Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Reading this interesting thread, I noticed how the old nautilus is still higlly recommended, but what about the Triton Mini which was considered an hybrid in between MTL and DL? I am still using them and I keep looking for an upgrade, but in my opinion, are still the best MTL tanks in the market...

Not a fan of half measures.

MTL and DTL tanks have very different optimal builds. To make an excellent one you have no choice but to hurt the other. At best you get an OK hybrid of both.

I'd rather have two separate excellent tanks over one average one.

It's like those tour buses they drive into lakes and oceans to give tours.

I wouldn't exactly call it a sport car or a speed boat.

Reactions: Letitia

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I noticed how the old Nautilus is still higlly recommended, but what about the Triton Mini which was considered an hybrid in between MTL and DL? I am still using them and I keep looking for an upgrade, but in my opinion, are still the best MTL tanks in the market...
I've never used a Triton. I bought one for my sister a couple of years ago, but I never see her use it. She still uses the Nautilus that came with her iStick.

I suspect that she likes the MTL style of the Nautilus over the Triton. She's a low wattage, high resistance vaper (Tootle Puffer).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Triton mini is different than the full size triton. The mini is a top fill(Yay!) 2 ml tank that uses Nautilus coils. A real sleeper of a mtl tank all the advantages of a Nautilus coil but with simple and non-leaky top fill (unlike the Nautilus 2 that can get all finicky). And there are Ni triton mini coils for temp control should the urge strike, but to be fair they fit the Nautilus 2 as well. The problem is they're hard to find as they seem to get discontinued since the top fill Nautilus 2 came out, but if you're into mtl and you ever see it grab it.

I like to take a little different approach in choosing mod stuff. First, decide how you will likely vape. MTL being common at first coming from cigarettes. Pick your tank. Now pick your mod, which is just a battery with some electronics in it to supply the proper amount of power. If you go with a tank and coil that runs fine with only 10W, there's no need for a giant 3 or 4 battery mod/paperweight. A single battery will get you through the day. If you're really into future proofing then a 2 battery mod can let you explore higher power direct to lung and lots of cloud stuff. There is no need to overburden your budget at the start. Stuff from Smoant, Voopoo, and Aspire are all good choices for the mod itself.

I can, however, virtually guarantee that once you get used to more flexible vape stuff over your current sticks, your collection of stuff will expand to fill all available space and questions of which is best will fall by the wayside as you compulsively buy new mods and tanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Reactions: Eskie

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Smok appears to have at least begun addressing their QC problem with their newer stuff. A friend of mine has one of the Priv mods and it's been going for a while now.

If you're worried about breaking glass tanks, Joyetech's Tron tanks might interest you. The Tron-S has a glass side view window. The Tron-T has a viewing glass on top. They are rugged tanks and make for a nice MTL vape.

PugLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Arnold Maryland
Hello Everyone,

I finally decided to move on from stick vaping and on to bigger stuff. So I was looking into those box like devices. After going through a few online stuff. I see that the Wisemec RX Gen3 name being consistent and popping up on most of the sites i have seen. Is it the best one currently out there?

And I was looking at online prices and stuff, I am a little confused about the term "starter kit", if I just get the starter kit, is it enough? Most sites i visited, gave the option of choosing battery, charger, tank etc. If i need to get everything separate, its not much of a starter kit, isn't it?
My best advice to you is to go to a shop and look at a few, hold them and learn about the different ones and what they offer. I wish I had done that when I moved from the lil 808s and ego's to a box. I ended up selling a few that I ordered online because they were too heavy for me and had options on them I didn't need. I now use a eleaf 100w. But there are a lot of other great stepping stone midway box mods out there. I just wish I would have learned which one was right for me at a shop first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PugLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Arnold Maryland
I have to say again after reading a lot of the responses You are definitely a great example of someone that will really benefit from a brick and mortar store. There you can learn exactly what will fit your wants and how to decide based on those wants. Best wishes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread