• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Motivation for multiple Devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
After the GTA meet on Tuesday I'm already thinking of getting another device. BA had so many I don't remember the names to half of them!

Everyone has started out with different devices, but what motivated you to get another? I have the eGo and absolutely love it. It was highly recommended by 99% of the people I've talked with on the forums. But I see this as a hobby now and would love to have something different.

Don't mind the manual battery, but if there is a kick ... automatic unit out there I wouldn't mind trying it.

Lets just say I'm happy with the TH/Vap production with the eGo right now and wouldn't want something that will sacrifice either too much. I still have only had liquids that are 100% PG based (will be ordering some with VG in it soon).

Size isn't a huge concern, as I find the eGo very portable... but wouldn't mind something bigger for vaping at home or in the car.

Would prefer to have a higher voltage device as I've only really experienced the 3.1V on the eGo. Some of the 5V+ stuff at the meet gave a great warm vape!

Wanted to see what you guys recommend based on what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input guys!

IAMJoCanadian

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Canada
Hey Fit. I'm about 3 months in and starting to think the same way as you. I'm currently using LR attys on my ego which do provide a warmer vape than reg attys but still not the same as a true higher voltage vape. The only mods that I'm considering are variable voltage mods such as the Buzz, Fistpack, and Little Sister due to the 15 or so flavours I'm always switching between. Some flavours taste very different at higher voltages and visa-versa.

Last edited:

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
why couldn't they just make an "ultimate" device that takes all the good stuff from each mod into one? :)

hey maybe if we all had consensus on one mod we can do a mini GB and get a bit of a deal eH?

I don't even know if I have a specific budget at this time.... I mean I've spent around $200+ already on juice/spare parts/starter kit :p

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
why couldn't they just make an "ultimate" device that takes all the good stuff from each mod into one? :)

hey maybe if we all had consensus on one mod we can do a mini GB and get a bit of a deal eH?

I don't even know if I have a specific budget at this time.... I mean I've spent around $200+ already on juice/spare parts/starter kit :p

Get used to it...I think there is as much addiction to the new mods, atties, juices, etc as there is to the nicotine :)

You should try modding some time..the addiction will dwarf all others!

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
Get used to it...I think there is as much addiction to the new mods, atties, juices, etc as there is to the nicotine :)

You should try modding some time..the addiction will dwarf all others!

excuse the noobness, but when you say try modding do you mean trying to make a mod myself or just go out and purchase one? I'm definitely not the type of guy that tinkers around with things nor really care to. Rather do my research on a specific mod, if it's tried, tested, and true then I'll buy it :laugh:

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
My motivation behind mods is battery life and size now... Voltage has taken a back seat(i have tried almost every combo of ohms law there is in our limited range). so esthetics battery and size. most AM mods are based of 10440(300mah) 14500(700mah) 16340(600mah) 18650(2000+mah) thats a good place to start. But who doesnt like collecting mods its part of the reason why i like vaping. I just designed the smallest most inexpensive mod today, it wont be pretty but it will be functional with all batteries in single cell form. with test points for Voltage/amperage/and resistance(without removing atty).
The Classified swap forum is the place to start your collection lots of good steals and deals on there.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
My view is skewed being capable of modding myself. I personally like all mechanical devices. Does that mean that electronic devices are bad? Absolutely not. Will I ever own one? Probably not. Are some mods overly priced? Unfrotunately yes. The meet was a great place to see, try and test a good variety of what is available.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
My view is skewed being capable of modding myself. I personally like all mechanical devices. Does that mean that electronic devices are bad? Absolutely not. Will I ever own one? Probably not. Are some mods overly priced? Unfrotunately yes. The meet was a great place to see, try and test a good variety of what is available.

were there any mechanical mods at the meet? or for sale for that matter? I how does a mechanical mod work differently compared to an electronic mod?

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
crazy... didn't even realize what Switched was using that night was a mechanical device... soooo many choices out there!! reminiscent of when I was looking for my first starter kit. I'm hoping too that a higher voltage device will make some of the juice I have now taste better... feels like I'm vaping them now just because I have them... they'll have to do until I get some new stuff in

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
prodigy v3 is probably best bang for your buck in HV tube style, plus you can use it with 1 17630 for 1800mah 3.7 vape.

thank you for the recommendation, I will certainly put it as "one to consider" right now.. I'm actually reading Switched' review on his P18 in another window right now :p

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
thank you for the recommendation, I will certainly put it as "one to consider" right now.. I'm actually reading Switched' review on his P18 in another window right now :p

The Precise line is an uber elegant PV in form and function imho... pricey... but... a very well made, very reliable, luxury item. I ordered a P16 not long ago, still waiting for it to be born.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
The Precise line is an uber elegant PV in form and function imho... pricey... but... a very well made, very reliable, luxury item. I ordered a P16 not long ago, still waiting for it to be born.

I didn't get the luxury to really examine switched' P18 on tuesday, but the vape from it was really nice (at least compared to my eGo).

I didn't even realize it was the same manufacturer as the super t t-tips... I have both the ss shorty and reg and love them. I don't doubt the quality considering how much praise Switched gave to this device. The P10 looks cool too, but I'm unsure of the battery life on it...

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
The P10 looks cool too, but I'm unsure of the battery life on it...

I'd steer you away from the 10440. It just doesn't have the horsepower. Battery life is hardly any better then the std ecig batts and it just can't drive LR attys (which is a requirement for me). A P10 could be a very elegant device for lightweight use, a fashion item, but I personally couldn't justify the price for that purpose (especially considering i would absolutely need another as a primary device). If I was looking for a lightweight 10440 device, I'd pick up an IkenVape Laser for a fraction of the price.

For me personally, a primary device needs a battery no smaller then 16340. That's very similar in capacity to an eGo battery. I get 5 or 6 hours out of a 16340 IMR. I'm pretty sure an 18650 would last a full day and then some.

Anyway... I'd say look at 16340 and up on the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread