Mountain Oak Vapors - Chat It Up Weekend Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeDean

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Tennessee
www.mountainoakvapors.com
It's been a while, so you know we're over due!

Here are the rules:

Don't make consecutive posts in a row, you will be disqualified!
Chat about anything you like.
HAVE FUN!

The contest will end Monday 1/28/2013 at around 10AM!

2 Winners will be selected at random by post count, winners will receive a 15mL Vapor Pack (3 flavors of your choice at 0mg, 9mg, 18mg, or 24mg).

Good luck ya'll and have fun!

Last edited:

Wondertwin

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2012
Texas
So I followed the facebook link here. I'd been looking at a mathematical theory that is looking to prove dark energy and matter in space, then came across a JPL post regarding a NASA joint mission to map dark matter in space with sensors on a probe. Apparently there is a HUGE nerd war on the topic. Physicists are pro observable things in space, and the mathematicians are getting flak for trying to prove existence through math. So both of these projects are happening concurrently, with the same goal (to prove dark matter/energy once and for all) yet they want to fight.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here like the Discovery channel special watching dummy I am thinking "uhhhh....isn't dark matter the stuff that holds galaxies together? They don't have enough gravity to not fly apart without dark matter, so what are we proving again?" As I understood it, dark matter refracts light and that's about it. How else are you going to prove it without math as a guide of what to look for?

Also: Stars produce iron seconds before they go supernova. I didn't know iron was a star killer. Apparently trying to fuse other elements with iron absorbs energy rather than releases it. Without the energy release that comes from fission at the stars core, gravity acting on the star wins and crushes it, and bam supernova.

Last edited:

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
So I followed the facebook link here. I'd been looking at a mathematical theory that is looking to prove dark energy and matter in space, then came across a JPL post regarding a NASA joint mission to map dark matter in space with sensors on a probe. Apparently there is a HUGE nerd war on the topic. Physicists are pro observable things in space, and the mathematicians are getting flak for trying to prove existence through math. So both of these projects are happening concurrently, with the same goal (to prove dark matter/energy once and for all) yet they want to fight.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here like the Discovery channel special watching dummy I am thinking "uhhhh....isn't dark matter the stuff that holds galaxies together? They don't have enough gravity to not fly apart without dark matter, so what are we proving again?" As I understood it, dark matter refracts light and that's about it. How else are you going to prove it without math as a guide of what to look for?

Also: Stars produce iron seconds before they go supernova. I didn't know iron was a star killer. Apparently trying to fuse other elements with iron absorbs energy rather than releases it. Without the energy release that comes from fission at the stars core, gravity acting on the star wins and crushes it, and bam supernova.

I love stuff like this

Wondertwin

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2012
Texas
I love stuff like this

Me too! When I was in college I took an Astronomy course, but the prof was so horribly dry and made it all about Kelvins and nitpicky things minus any interesting fluff that keeps interest. Like how in the supernova, the elements at the core of the star ride the shock wave out and fuse with the outer elements to make rare ones like gold, platinum, and uranium. How cool is that?!!

Here's a link to the mathematical theory for dark matter:
Revolutionary theory of dark matter - English

Link to the NASA/ESA joint 'Dark Universe' mission
NASA Officially Joins ESA's 'Dark Universe' Mission - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Wondertwin

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2012
Texas
Has anybody tried the Pendragon yet?

I have, but fwiw it means little. Smells faint but good from the bottle, and had barely there flavor when I vaped it but great vapor production and mouth feel. I decided to leave it alone and let it steep, and now have a cold or something that prevents me from tasting anything >< I do remember it having a stronger good smell last time I checked, but can't review it beyond straight out of the mailbox due to illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread