Muji cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I usually cut a strip about 50 percent wider than the coil diameter. Gently peel off the outer layers which, if looked at closely, may look more like cloth than loose cotton. Roll one end and pull it through your coil, then trim to desired length. If it pulls too tightly through the coil, you can pull just a small amount from the strip. Then use a pointy object such as sharp tweezers to gently fluff/comb the tails and tuck them into place.

Might take a couple of tries to perfect the procedure. I've got a huge bag of the Muji and have been using it for the last 5 years.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Sound advice from @bussdriver

I have noticed different densities depending on the brand of cotton so a little trial and error in finding the exact width of cut might be needed. Example: My current pack I cut to a measurement that is 4x the width of my coil. So a 3mm coil, I would cut a 12mm wide strip (I like my wick to be tight but not so tight it can not be threaded through the coil.). Remove the harder outer layer as bussdriver mentioned and thread through the coil.

After trimming I do not always comb out the tails – will depend on the atomizer I am wicking. I do fluff the cotton with a blunt object to remove any compressed cotton from the cut.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi
Bought a lot of muji cotton and cannot get how to use it. Can anyone tell me how to get the ends to fluff up. I also can't workout how much to use. No matter what size of a strip I cut and can always get it into the coil easy enough.

This is the Key to using Muji Cotton.

... Gently peel off the outer layers which, if looked at closely, may look more like cloth than loose cotton. ....

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi
Bought a lot of muji cotton and cannot get how to use it. Can anyone tell me how to get the ends to fluff up. I also can't workout how much to use. No matter what size of a strip I cut and can always get it into the coil easy enough.
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Your subject: wicks, suggest posting in : Wick and Wire
You may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above forum.

• Informative
Reactions: zoiDman

Juicedrinker

Dec 16, 2018
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I use to use cotton pads that my local vape shop had but they don't do them any more so bought a large bag of muji cotton from fasttec. So many say to cut twice the size of coil but that just was not working for me (not enough cotton) the I couldn't get them to fluff properly. The cotton I use to use all I had to do was give a little Rub with my fingers and it was done. I found with this muji cotton when I have it tight in coil and the tails are more compressed it will fluff easily. I'm trying to wick the berserker and kayfun prime. I use cotton bacon prime in drippers but I find that mouth to lung tanks are not as forgiving and need to be near perfect each time. So that's why Tring to use pads to get it right.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I use to use cotton pads that my local vape shop had but they don't do them any more so bought a large bag of muji cotton from fasttec. So many say to cut twice the size of coil but that just was not working for me (not enough cotton) the I couldn't get them to fluff properly. The cotton I use to use all I had to do was give a little Rub with my fingers and it was done. I found with this muji cotton when I have it tight in coil and the tails are more compressed it will fluff easily. I'm trying to wick the berserker and kayfun prime. I use cotton bacon prime in drippers but I find that mouth to lung tanks are not as forgiving and need to be near perfect each time. So that's why Tring to use pads to get it right.
The prime is a picky tank to wick, it doesn't like a lot near the juice holes, so depending on your coil size, sometimes you have to trim just the tails. You definitely need a decent amount thru coil then perhaps trim tails slightly, but you dont really need to fluff in the prime

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Im sorry to go off topic but there are THREE ads for C B D oil on my feed with this post. THREE times this ad for a substance we cant mention as a topic on the forum shows up. I call for the admins to remove these ads immediately and to not allow them to advertise on the forum. It seems utterly hypocritical to forbid a particular topic yet allow said substance to be advertised. Personally i belive C B D oil to be beneficial, but since this is a NICOTINE vape forum and we dont want to advocate any other particular substance these ads should be removed, post haste. Ill give you guys a couple days to accomplish this, and if not, then i shall not return. I will not associate with hypocrites. Honesty and integrity are more important to me.

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
Im sorry to go off topic but there are THREE ads for C B D oil on my feed with this post. THREE times this ad for a substance we cant mention as a topic on the forum shows up. I call for the admins to remove these ads immediately and to not allow them to advertise on the forum. It seems utterly hypocritical to forbid a particular topic yet allow said substance to be advertised. Personally i belive C B D oil to be beneficial, but since this is a NICOTINE vape forum and we dont want to advocate any other particular substance these ads should be removed, post haste. Ill give you guys a couple days to accomplish this, and if not, then i shall not return. I will not associate with hypocrites. Honesty and integrity are more important to me.

Sounds like a different topic.

I don't understand why people always recommend peeling off the top layers of your Muji. It's a waste of material. It is exactly the same cotton, only compressed. To get to a more usable form simply tear the pad into two halves, then separate the fibers by gently pulling and roll (part of) the pad back up to make a wick: IMG_20190208_191428.jpg IMG_20190208_191504.jpg IMG_20190208_191529.jpg IMG_20190208_191946.jpg IMG_20190208_192032.jpg

Roll it up tight to make a slower wicking wick that will hold more juice. If your chamber / juicewell is very reduced, you can choose to trim the tails in a point after the wick is inside the coil. Fluffing is not needed because you manually separated most of the fibers in the pad.

P.s. Notice how I'm using cotton from a Muji store. This is not a type of cotton, it's simply whatever the Muji retail chain gets their hands on to form the pads that meet their standard.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Fair enough ;-) Just putting out there that the problem of the outer layers being too dense can be resolved in other ways too.

I'm with you.

I think Everyone should try Multiple Ways of using the Cotton they have. And should also Try different types of Cotton. As well as Rayon.

Just like one type of Coil doesn't work Best for Everyone. The same really applies to Wicking Also.

• Agree
Reactions: Cooperant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread