last because it helps keeping the seem even down the whole wick and not spiraling because of inconsistencies.

To my knowledge the AGA-T+ (AGA-T2 being glass tank option) is the last planned revision at least until a good reason popps up requiring it.

mine will only come with 45mm x 45mm mesh...what are the consequences of using a smaller width? i.e. thinner rolled wick

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
mine will only come with 45mm x 45mm mesh...what are the consequences of using a smaller width? i.e. thinner rolled wick

Using a thinner rolled wick still works but you have to roll a straw type, not solid. I used the stock piece of mesh that came with my AGA-T+ first so I wouldn't waist it, it worked fine but I had wicking issues. I was able to remedy this my leaving the fill screw off and just keeping my PV upright. When I replaced the hollow wick with a solid rolled one I was able to put the fill screw back in and had no wicking issues, talk about counter-intuitive huh?
If you need inexpensive 400 or 500 mesh there is really only one choice (in my book).
Wick & Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread