Status
Not open for further replies.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
I will try that.. I did order the new version from 101 vape, and a 3.7v box mod from mad vapes as a good back-up.

now that I've thought about it- it did take a good tumble onto the Jeep floor from my lap when I slammed my brakes.. I think that happened right before the loss of life. perhaps something got knocked loose?

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK guys, I could never afford an I phone. Really though you can't replace the battery on the I phone????? Didn't know that. I probably cannot afford it cause I have 3 provaris. I guess that makes a lot of sense about being able to try out the advanced features at a low price. Like I said I wasn't trying to be snarky. I really was wondering. I wasn't sure if the battery could be changed or not. So can you get a new battery for the I phone? It would seem to be a throw away unit if you couldn't.

It's not just iPhones, the Samsung Galaxy Phones, the new Motorola Phones, they all come with supposed "non-replaceable" batteries. All this means is that you either have to pay someone to replace it, or you have to do it yourself.

In the phone world they do this to give you a slimmer form factor. It takes extra space to put in user replaceable batteries, the batteries also have to be smaller.

Also, my car has a USB port (I love Microsoft Sync in my Ford). I have USB ports at work. I have them at home. I have no less than 10 USB chargers. I have them for my kindles, my phones. and tons of other devices. USB Charging has become the defacto standard in all mainstream portable devices. Expensive tube mods that do not offer internal charging via USB, Micro USB, Mini USB, etc. seem ludicrous to me.

I have no need to worry about extra batteries, chargers. All I need is a cable and I keep cables in my car, at work, at home, and.. You get my point. If you are really stuck, you can use it to charge a dead phone in an emergency situation.

My MVP is more convenient than a Provari to me and also has VW should I want to use it. All for $43.00 including shipping. The only way it gets better is if someone sells a classy enclosure for it. The MVP 2.0 is THE best bang for the buck out there right now and offers more features than some $150.00 + tube mods.

The fact that they are flying off the shelves means that possibly, at some point, we just might see someone make some alternative enclosures for the guts so we can transfer them over into an enclosure that uses a replaceable battery should that even be necessary. Internal Charging + Light Weight + Replaceable Battery = Ultimate device.

I'm pretty sure the battery can be sourced elsewhere, but I don't have the cash on hand to order a 2nd one right now and I am not experimenting on my primary APV for obvious reasons. I had entered a contest to win a 2nd one and was going to do my experimenting on that one. Now I'll just have to wait until I can order another one and that is not in the budget until December.

How can you NOT need to have this around? Even the people who moan and complain about non-user-replaceable batteries are going out and buying them. lol

This product is a winner at this price point and if 101vapes.com keep selling them for $39.99, by the new year most of the active online vaping community is going to have one as a stocking stuffer.

Last edited:

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
It's not just iPhones, the Samsung Galaxy Phones, the new Motorola Phones, they all come with supposed "non-replaceable" batteries. All this means is that you either have to pay someone to replace it, or you have to do it yourself.

In the phone world they do this to give you a slimmer form factor. It takes extra space to put in user replaceable batteries, the batteries also have to be smaller.

Also, my car has a USB port (I love Microsoft Sync in my Ford). I have USB ports at work. I have them at home. I have no less than 10 USB chargers. I have them for my kindles, my phones. and tons of other devices. USB Charging has become the defacto standard in all mainstream portable devices. Expensive tube mods that do not offer internal charging via USB, Micro USB, Mini USB, etc. seem ludicrous to me.

I have no need to worry about extra batteries, chargers. All I need is a cable and I keep cables in my car, at work, at home, and.. You get my point. If you are really stuck, you can use it to charge a dead phone in an emergency situation.

My MVP is more convenient than a Provari to me and also has VW should I want to use it. All for $43.00 including shipping. The only way it gets better is if someone sells a classy enclosure for it. The MVP 2.0 is THE best bang for the buck out there right now and offers more features than some $150.00 + tube mods.

The fact that they are flying off the shelves means that possibly, at some point, we just might see someone make some alternative enclosures for the guts so we can transfer them over into an enclosure that uses a replaceable battery should that even be necessary. Internal Charging + Light Weight + Replaceable Battery = Ultimate device.

I'm pretty sure the battery can be sourced elsewhere, but I don't have the cash on hand to order a 2nd one right now and I am not experimenting on my primary APV for obvious reasons. I had entered a contest to win a 2nd one and was going to do my experimenting on that one. Now I'll just have to wait until I can order another one and that is not in the budget until December.

How can you NOT need to have this around? Even the people who moan and complain about non-user-replaceable batteries are going out and buying them. lol

This product is a winner at this price point and if 101vapes.com keep selling them for $39.99, by the new year most of the active online vaping community is going to have one as a stocking stuffer.

Oh geez... ^This^

Just about summed it up en toto. :) Nicely said...

If I had a Provari, it would be just so I could say that I have a Provari... not slighting it here, in any way, either.

Last edited:

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
not sure if I'll delve into VW, but having a resistance meter is a bonus! not all of my replacement cartos are marked, nor are a lot of other delivery methods I have lying around. better to check than take a rotten puff!

the MVP is a sturdy, solid device. feels great in my hand, handles whatever I can put on it. I haven't used the power bank function, but it's nice to know it's there. the price is very right for all it is, does and will give a user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread