• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Looking to upgrade device

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
If you want cigarette sized, I'd suggest the Redds kit from happyvaper; Canadian E-cigarette Redds which uses a cartomizer (atomizer with filler to hold a bit of juice) or the eRoll; https://www.canvape.com/product-p/eroll.htm which is similar to the 510-t, but uses the EGO C atomizer like the eCab. Both should be MUCH better than the 510-t and a similar size.

The "spinner" is not exactly the same as the twist, it's made by another company and I've heard of a lot of quality issues with them. I'd look for the joyetech twist.

Also if you go with Vivi Nova's, you should probably stick to the mini (2.0 ml) as these are the same diameter as an ego, the 3.5 ml Vivi would be a lot wider in diameter. The Kanger T2 is also popular for a clearomizer and is basically the same thing as the Vivi Nova.

Ego Twist
https://www.canvape.com/ego-c-ego-c-twist-ego-twist-vv-variable-voltage-p/twist.htm

Vivi Nova
https://www.canvape.com/product-p/vivikit.htm

Kanger T2
https://www.canvape.com/t2-T2-Kanger-Changeable-Coil-coil-5-p/t2.htm

Last edited:

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
I just went ahead and ordered a eGo-T battery 1000mAh, mini nova 2ml, thread covers, usb charger and some tasty vapor called "Blue ice" from gentlemans reserve for $62.99 + shipping. Lets hope I enjoy this kit more than my standard 510-t, because honestly I had started switching back to analogs because the 510-t did not satisfy me with flavor. I'm still currently in the middle, I hope this kit will push me again completely again.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I think you will be more than satisfied with the Ego-T battery and the mini nova :) Please check back with us and let us know how you like it once you get it! Those smaller batts just don't quite give you the umph in your chest and throat that you really need, but they do seem to help people quit smoking and move up to something better. They got me off cigs so I guess they do work to a certain extent.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
One of my fave current setups is my Twist with Vivi Mini on it. Great vapor, and full flavor. Highly recommend them..... I just ordered the full sized Nova with metal jacket and window to try as well. Hope I like it as much as my minis, but can't see why not. For those who like 'em mapleleafvapes has a killer deal on them right now... comes in cheaper than healthcabin!

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
If I like it I'll defiantly be ordering another battery and mini nova kit...maybe try a 2.8ml so I can have some choice of flavors. What I currently have on order is a version 2.0 of the mini nova, pretty sure the newest version is 2.5? Anyway, I'm sure it'll be beast lol. I hear people favor the 2.8 olm heads for the vivi nova, but I guess I'll have to mess around with them. Kit comes with 3 heads.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
You are better off with the 1.8 and 2.4 ohm vivi's for the Ego Twist. I think that's the ohms they come in, or thereabouts. The 2.8 ohm might work decent enough but I vape those usually at 5v, and sometimes they read higher in ohms when they are new and I vape them at 5.2v. You can try the 2.8 in the kit you get and see how it goes. For some reason the kits that I've gotten from Got Vapes, the head that comes already on the vivi reads high in ohms alot of times. Yet the heads I order from them later as replacements are usually spot on in ohms. Not sure why. I ordered the version 3 with the steel jacket and window also to try out, but the version 2.5's work great to me. Next time order at least a version 2.5 instead. I have a version 2 but it's been hard to find heads for it now and the new version 2.5 heads won't fit them. The version 2.5 heads are supposed to fit the version 3's though. Thank God because if not, I would have been really mad.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
No, you won't hurt your battery if you have the voltage too high on the wrong vivi nova or whatever you have on it. If anything, you will pop the coil on the vivi nova instead. If you have too high a voltage on whatever coil you are using, the coil pops and it just won't work anymore and you have to use a new head. You do need to know about battery safety though. Ecigs are big batteries and require safety. I rest my battery about 30 mins. after using it and before I put it on the charger. I then rest my battery 30 mins. once it is done charging and before I use it again. You should NOT charge or use your battery while it's stressed, so rest it properly before and after charging :) Also, never leave it charging while unattended, just in case. It's rare but batteries can fail at times, just like cell phone batts and laptop batts.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
However, if you were using it while it fails, it will blow out the bottom end away from your face. It has safety features. But that is extremely rare. The only case so far I've heard of that happening where someone got hurt was once, and he was stacking 2 batts in a mod and not the proper batts for the mod. That was a mess. Anyhow, that's the short of it and there really isn't anything to worry about. There are lots of safety features in an EGO or any decent mod you get nowadays, as long as you use it properly.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
The Vivi should be MUCH better than the 510-t. If you watch reviews on youtube most people weren't a fan of it. I had one and in my opinion it was terrible.

You probably won't burn out a coil on the Vivi heads, but is possible. What's more likely is that you'll get a terrible burnt taste. With the twist, it's best to start at the lowest voltage and turn it up slowly from there until you get the taste you like and if it starts to taste burn, turn it down a tad. The lower omhs ( Ω ) the head, the lower voltage you'll want to use - the Vivi heads, should be marked right below the wick and I believe they come with 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 Ω.

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
Yeah, that's good its full of safety features, don't wanna blow my face off lol. I've been doing a lot of research on the vivi nova while I wait for it to come. Apparently once you fill it up you should let it sit for an hour on its side. I've also heard some mixed reviews about cutting the wick, people have been having wicking problems with the mini. Some people say cut the wick, others say do not. Do you guys cut your wick ?

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Leaving it on it's side for a few minutes should be fine - I've never heard of leaving it for an hour. It will take a while to "break in" the wick until it's working to it's full potential though.

I would leave the wicks until you decide how it's working for you, it's really a personal preference thing I think. You always have to tip clearomizers a bit to get liquid to the tops of the wicks no matter what length they are. I tend to cut mine Vivi wicks a tiny bit, but I would use it for a while before you do that, because you can't uncut them. :p

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I never wait and I've never cut any wicks. They seem to vape just fine. I fill them up, swoosh it around a lil bit and they vape fine. An hour is crazy. Never heard of that before. I've never heard of having to cut the wicks on them. That may have been on an older version? I know I've heard of cutting wicks on some of the other types out there, but not the vivis. Anyhow, you shouldn't have to really do any adjustments or wait. Just fill it and vape. The wicks soak up pretty darn fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread