Status
Not open for further replies.

El Heisenberg

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
United States
Well I tried my hand at homebrews recipe. #4 and #7, First I made a small batch of each but made #7 at 20% flavor to base!? (Newb), Number 7 was a 10 mil batch. It tasted awful outta the gate for me, I tasted a dry graham cracker, thats it. This was friday night at about 1am. On Monday about 4 pm I tasted it again and wooh it was sooo sweet I'm thinking I added some cotton candy to me because I kept tasting honey and couldnt figure where that taste was from., another thing the longer I held the button on my PV the more flavor I got, if I took a puff as soon as I pressed the button it would taste similar to the same day I made it, IDK why? I tasted so many flavors but the one flavor I wanted to taste was the black and mile but I couldnt get even get the smallest smell or taste? Will be making Number 7 tonight correctly with 15% flavor to base and no vinegar. Number 4 seemed so easy, so I made a 5mil batch. this one tasted very similar for me outta the gate, like dry cracker? IDK, but I thought it was funny because this one had no graham cracker in it anyways this is saturday night when I made this test batch? On Sunday the wife and I decide to have Chinese food, right before leaving the house I take a puff and man did the flavor change in one day? It was soo good tasted like a really nice cigar. Vaped the whole 5 mils that evening. So of course I made another batch at 20% to base because I still hadn't figured out it was supposed to be 15% to base. This batch was 70ml!! My first big batch, I was so proud of myself.... It tasted like doo doo, haha, aside from that I burned 10 mils of Black and Mile in an un vapable recipe. I think it can be fixed, I just wouldnt know how to do it? BTW this BIG batch was a 50/50 @ 48mg Nic. with a 12mg stregth 60/40 vg/pg base. If someone can help me fix this it would be great. Also thank's to all of you for your help, these recipes are great and have helped me as well as others I'm sure, stay off the cancer sticks. Dang it! I curse this cursor. It just disappears sometimes and while I think Im typing... Im not? ARGHHHH!

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Well I tried my hand at homebrews recipe. #4 and #7, First I made a small batch of each but made #7 at 20% flavor to base!? (Newb), Number 7 was a 10 mil batch. It tasted awful outta the gate for me, I tasted a dry graham cracker, thats it. This was friday night at about 1am. On Monday about 4 pm I tasted it again and wooh it was sooo sweet I'm thinking I added some cotton candy to me because I kept tasting honey and couldnt figure where that taste was from., another thing the longer I held the button on my PV the more flavor I got, if I took a puff as soon as I pressed the button it would taste similar to the same day I made it, IDK why? I tasted so many flavors but the one flavor I wanted to taste was the black and mile but I couldnt get even get the smallest smell or taste? Will be making Number 7 tonight correctly with 15% flavor to base and no vinegar. Number 4 seemed so easy, so I made a 5mil batch. this one tasted very similar for me outta the gate, like dry cracker? IDK, but I thought it was funny because this one had no graham cracker in it anyways this is saturday night when I made this test batch? On Sunday the wife and I decide to have Chinese food, right before leaving the house I take a puff and man did the flavor change in one day? It was soo good tasted like a really nice cigar. Vaped the whole 5 mils that evening. So of course I made another batch at 20% to base because I still hadn't figured out it was supposed to be 15% to base. This batch was 70ml!! My first big batch, I was so proud of myself.... It tasted like doo doo, haha, aside from that I burned 10 mils of Black and Mile in an un vapable recipe. I think it can be fixed, I just wouldnt know how to do it? BTW this BIG batch was a 50/50 @ 48mg Nic. with a 12mg stregth 60/40 vg/pg base. If someone can help me fix this it would be great. Also thank's to all of you for your help, these recipes are great and have helped me as well as others I'm sure, stay off the cancer sticks. Dang it! I curse this cursor. It just disappears sometimes and while I think Im typing... Im not? ARGHHHH!
It's probably just exhausted....

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
Just a heads-up.... For those folks looking for tobacco Absolute for their concoctions (its been hard to find recently).....One Stop DIY shop now has it in stock...both in the original concentrated (sticky-tar like stuff), and a diluted version.

Tobacco Absolute - One Stop DIY Shop Store

Have fun....

El Heisenberg

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
United States
Please help me understand these two sentences. Is the nicotine (by itself, with no flavors) 50/50 @ 48mg?

YES. I'm sorry, newb excitement and trying to be cool and talk like I'm a pro! haha, sorry.
My 2nd attempt at #7 was perfect! It was a little too sweet at first, but a week of steeping and hot water baths later its perfect for me. Like I said in my previous "paragraph". I've never tried BB but this recipe(#7) is awesome. Thanks SloHand.

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
guys any luck on something alternative for black mile or black cigar? is black mild from tpa something similar?

No it's different just like black mile is different than black cigar. Different company is a different flavor and that goes for every flavor but, much more so with tobaccos.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Amazing this has not been cracked yet. With all the people that most know some or the entire recipe, the internet, all the artists in the DIY arena and all the clues, this still has not been cloned.

And that's the beauty of it. It will go down in history as the most challenging recipe to replicate.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
In two years, we may no longer have BB to buy from Ave Juice. With the FDA regulations coming, they will have to offer zero nic BB, which we know is not offered. Or they could sell the recipe to BT or they can pay big legal fines to keep selling it the way it is, but FDA guidelines will also require the ingredients be listed.

I hate to change the subject in this thread, and get all FDA like. But an ejuice crackdown from the FDA in the US is coming.

Ave could always move to another country. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
With the FDA regulations coming, they will have to offer zero nic BB, which we know is not offered..

There are loopholes like selling via B&M channels as a concentrate which you have to mix up yourself. There are also laws that protect trade secrets regardless of labeling laws.

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
In two years, we may no longer have BB to buy from Ave Juice. With the FDA regulations coming, they will have to offer zero nic BB, which we know is not offered. Or they could sell the recipe to BT or they can pay big legal fines to keep selling it the way it is, but FDA guidelines will also require the ingredients be listed.

I hate to change the subject in this thread, and get all FDA like. But an ejuice crackdown from the FDA in the US is coming.

Ave could always move to another country. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

I expect (hope) that AVE has the revenue and resources to continue through FDA compliance.

As to the requirement for a zero-NIC version, I wasn't aware of that. (Not implying that you're wrong; I haven't read much about the proposed regulations.) However, I don't think that would preclude them from offering a zero-NIC version. They'd have to omit whatever ingredient(s) contain NIC and the taste would be different. But, that would be a similar situation to sugared and sugar-free soft drinks. You want to exclude some component from your juice, then expect to trade off some flavor/taste.

I don't think the FDA will be the demise of Boba's. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell out to big tobacco. Those guys can write pretty big checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread