• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My baby is sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Poor little Buddie wanted out first thing this morning. This is totally off for her since she usually wants to wait for our walk. Evidently she went out and ate a bunch of grass---not unusual because she is a very nervous dog.
She came in and, of course, barfed some of it up. I got that cleaned up and off we go for our walk. Right at first she was okay but on the way home she started stopping and sitting for a bit. Then more throwing up.
I got her home and got something in her tummy so I hope that helps, and I hope whatever is going on clears up. I beat she does too because she hates going to the Vet.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
She's doing better. Maybe the problem is I was trying to get her off Benedryl---she has problems with summer allergies so I give them to her almost constantly but when things look like they're calming down, I try to give her a break.
Back on the Benedryl tomorrow!!!

The nervous stomach is an issue too. Pretty much all loud noises which includes thunderstorms and fireworks upset her. Any disruption of things is something she hates and we've got a cat that's hanging around and there was even a clash this morning between the two. I hope it finds a new home somewhere soon!!!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Cook up some chicken and rice for her... works wonders for an upset tummy.

Well she certainly wouldn't turn that down!!!

She's fine last night. Then during the night it started storming so she was quaking.
As for the cat, I've got to do something about it. It does have a home but home is a home of a cat hoarder of sorts. The woman doesn't go out looking for strays to take home, but she doesn't do anything about keeping the population down.
I put the front of the dog house toward the porch last night, emptied the water bowl, and used it to block the top of the door that the cat could still get in.
The darn thing moved the bowl and I had to go out and bump the dog house so it would leave.
Tonight I'm going to put the front against the house and see how things go.
It's a good thing it's a small dog house!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread