My batts are getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kembial

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
United States
I honestly have no idea how long my batts would have lasted. Dropped my first two in the bay, while fishing, on two separate occasions! Ran over my third with the car. Dented and scratched, but kept going for far longer than I expected before dying out. And even before each of those unfortunate deaths, I had the bad habit of flooding cartos which then flooded the batts, and had to do routine fiddling to get them working a little longer. Mine have died due to my own incompetence.
#'s 4 and 5 are still here, and no real problems (or accidents, yet!) with them. I do find a really crapped out carto will suck the life out a full charge, though. And I tend to be stuck with old, used up cartos more often than I like. Really need to keep up on my ordering.

canuckeh

Feb 20, 2011
Fort McMurray
How many charges do you guys figure the average battery can handle? I'm using the 65mm ones and they have to be around 200+ charges each. However, compared to my trifecta, they aren't hitting nearly as hard as what I think they used to. The trifecta is newer and has only seen maybe 30 charges.

Is this normal for auto batteries to have a weaker hit, or is it ttime to order new ones?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
How many charges do you guys figure the average battery can handle? I'm using the 65mm ones and they have to be around 200+ charges each. However, compared to my trifecta, they aren't hitting nearly as hard as what I think they used to. The trifecta is newer and has only seen maybe 30 charges.

Is this normal for auto batteries to have a weaker hit, or is it ttime to order new ones?

They're rated for 300 charge cycles, so yeah, you may be nearing the end of their lifespans.

Newme

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Wisconsin
I have one left now of my original ones from February, and it's still part of my regular rotation. I have several others that range anywhere from eight months old to brand new and they all work equally as well. I've only broken two of mine, totally my own fault. And I've given several away to help others quit smoking that didn't think it would work and couldn't afford to find out on their own.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Yup, I regularly clean both the threads and the air-holes on my bats.
Airflow is really important for a good performance.

And, it will be even more important with the new "sealed" posts we will be switching to on all future orders. The design depends on excess liquid being able to flow out through the airholes. If they are clogged, excess liquid WILL still get inside the batt. I am applying an additional layer of internal protection, which our competitors will not have, just in case that happens, but still.

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
And, it will be even more important with the new "sealed" posts we will be switching to on all future orders. The design depends on excess liquid being able to flow out through the airholes. If they are clogged, excess liquid WILL still get inside the batt. I am applying an additional layer of internal protection, which our competitors will not have, just in case that happens, but still.

So Leaf, when do you expect that we will have the sealed autos? I am sooooooo happy we are doing them with our new and improved protection. Bloog may not be first to the market with every new thing, but Bloog releases the best version.

THANK YOU!:rickroll:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
So Leaf, when do you expect that we will have the sealed autos? I am sooooooo happy we are doing them with our new and improved protection. Bloog may not be first to the market with every new thing, but Bloog releases the best version.

THANK YOU!:rickroll:

Not sure yet. We've got a battery order already in the pipeline, but I'm not sure if they can still do those with the sealed post and internal protection since we just made that decision. I just put in a new order for some special batts (which I'll be announcing more about after Chinese New Year [no, still not the big hush-hush project, but you'll love these too!;)]), so those will definitely have them.

So the best I can say right now is probably not until after CNY. And we haven't decided yet whether to list them separate from the current auto batts, or rotate them into the mix like we've done with other upgrades. I'll keep you all posted as things develop.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Hi Pmos wherehave you been? Ive been here spreadin sarcasem all by my self.. its hard work.. No ones fired Red in ages i think...

I gave my blue a good clean the other day.. was a bit surprised to find juice down the middle hole. Didnt seem to affect it..

Hi Michelle ;)
Glad to see you.
Been rather busy, but wasn't worried: I'm sure you can handle any amount of sarcasm spreading over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread