• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Looking to upgrade device

Status
Not open for further replies.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
I really have to say ego+vivi nova is the best all around setup I've used. My provari is collecting dust as my vivi nova tank stays on the end of my old riva battery. 1.8ohm coil suits it perfectly. The setup is cheap, portable and vapes fantastic. And if your even moderately handy wait till you've taken 5 minutes and rebuilt a VN head with cotton wick. Absolute heaven

LycanFury

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Croydon, Surrey, UK
Hi jareb,
As many have already suggested, Go with a couple of vivi nova(s). You shall get them in both standard and mini models and if yo need to test the waters of Variable Volts get a ....................Ego-Twist!! hhaha :D , never mind this, in time you shall understand, many would know what i meant :D . just joking.

Anyways Ego-C Twist 1000 Mah battery would be really good for starters.

Enjoy vaping!!
LF

hockeynut

Dec 6, 2012
Canada
froghammer:7981366 said:
I got this kit from Canvape yesterday and lovvvvvvve it:

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/ultwistkit.htm

Lots of stuff to play with, but I'd say the Kanger T2 is my favourite clearo so far out of the bunch.

I second this. We just got ours yesterday and we are lovin it!! If you purchase this add cartos and a cone to your cart.

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
I just purchased one setup to start out with. But I really want to experiment with the juices, I currently have two tobacco flavors that I'm not really enjoying that much but they are bearable with my current 510-t set up. Turkish tobacco and some dekang tobacco menthol flavor. But I ordered some "blue ice" with my new PV. It's more of a fruit juice. Its raspberry and alpine blueberry with a hint of frost (menthol) 70% PG 30% VG. Hopefully I'll enjoy this a lot more and won't have to keep resetting my signature! :oops:

revolverfunk

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2010
toronto
Variable volt Bogger Box
this is the link for its vv devices
it is a hand made wooden bottom fed mod
if not looking for a dildo look alike mod,
this is something that might float your boat
comes in mini sizes as well but arent vv.
pocket sized and from what i heard and read, possesses excellent quality that of craftsmanship
looking to cop one myself in soon time

Last edited:

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
I've gone though half a tank so far. I don't even think its broken in yet and I'm loving it!!!! I'm using 3.6V with the 1.8 ohms head. The hit and the taste compared to the 510-t is night and day difference! Omg I'm in love lol. I can imagine the 2.8 head would be even better. I'm sure you already know what they look like, but I'll attach a pic for you guys anyway haha. :thumb:

2012-12-17_21-00-50_241.jpg

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Glad you are enjoying it, Jareb. But you probably are better off with the lower ohm clearomizers on it than the 2.8 heads :) They are more for higher voltage and some read higher in ohms, so vaping it at 4.8 volts might not be as sweet. :) I'd stick with the 1.8 or standard 2.4 or thereabouts probably. And thanks for letting us know how you like it! :)

Last edited:

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
Glad you are enjoying it, Jareb. But you probably are better off with the lower ohm clearomizers on it than the 2.8 heads :) They are more for higher voltage and some read higher in ohms, so vaping it at 4.8 volts might not be as sweet. :) I'd stick with the 1.8 or standard 2.4 or thereabouts probably. And thanks for letting us know how you like it! :)

I ment to say 2.4 ohms lol, sorry. :blush:

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
So, how do you know when to replace the head? I took apart my 1.8 ohms because I noticed the juice was starting to go brown in the tank (Its normally blue), it looks all brown and black where the coil and wicks are in the center. Is that normal? Don't they just stop working when their done? Is my voltage too high ? I've been using 3.6V on the 1.8 ohms head. lol :confused:

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
3.6 is fine for 1.8 and chances are you don't have to replace it for a while. My juices go darker in the tank as well- especially the darker ones. You don't necessarily have to replace the head- you can take it off, wash it out and do a dry burn to get rid of the gunk buildup. Search on here for "dry burn" and you'll find a lot of info.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Froghammer is right, you can try washing it out good and doing some dry burns. Depending on the juice you are using, if it's the same head you started using on 12/17 when you first posted that you got it, I would think it should go a lil longer on some dry burns. Sometimes I've gotten to a point where even though the coil seems to keep working, I just put a new head on cause I like a clean taste. It varies with the juice you use.

Hi Jareb,

I found that rinsing the heads under very hot water and blowing them out ever other day kept the heads in good shape for 3 weeks or more. If my juice starts to drastically change color, or the flavor changes, I toss them.

Drop by Home any evening (check the schedule for times) if you want any real-time/interactive advice. You won't find a friendlier or more knowlegable group with a wealth of information about hardware or canadian vendors anywhere.

Taps.

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
I noticed my clear liquid would start getting brown if I chain vape it and don't give it a chance to wick down. The eGo-C (and ones that use that atty) are notorious for not wicking quickly. I usually run my atty under very hot water to clean it out a bit but this will only work for so long before it just always tastes burnt and I have to replace it. I usually get at least a month out of my atomizers if I treat them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread