• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Looking to upgrade device

Status
Not open for further replies.

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
Hey I've been vaping for about 3 months using a 510-t setup. I miss placed one of the batteries tried to order a new one and learned that the 510-t parts are becoming scarce. I also found the vapor to be dry/burnt tasting. So I've decided to just go ahead and get a whole new kit. What I'm looking for is something small and portable that I can just put in my pocket anytime. I also need a device that will produce a thick throat hit and also retain the flavor. I've been looking into the joyetech ego-c and the joyetech ecab, mostly the ecab. I've read some not so good reviews on the ecab regarding TH and flavor. I've also never tried cartos. Bottom line I just want something with outstanding TH and flavor thats portable. I was hoping someone could give me some guidance on this on which devices I should take a look at or if I'm in the right direction with the joyetechs. Thanks happy vaping! :vapor:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I think you should google Ego Twist. Many vendors sell them. You can slowly turn the bottom dial at the end of it up and get a stronger voltage for vaping, and it's a cheaper variable volt device that is very popular. As far as the best price and where to get it, it changes almost daily amongst the vendors. Many sell them. Many sell kits of 2 of them so you have a backup while charging one of them. I also think a mini vivi nova would be nice and easy for someone new. You just unscrew the top and put your juice in. You can look at youtubes about the EGO Twist and mini Vivi Novas to get a better idea on what I'm talking about, if you are not familiar. That is what I recommend, and they are about the same size as the ecab you mentioned. I googled "ecab" and honestly, I had never head of it before. I think it could be a knock off of some sort maybe? I'm not sure. I think you would like an EGO Twist better.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I just googled to see what's the best deal right now. Here's a link...eGo Twist They call their Ego Twists, the Spinner. Same thing. Sorry, but alot of vendors are either sold out or selling them for too high a price. I'd get 2. Also, on their site they are selling the mini vivi nova's I told you about at this link...Vision Mini Vivi Nova Tank Clearomizer 2.0ml Kit It comes with 3 heads at different ohms you can try out. Keep in mind, when you first start vaping, dial down the e cig to the lowest voltage and slowly turn it up. As soon as you taste anything burnt slightly, lower the voltage dial. The 1.8 ohm head, you definitely need to vape at the lowest setting. This is a reputable vendor. I am honestly not trying to push this vendor, but right now it's the best deal. Like I said, it changes daily. I personally order most of my vivi nova's from Got Vapes but at least you can get everything on one site and not pay extra in postage :)

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Sorry, then I was wrong. The eCAB is an official Joyetech product. You might prefer to dial up your voltage though since you mentioned you want a thick throat hit. I personally started on standard 3.7 batts and they are fine for alot of people, but for me after awhile I needed stronger voltage and a harder hit. The Twist allows you to do that.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
If you weren't using a cartomizer, what the heck were you using? A carto is an atty with a filler you put liquid into and it screw onto the end of the battery... they are refillable by taking off the drip tip and dropping juice into them.

A clearo is an atty with a tube and no filler, but wicks instead and screws onto the end of a battery. You unscrew the top and fill.

I just figured I would clarify this for you :)

jareb426

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
London, Ontario
Yeah I have the 510-t setup up it has a manual battery atomizer and a tank ... 3 pieces. I was looking at cartos pretty sure they have some kind of pad in them which you have to soak ? I don't think I've ever used a carto though. I think the joye 510 uses cartos and the 510-t uses tanks like what I have. Could be wrong though. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread